Real to pip Juve to Mascherano (1 Viewer)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Juve to miss Mascherano
Friday 10 September, 2004

Real Madrid are set to beat Juventus in the chase to land Argentine starlet Javier Mascherano.

The central midfielder was hotly linked with a Delle Alpi switch but the Spanish giants are also keen.

Mascherano is one of the most promising South American players in circulation, who caught the eye at the Athens Olympics.

"I know that a number of European clubs are interested and contact has been made with my club," said the River Plate ace.

"But at this moment in time there has been no agreement reached over my proposed sale."

However, the Argentine giants have admitted that Real are in a good position to land the international.

"Negotiations with Real have been positive up to now," stated River chief Maria Aguilar. "We have the same interests after all.

"Real would like to sign the player in the January transfer window while we want to keep him with us until December."

channel4.com

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #3
    Same thing I was thinking actually. Though he's a very promising youngster with alot of talent, we have enough defensive midfielders. Mascherano would be an upgrade to Tacchinardi no doubt, but I'd rather spend the money elsewhere and see how Appiah and Blasi develop.

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
    Jul 12, 2002
    This guy is supposed to be the next big thing, my guess is that he is at least better than Tacchi and Blasi, Appiah has a lot of potential so I won't make a comparison there. Point is; in 3-5 years time we could be tearing our hair out because we didn't sign him. All reports I've read says that's he definetely worth getting.

Ramin

vBookie Champion
    Nov 18, 2003

we were linked with him before getting Emerson. but now that we got emo Juve is not intereted anymore.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by ehfvkfao ] ++
    appiah much better than Mascherano

Mascherano is sure overated!!
    over-rated? hardly anyone even knows his name, how can he be over-rated? :)

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    he's definitely worth getting,and would be a huge upgrade over tacchinardi.

we should sell alessio and get this guy if we're really into playing a DM next to emerson cos he's better than blasi too,imo.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

over-rated? hardly anyone even knows his name, how can he be over-rated? :)
    he's pretty well known as far as south american youths go,ever since athens his name has been tossed around a fair bit so i won't say hardly anyone knows his name.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
    I think we getting fooled by semantics. I heard a lot of report saying that he is a "jewel" but IMO he is anything but that. Mascherano seemed to be a type of person who is versatille and have very solid fundamentals. However, he didnt seem to be one of those players with outstanding flair, technical skill and vision. I guess Real need one of those solid uncompromising midfielder to give some stealth in their midfield but that is far from our worries. I would like to see whether Blasi can make a transition.

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
    He was very good in the olympics, and I agree with what Torkel said that in 3 years we will be angry because we let him go!

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004
    I had seen Mascherano many times and i agree he his a very solid player, brilliant at defense and could become better in the next years. However, i dont think he has more potential than Appiah and also we have Blasi that isnt bad . Mascherano could be very expensive for Moggi. Better to bring someone to cover our flank......

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)