Religious leaders factually wrong. Again. (Shocking.) (1 Viewer)

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
Well they probably think about the things everyone does, but they also give a lot of thought's about the purpose of life, morality and stuff like that. And i don't know about the pope, he probably is just old, senile virgine.
Non-Religious Morality takes way more thought than its theist enemy.

The purpose of life???? To extend our evolutonary chain as far from the common ancestor as possible.

any other life questions you need simple answers to, just holla!

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
I predict that the Islamic response for this (once this becomes popular) would be:
Islam is 1500 years old and Judaism is even older. The technology available at that time is vastly different from the current one. And so for a prophet 1500 years ago.. the hallal method of slaughter was the least painful one for animals. Now that we have means to make it less painful, we should.
Also, islamic countries are under developed. The means and the costs of attaining shock devices let alone using them is not easy at all, especially in uneducated populations like ours.
If a muslim has the kind of funds and understanding needed, then he should use the modern method. If not, then its okay to slaughter the traditional way.

Its not a bad argument btw.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Non-Religious Morality takes way more thought than its theist enemy.

The purpose of life???? To extend our evolutonary chain as far from the common ancestor as possible.

any other life questions you need simple answers to, just holla!
You see? You take the simple, poor answers, and simply agree to the majority, because you don't think with your own head. And can you base your first statement on something? Do they read a lot of anti-religious books (i think most of them don't read a lot less than a christian reads a bible for example). I still can't see how religion is thoughtless, actually i think there's a lot to thought about in it.

OP
Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #24
    I predict that the Islamic response for this (once this becomes popular) would be:
    Islam is 1500 years old and Judaism is even older. The technology available at that time is vastly different from the current one. And so for a prophet 1500 years ago.. the hallal method of slaughter was the least painful one for animals. Now that we have means to make it less painful, we should.
    Also, islamic countries are under developed. The means and the costs of attaining shock devices let alone using them is not easy at all, especially in uneducated populations like ours.
    If a muslim has the kind of funds and understanding needed, then he should use the modern method. If not, then its okay to slaughter the traditional way.

Its not a bad argument btw.
    An admission of being wrong? You have to be joking.

If there's one thing religions fight tooth and nail against (well all things actually), it's change. However small, however sensible, however important. If religions were willing to change all the time they would lose their persuasive power entirely. They are completely banking on this "2000 years of wisdom proves that it is the universal truth" scam.

OP
    Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #25
    You see? You take the simple, poor answers, and simply agree to the majority, because you don't think with your own head.
    You're right, that's completely different from what religious people do. Religious people are famous for being independent thinkers and not just trusting what they are told by clerics or read in the bible, right?

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
    Jun 18, 2006
    You see? You take the simple, poor answers, and simply agree to the majority, because you don't think with your own head. And can you base your first statement on something? Do they read a lot of non-religious books (i think most of them don't read a lot less than a christian reads a bible for example). I still can't see how religion is thoughtless, actually i think there's a lot to thought about in it.
    A poor answer, explain to me how that is a poor answer, unless you don't believe in evolution, then you're a moron.

The Bible.Qu'Ran (whatever) offer answers, WRONG answers.

It tells you how to act, determining how to ac ton your own will clearly take longer than if you are told how to act.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
    A poor answer, explain to me how that is a poor answer, unless you don't believe in evolution, then you're a moron.

The Bible.Qu'Ran (whatever) offer answers, WRONG answers.

It tells you how to act, determining how to ac ton your own will clearly take longer than if you are told how to act.
    The answer is poor, because it's a fucking sad purpose, even the most moronic retard would be able to achieve such a great goal as making a child.

And while other people sleep, christian spends saturday/sunday morning in church studying bible, and studies it also through a week, they often even run's a small group of thinkers. And be sure, the life of christian is full of choices, which makes you to use your own head.

Hist

Founder of Hism
    Jan 18, 2009

If there's one thing religions fight tooth and nail against (well all things actually), it's change. However small, however sensible, however important. If religions were willing to change all the time they would lose their persuasive power entirely. They are completely banking on this "2000 years of wisdom proves that it is the universal truth" scam.
    well you will get both responses.. i was just highlighting what the "thinkers" would say. If you asked me 2 years ago I'd have said the same thing.

When they are opposed to a fact like this, they will claim that those methods were not available 2000 years ago and so if the prophet had said use an electric shocker they would have just stared incomprehensibly.

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
    Jun 18, 2006
    The answer is poor, because it's a fucking sad purpose, even the most moronic retard would be able to achieve such a great goal as making a child.

Just becuase you are too stupid/scared to face the obvious futility of your existence doesn't make the answer poor.

It's the right answer, like it or not, we live to progate the species, everything esle is stupid.

We're smart apes with ideas above our station.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
    Just becuase you are too stupid/scared to face the obvious futility of your existence doesn't make the answer poor.

It's the right answer, like it or not, we live to progate the species, everything esle is stupid.

We're smart apes with ideas above our station.
    I really feel sorry for your life, must be depressing.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004

:tup:

Indeed, religion is a major scam.

Hist

Founder of Hism
    Jan 18, 2009
    well you will get both responses.. i was just highlighting what the "thinkers" would say. If you asked me 2 years ago I'd have said the same thing.

When they are opposed to a fact like this, they will claim that those methods were not available 2000 years ago and so if the prophet had said use an electric shocker they would have just stared incomprehensibly.
    well on second thought.... a REAL Prophet would have told them that in the future electricity will be discovered and shocking devices will exist.. and when it is created they should slaughter the less painful way. :lol:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)