Redevelopment of Delle Alpi (2 Viewers)

Sep 14, 2003
I would've liked to of seen stadium plans with a larger capacity. However, if we do sell the 40,000 or so tickets on a regular basis, those who can't get tickets will be in no position to complain when they can't be bothered (for whatever lame reason) to go the stadium in it's current state and support their team.

Len

Feb 13, 2004
I just hope this decision to decrease the capacity is the right one, and that we won't need to expand the stadium again after.....

gray

Apr 22, 2003
seriously though, to think that our attendance was less than 10,000 against Maccabi in a meaningful CL match is disgraceful... small team or not :(

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
seriously though, to think that our attendance was less than 10,000 against Maccabi in a meaningful CL match is disgraceful... small team or not :(
especially when you see the english and spanish teams playing to near full crowds every match,small team or otherwise.

Len

Feb 13, 2004
Seriously......there was only 18,000 at the Stadium against Bayern...although on TV, it looked like there was more....like 30,000.....

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
Delle Alpi does not hold 71,000 for a start apparently there are security probs so its more like 55,000

Attendance last night of c19k, comparing it to some division one matches in England, its quite worrying more people are turning up to watch wolves-derby than juve-bayern

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
So the only conclusion we can come up with is that the working-class Turin citizens support Torino and that the Delle Alpi is not a great venue? It really doesn't make much sense at all. Last year our Juve-Olympiakos attendance was like 40,000. :confused:

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
really :eek:

that would actually be very surprising to me, if that were true. I'd have guessed at about 15k in that match!

I'm hopeful that with the redeveloped stadium we'll pull in full attendances every single week of the season. If we STILL don't get the attendances the only conclusion is that we simply do not have the fans in Turin. Palermo will seem even more an attractive proposition.

ps 77000 fans in San Siro tonight for Milan Barca :frown:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Excuse me Tom, I was thinking of the Juventus-Newcastle and the Juve-Feyenoord matches in 2002. Both of which the attendances were touching the 40,000 mark. Moreover, both first-round games against inferior sides compared to Bayern. Something must have happened after Juve lost the Final that May, as the attendances just kept falling, and continue to do so.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)