Rate our winter mercato (1 Viewer)

vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Boksic

May 11, 2005
8 for me

Positives:
- Vlahovic who is a fantastic player who can develop even more.
- Zakaria is a low risk signing with potential to be a really good player.
- Shifted players who weren't performing.

Negatives:
- I don't think we will have got much for Ramsey and expect him to return in the summer. It is a missed opportunity to sell him.
- I think Kulu will be back too in 18 months having flopped once again, making him even less sellable.
- Vlahovic and Gatti slightly too expensive, Bentancur slightly too low.
- Rabiot and Arthur still here.
- Maybe a bit light in CM now given Zakaria's injury history and in the wings, although I think we might avoid playing wingers now.

But overall a really good window and definitely brought back some excitement to the club, which we badly needed.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Easily 10/10 or 11/10, whatever. We went from expensive bums like Icunti/Milik/Martial to target #1 in January, taken by a club that hates selling to us. Vlahovic looks like exactly what we needed, the guy is a tank but moves so well. He's a complete forward in the making, hopefully he gets enough service to remain the hitman that he is.

Sale of Kulu is also massive to me. I know it's a loan + option/obligation but Spurs paid 10m to have him, this is a pretty big chunk, so hopefully they redeem him.

Selling Benta for Zakaria I also consider a plus, mostly because of plusvalenza and Allegri's wish to have the latter. Most probably we wouldn't have sold Kulu without Benta.

Getting rid of Ramsey in any from is a big plus. Hopefully he can put himself on map again and someone takes him for good. Staying frozen out would make no good for anyone.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
8 for me

Positives:
- Vlahovic who is a fantastic player who can develop even more.
- Zakaria is a low risk signing with potential to be a really good player.
- Shifted players who weren't performing.

Negatives:
- I don't think we will have got much for Ramsey and expect him to return in the summer. It is a missed opportunity to sell him.
- I think Kulu will be back too in 18 months having flopped once again, making him even less sellable.
- Rabiot and Arthur still here.
- Maybe a bit light in CM now given Zakaria's injury history and in the wings, although I think we might avoid playing wingers now.

But overall a really good window and definitely brought back some excitement to the club, which we badly needed.
I disagree with most of the negatives
Given that Ramsey was refusing every offer that came his way, it’s a minor miracle he’s going away on loan.
Arthur staying isn’t a negative. He is much better than Bentancur, Rabiot or Ramsey.
For Vlahovic, we paid a premium, but this is a player who could stay here for a decade.
Bentancur’s price is low, but I’m sure we jacked up Kulusevski’s price to ensure that Boca Juniors would get a lower sell-on fee for Bentancur. My only concern is that Spurs don’t qualify for the CL and Kulu comes back.
Agree about Rabiot though. Can’t stand the guy.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
Flashback to Summer Mercato 2018
https://www.juventuz.com/threads/rate-summer-mercato.43717/
JJ signed CR7, tuz muppets rating 8-10 across the board

One reasonable voice rating 6/10, eating buckets of shit for it.

Fast Forward to 2022
Reasonable voice ended up being right, rinse and repeat, tuz muppets haven't learned a thing.

Buying a fancy striker should NEVER happen until other team parts are polished to fancy levels first. What JJ did was living in the Bronx and buying a Porsche before moving out of the Bronx. Absolute hoodrich mercato but I still give some cred for taking out some trash.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
I disagree with most of the negatives
Given that Ramsey was refusing every offer that came his way, it’s a minor miracle he’s going away on loan.
Arthur staying isn’t a negative. He is much better than Bentancur, Rabiot or Ramsey.
For Vlahovic, we paid a premium, but this is a player who could stay here for a decade.
Bentancur’s price is low, but I’m sure we jacked up Kulusevski’s price to ensure that Boca Juniors would get a lower sell-on fee for Bentancur. My only concern is that Spurs don’t qualify for the CL and Kulu comes back.
Agree about Rabiot though. Can’t stand the guy.
Fair enough. I still rated it 8 out of 10, the negatives are minor points that if we solved would have been perfect (10/10).

The terms of the Ramsey loan will determine how good a deal it is. The fact he will come back in 6 months is a negative for me. Still great to get rid though.
Not convinced on Arthur at all, certainly wouldn't rate him much higher than the rest. Plus he is on like 5 times Bentancur's salary as a backup and costs us a huge amount in amortisation.
Agreed on Vlahovic but there is no getting away that is huge price. I'd happily still do the deal though (again just a minor negative).
We may have lowered Bentancur's price and increased Kulu's but I don't think they'll sign him.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Some valid points there, especially on the loanees returning.

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013
9.5, slight overpay on Vlahovic but I understand the reasoning and making it in 3 payments removes some of the sting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)