Real plan San Siro double swoop (1 Viewer)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Real renew £40m Adriano bid
Friday 21 January, 2005

Arrigo Sacchi has pinpointed Adriano and Milan’s Andrea Pirlo as the necessary reinforcements for Real Madrid.

The former Rossoneri and Italy Coach has kept a close eye on Serie A stars since taking over as the Spaniards’ director of football last month and these two players are top of his wish-list.

Adriano was already hot property on the transfer market earlier in the season, when Real President Florentino Perez admitted his interest in the Brazilian, but Sacchi spotted his talent even earlier when negotiating a co-ownership deal for Parma in 2002.

It is reported that Adriano – who will only turn 23 in February – is now valued at approximately £40m, but Inter would need a bigger sum than that to part with the ‘Imperatore’.

Adriano has already denied he wishes to leave the San Siro, despite a public appeal from Brazil teammate Ronaldo to join him in Spain.

Sacchi has another target in his sights for the notoriously unbalanced Real Madrid midfield, as he believes Andrea Pirlo is the man to give them greater equilibrium.

The Milan star has been key to their recent successes under Carlo Ancelotti in a deeper role, though again it is highly unlikely the San Siro outfit will be willing to even negotiate.

Meanwhile, Palermo have officially sold half of Ernesto Farias’ contract to River Plate for just over £1m. “I am happy to be going home,” said the Argentine striker who has failed to make an impact in his six-month Serie A spell.

Palermo already have a replacement lined up, as Davide Possanzini has completed his move from Serie B side Albinoleffe for £1.3m.

source: channel4.com

Buy on AliExpress.com

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Inter will sell him easily.they don't keep their stars.they sold Mutu,Ferrari,Frey,Crespo,Ronaldo,Roberto Carlos and it doesn't seem they refuse the offer for Adriano too.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
++ [ originally posted by K10 ] ++
Inter and Milan ain't that dumb.
I'm sure that Milan wouldn't sell Pirlo. Pirlo is needed by Milan.

About Inter, I'm not so sure about that, not only do they buy stars, they drive away star players too, like Pirlo, Crespo + Cannavaro (too many to state). So I'm not surprised that Inter will go for this deal as well.

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
imagine real madrid:

Ronaldo--Adriano

Zidane-------------Figo
--Gravesen-Gattuso

R.Carlos-Samuel-???-Salgado

Casillas :p

OP
Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #17
    What do Real Madrid want another striker for? Adriano is world-class and would imo force his way into any manager's starting eleven, but Luxemburgo already has Ronaldo, Raul, Owen and Portillo at his disposal and Robinho could join in the very near future. If I was a man of influence at Real Madrid I would shelf the attempt to sign Adriano and focus on the area that really requires reinforcements, ie. the defence.

Oct 1, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
    What do Real Madrid want another striker for? Adriano is world-class and would imo force his way into any manager's starting eleven, but Luxemburgo already has Ronaldo, Raul, Owen and Portillo at his disposal and Robinho could join in the very near future. If I was a man of influence at Real Madrid I would shelf the attempt to sign Adriano and focus on the area that really requires reinforcements, ie. the defence.
    They don't care about football, All they want is another big name signing to boost their shirt sales and attendance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)