Rate summer mercato (2 Viewers)

vote

Results are only viewable after voting.

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
Marchisio and Lichtsteiner left, Khedira is still starting for us and Bonucci is back but I STILL give this a 10.

Sensational is the only word for it.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
You can’t sign CR7 and get anything less than a 9. All round we’ve improved the squad, just a shame we had to lose a promising Young Italian CB to a rival and I’d have liked another CM reinforcement but overall a brilliant mercato - 9.5

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I gave it a 10 because of Ronaldo. What we did there was incredible and unbelievable. We managed to sign the best player in the world. Did we ever do that before?

I don't even care about other transfers tbh.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
10/10

We signed one of the best players of all time and didn’t sell any starters (other than Higuain) Astonishing mercato. We’ve come a long way.

My fav part of the mercato was when we signed Bonucci and Cronios blamed the loss against Real Madrid on him - even though he was on a different continent. No one comes close to Cronios tier shitposting like that.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Bonucci was a shrewd signing. Something you'd only see from a top tier mgmt.

Was already proven with us (as much as being top-5 CB in the world), ideal partner for Chiellini (forms ideal sweeper-stopper partnership), has ability on the ball that we missed and need, is an improvement in defense from last season (hard to do that these days).

He'll never be forgiven for celebrating in front of the same curva he sat and sang with wearing another club's shirt, but he can be a pawn on our road to CL glory.

- - - Updated - - -

Only showed in two games and reminded everyone just how important he was/is. Having Ronaldo makes him even more important.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Bonucci was a shrewd signing. Something you'd only see from a top tier mgmt.

Was already proven with us (as much as being top-5 CB in the world), ideal partner for Chiellini (forms ideal sweeper-stopper partnership), has ability on the ball that we missed and need, is an improvement in defense from last season (hard to do that these days).

He'll never be forgiven for celebrating in front of the same curva he sat and sang with wearing another club's shirt, but he can be a pawn on our road to CL glory.

- - - Updated - - -

Only showed in two games and reminded everyone just how important he was/is. Having Ronaldo makes him even more important.

Missed this. Bonucci covering, what he does best, and Chiellini doing his thing.

Wittl

Contributor
Feb 21, 2017
The only criticism I have of this mercato was our inability to sign a top midfielder. We should have gone for a talented youngster like Ndombele once it became obvious that SMS was not happening.
Is Ndombele better than Bentancur?

@Orgut?

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
given the funds spent and assets sacrificed, this should feel like the year we're CL favorites, but not sure I feel that way. I liked Perin, Ronaldo signings a lot hence giving it a good grade, but for a great or perfect score I feel that we needed better signings at RB and CM, our 2 big priorities before the summer started.

evidently, a lot depends on Can I simply don't know enough about, if he turns out to be an ace, giving this mercato a 7 is foolish.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Is Ndombele better than Bentancur?

@Orgut?
I have yet to watch Ndombele play so I cant really answer this question
Bentancur is talented and has more experience so I doubt it but I honestly cant really answer this question before watching this guy play

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
6/10 shitcato

bought some uber expensive has-been
sold talent
no vision, no strategy, everything thrown to win next year CL but you can't plan a CL win because luck is a major factor. You must have long term vision of preserving and growing talent

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Roma is not growing much as they always sell. A good example would be Real Madrid, this summer they bought 5 valuable long term assets in Vinicius, Odriozola, Mariano, Lunin and Courtois. Don't think I can recall Real Madrid ever doing deals like 2016 summer Higuain or 2018 summer Ronaldo and Bonucci, they always go for the long term

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)