Ray Charles's Death :down: (1 Viewer)

Asma

Doctor Asma
Oct 21, 2003
Ray Charles Remembered As an Innovator

BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. (AP) - As Ray Charles played and sang, his stiffly swaying shoulders suggested some invisible tug of war between a devil and an angel. Charles, who died Thursday at age 73, was a musical innovator who combined the rollicking ``bad boy'' free-spiritedness of rock 'n' roll with the pious aching of gospel and soul to create a new style in such hits as ``What'd I Say,'' ``Hit the Road Jack,'' ``Georgia on My Mind'' and ``I Can't Stop Loving You.''

``There will never be another musician who did as much to break down the perceived walls of musical genres as much as Ray Charles did,'' said music producer Quincy Jones, who described Charles as a ``brother in every sense of the word.''

Charles died of acute liver disease at his Beverly Hills home at 11:35 a.m., surrounded by family and friends, said spokesman Jerry Digney.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Ferrari^M

Sep 3, 2002
Rest in peace.

I heard that they told him that there was a chance that he could get his vision back, with an operation or something, but he refuced saying that he prefered staying in the dark and looking through his heart...

OP
Asma

Asma

Doctor Asma
Oct 21, 2003
  • Thread Starter #8
    i like his "shake your tail feather" .....he is the "mastermind behind the soul music" .....

OP
    Asma

Asma

Doctor Asma
    Oct 21, 2003
  • Thread Starter #12
    ++ [ originally posted by blackmint ] ++
    im surprised more people arent shocked about his death!
    cuz MOST of the members dont know him OR they just dont give a damn about it!(which is totally sick)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)