Ref Shoots Coach to Death in S.Africa (1 Viewer)

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
Don't generalize BS like that. I've lived in South Africa and North America, and they're all the same sh!t. Each nation has its own problems. Don't tell me SA aren't capable of holding the World Cup. It's people like you who give a bad reputation to one of the most prideful nations in the world. :groan:

OP
nosubstitute959
Jul 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #6
    WTF are you talking about. I don't care where you've lived and I know that each nation has its problems, but I've read about South Africa from trusted sources that say racism and violence rates are very high and common down there. I also know people that have lived there and said Security is a *****. And I don't know where the North America link came from. I live in a quiet city in N. America and I'm not quite exposed to the ugly side of big cities. I never said South Africa isn't capable of holding the World Cup. In fact, they're the most advanced country in Africa, but secuirty and racism are other issues. Don't be fvcking lashing out at me when I've grabbed something from Reuters and posted it here. And what exactly do you mean by people like me? I'd like an explanation if you don't mind.

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by nosubstitute959 ] ++
    WTF are you talking about. I don't care where you've lived and I know that each nation has its problems, but I've read about South Africa from trusted sources that say racism and violence rates are very high and common down there. I also know people that have lived there and said Security is a *****. And I don't know where the North America link came from. I live in a quiet city in N. America and I'm not quite exposed to the ugly side of big cities. I never said South Africa isn't capable of holding the World Cup. In fact, they're the most advanced country in Africa, but secuirty and racism are other issues. Don't be fvcking lashing out at me when I've grabbed something from Reuters and posted it here. And what exactly do you mean by people like me? I'd like an explanation if you don't mind.
    Explain the rolleyes, and the way you wrote this statement. It was all implying that S. Africa are a bad nation not capable of successfully holding a WC. And all of this violence that you hear about is over exxagerated by the media. I lived there as a child and teen and it was the best ****ing time in my life. You could have at least posted your message against the act of violence rather than insulting the country as a whole. How many of these incidents have we seen in other countries in the world, for even STUPIDER things. And about security, if you dont **** around, nothing will happen to you. Racism :rolleyes: every country in the whole gaddamn world has racism, there is no way out of that.

OP
    nosubstitute959
    Jul 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #8
    I see now what made you think I was making fun, but that honestly wasn't my intention. I'm just concerned about the security during the world cup.

As for violence, the books also said they were over-exaggerated, but racism......I don't really know how it compares with other countries, but it is definitely a big problem there judging from the 3 books I consulted.

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
    Every World Cup has security issues along with racism issues. I'm sorry man, but I really get annoyed when people insult countries like South Africa just because they have had rough histories. Every time I say I'm from RSA to someone, they're like "have you seen someone die, raped, have you seen a gun, have you been hijacked???"

It's ridiculous.

OP
    nosubstitute959
    Jul 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #11
    I'm talking based on statistics and things that I've read. My friend tells me S. Africa is one of the loveliest places on Earth to live, but when it comes to violence, it's a big problem. Of course there's a lot of media hype involved, but it just doesn't come out of nowhere is what I'm thinking. I could be wrong.

I'm not a person to pass judgements on people based on what I hear......trust that. I also get shit like "do you know a terrorist?","Do you live in pyramids?","Do you ride a camel to school?" And if you have any suspicion of me trying to make S.A. look bad since Egypt lost their WC bid to them, you're wrong, because I opposed our campaign from the start........just wanted to point that out.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    Yeah, that's what I'm wondering. Surely there had to be a degree of pre-meditation if the referee was just carrying a gun around with him in a football stadium :confused:

btw I have no beef with South Africa. They gave the world Charlize Theron :drool: and one of my favourite movies "The Power of One" :thumb:

Len

Feb 13, 2004
    Bloody South Africans.....:sigh:

BTW, The Power of one is an awesome movie....I was nearly in tears.....:down:

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
    how awful...!!!

@persianMafia: chill out dude.. how did you get this idea of nosub being racist..!!?? it was clear that his main concern was the security of the country that will hold WC2010..

I don't how will they pull it off.. the security issue is a major concern in S.A... no doubt about that...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)