Real hint at Gerrard move (1 Viewer)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Real hint at Gerrard move
by Alex Dunn - Last Updated 12 Sep 2004

Real Madrid are reportedly ready to launch a January bid for Steven Gerrard after president Florentino Perez admitted he was a player whom he admired.

The Spanish giants missed out on Arsenal captain Patrick Vieira in the summer and now look to have earmarked his Liverpool counterpart as a potential target.

Gerrard has been in imperious form for the Merseyside outfit this term and his performances have clearly not gone unnoticed on the continent.

''Steven Gerrard is a player I really like, he is the type of player who would suit the famous shirt of Real Madrid,'' Perez told the Sunday Mirror.

The Anfield favourite was on the verge of a move to free-spending Chelsea in the pre-season but a late change of heart resulted in his prolonged stay with Rafa Benitez's new look side.

Gerrard was on target against West Brom on Saturday, netting his fourth goal of what has been an impressive campaign for the England man.

Madrid have already enlisted the services of three of Sven Goran Eriksson's England set-up, with Jonathan Woodgate and Michael Owen having joined David Beckham in the capital.

planetfootball.com

Buy on AliExpress.com

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
a superb replacement for makelele imo.although i doubt he'll fight with as much passion for real as much as for liverpool or england,he'd still make a quality player.the best englishman they could buy.

get rid of beckham and co.,gerrard's the man they need.

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
One of my biggest nightmares is Gerrard moving to Real. My second favourite player to a team I hate and especially to a team that is a big threat to us.
But I have to admit that Gerrard would be perfect for Real, like Desmond says he is a good replacement for Makelele. Gerrard is a bit more offensive than Makelele but I'm sure that's just what Real wants. With Gerrard Real could become really dangerous.

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++
a superb replacement for makelele imo.although i doubt he'll fight with as much passion for real as much as for liverpool or england,he'd still make a quality player.the best englishman they could buy.
Very true...

What's with this new "love" towards English players now?

Len

Feb 13, 2004
Do you guys reckon English players can perform well in Spain and Italy? Personally I don't think so.....

Jul 28, 2002
personally i think certain ones can, stevie g without doubt...but certain one dimensional players (ahemmmm owen), may struggle in leagues such as seria , as they would be abble to control the game as well.

But like in life, it depends.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
they'd have to be able to cope with the rough and tumble of the game,and gerrard definitely can.

slight doubts about the technical aspect though,he might not be used to tackling technically skilled players.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
The guy being tackled in the second picture looks like Denis Irwin: a great wing-back in his day, but hardly on a par with Baggio for technique.

I think Gerrard would be okay in Serie A, but I do think he's a player who flatters to deceive. He looks like he's playing brilliantly, but he disrupts the passing flow and loses the ball more often than he makes anything of it.

Henry

Sep 30, 2003
I hate Real! and if they get Gerrard, I will hate them even more than Manu, and that is saying something! Liverpool really needs Gerrard-I think he's Liverpools most important player-certainly more important than Owen was.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)