Reading Guitar Tabs (1 Viewer)

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
i know it's still too early for me to play tabs and stuff, but i really (outta curiousity) wanna know how do i read tabs and play'em

G--------x-x-x-x-3-3-0---------x-x-x-x-6-6-0--------------------------
D-3--3-3-x-x-x-x-3-3-0--6--6-6-x-x-x-x-6-6-0--------------------------
A-3--3-3-x-x-x-x-1-1-0--6--6-6-x-x-x-x-4-4-0--------------------------
E-1--1-1-x-x-x-x-----0--4--4-4-x-x-x-x-----0--------------------------

when i see things like that, i go :wth: what tha fek is that?
help please Torkel and glenn and *aca* and co. :)

Buy on AliExpress.com

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by -CSD- ] ++
i know it's still too early for me to play tabs and stuff, but i really (outta curiousity) wanna know how do i read tabs and play'em

G--------x-x-x-x-3-3-0---------x-x-x-x-6-6-0--------------------------
D-3--3-3-x-x-x-x-3-3-0--6--6-6-x-x-x-x-6-6-0--------------------------
A-3--3-3-x-x-x-x-1-1-0--6--6-6-x-x-x-x-4-4-0--------------------------
E-1--1-1-x-x-x-x-----0--4--4-4-x-x-x-x-----0--------------------------

when i see things like that, i go :wth: what tha fek is that?
help please Torkel and glenn and *aca* and co. :)
who's co. ?

:D

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
Do you mean the "x"'s?

You are supposed to mute those, it creates a neat effect. Just hold your hand gently over the strings. I don't know how to explain it better, is it ok? :)

OP
Dj Juve

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #4
    nonono, i dont even know the concept of Tabs. what's all that numbers and stuff :embarass:

do you know any articles that could help? :)

++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++

who's co. ?

:D
    definitely not you :p ;)

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
    Put your fingers on the strings..if it's 133 it means put your index on the first frest of the first string, 3 fret of the 2nd string and 3rd fret of the 3rd string. Dunno how to explain it through words but hope you understand.

the 0000 means that you just play them open without touching the strings and t xxx as tarmpropp said.

*aca*

Jul 15, 2002
    http://www.olga.net

You will find detailed instructions on how to read the tabs and also there is a "chord generator" thingy, pretty usefull :)

Btw, they have an archive of over 20 k songs (27407 files (3115 bass) ) tabs and chords, ready made, just to pick up ;)

Cheers :)

OP
    Dj Juve

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #12
    i already used the olganet thing from GOAT's google search. But thanks alot man :cool:

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
    www.tabcrawler.com

Good site for Tabs. Except the layout is a little annoying. Tabs are real easy, once you learn the basic, you can read and write easily. I see your playing Nirvana - Teen Spirit. GREAT SONG! One of the first songs i learnt after, scar tissue and californication. But it is a little diffiuclt because of the power chords. THey can get tricky for the begginer, but if you have a bit of experience you should be fine. GOOD LUCK! Learn power chords and you can play the rhythm to basically all of nirvana, blink 182 or any other basic rock or metal band.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
    i can only read tabs as well. its fine if you know how the song goes...but one thing i hate is someone giving me a sheet of paper with tab on it and asking me to play it for them. I'm like, "how does the song go??":down:

seriously CSD, if you're going to pick up the guitar, it might be worth learning it proparly. its one of my biggest regrets not getting lessons etc...

OP
    Dj Juve

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #18
    ++ [ originally posted by Adrian ] ++
    i can only read tabs as well. its fine if you know how the song goes...but one thing i hate is someone giving me a sheet of paper with tab on it and asking me to play it for them. I'm like, "how does the song go??":down:

seriously CSD, if you're going to pick up the guitar, it might be worth learning it proparly. its one of my biggest regrets not getting lessons etc...
    i know, thats what everyone's being saying. Im gonna go to classes after i get the basics. I dont want to go the and learn stuff i can learn myself and waste my time and $$$.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)