Ranierri will coach juve? (1 Viewer)

Sep 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Egyptian_Juventino ] ++
i dont like this man,he just bougt all players in the world and still 2nd in the epl + has a chance of 90% tht monaco will qualify instead of them,they (chelsea) will not win any trophy with all these players.

i want Deschamps,a real coach.
dumb post

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Gandalf ] ++
his contract with ends this season, right?

even if it doesn't.. abramovic will bring a new coach..
I'm not sure when his contract ends, but it's certain he'll leave Chelsea at the end of the season.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Deschamps, a coach who is in a 2nd tier league compared to the EPL or Serie A, who got hold of a team that is loaded with players to succeed for this year only, and who is under a lot less pressure than either Ranieri or Prandelli, is Juve material??

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Andre 3000 ] ++
Deschamps, a coach who is in a 2nd tier league compared to the EPL or Serie A, who got hold of a team that is loaded with players to succeed for this year only, and who is under a lot less pressure than either Ranieri or Prandelli, is Juve material??
I suppose that all those things are true to some extent, but the fact that he has taken that team so far in the Champion's League while challenging for the league title suggests that he is a good coach...

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Ian ] ++

I suppose that all those things are true to some extent, but the fact that he has taken that team so far in the Champion's League while challenging for the league title suggests that he is a good coach...
When not much is expected of you, then its safe to say that anything you do above and beyond those minimal expectations is an added bonus, which is why I prefer Prandelli. The Parmalat scandal, and losing your best player in mid-term (Adriano), and yet they STILL can qualify for a CL spot is nothing short of amazing. I would prefer someone like him who can stand up in the face of adversity and still exude class. Not a knock on Deschamps, however I can't really think of anything close in terms of what Prandelli has had to go through has actually been expreienced by Dider himself.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
++ [ originally posted by blackmint ] ++
dont diss ranieri- he has brought out so much in the players, i think he could coach juve.
I wouldn't gag at Ranieri. However, I think bringing out the best of his players hasn't been one of his strong suits -- especially when you compare his performance with the hand that coaches like DD and Prandelli were dealt and yet have succeeded.

Of course, to Ranieri's credit, Chelsea has been assembled with a huge influx of big-name stars, which is pretty much the Inter formula -- and we know where that has gotten them over the years. Teams aren't made from mass acquisitions of players with big paychecks.

But I don't think he's been able to assemble the kind of winning mentality that teams like Parma and Monaco have been able to attain despite their squad shortcomings.

Jul 12, 2002
When not much is expected of you, then its safe to say that anything you do above and beyond those minimal expectations is an added bonus, which is why I prefer Prandelli. The Parmalat scandal, and losing your best player in mid-term (Adriano), and yet they STILL can qualify for a CL spot is nothing short of amazing. I would prefer someone like him who can stand up in the face of adversity and still exude class. Not a knock on Deschamps, however I can't really think of anything close in terms of what Prandelli has had to go through has actually been expreienced by Dider himself.
True, Prandelli is much more proven than Deschamps, but that doesn't mena that Didier isn't just as good or better.

Sep 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Ian ] ++

True, Prandelli is much more proven than Deschamps, but that doesn't mena that Didier isn't just as good or better.
whats good about dd is that he was a true leader on the field, a messenger from a coach. and he still has those qualities and players can identify themselves with manager. dunno, i just loads of respect for didier. but i think he can still wait. i'd take prandelli now.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I would take Didier once all of the old guard on the team has retired. My opinion, wrong as it may be, is that these guys may look at DD more as a friend than a tactician, and I get the feeling that some might try to walk all over him for their own agendas.

I'm not saying that Descahmps isn't a good coach, but because he is still fresh in the minds of supporters as a player, then expectations for him might be slightly higher than normal.

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
Ranierri would be great! He can fix up defenses (Chelsea had the best def. in the CL) and thats what we need! He would also buy good players and I think he would be successful in Turin!

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by A_LAcki ] ++
Ranierri would be great! He can fix up defenses (Chelsea had the best def. in the CL) and thats what we need! He would also buy good players and I think he would be successful in Turin!
Well, Chelsea also had some really good young defenders as well as Desailly...

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by JUVESUPPORTER ] ++
Ranierri is an awful tactian.
And he subs damien Duff!!!!!!
:LOL: apparently ranieri's mother or grandmother or something really likes Duff, and whenever he doesn't have him in the starting lineup, she says "Why didn't you field Damien?" :rofl:

Len

Feb 13, 2004
I think its very unlikely for Ranieri to coach Juve next season...
Prandelli the most likely IMO...

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
ranieri is okay, but not the man i want to see on juves bench next season. he has so much pressure at chelsea with the amount of cash roman bought to the club, however, i dont likethe style of football he plays.

i prefer Prandelli, but Ranieri also has more experience so i believe that should be taken into account.

i just wish deschamps would be signed as coach already:D

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by JUVESUPPORTER ] ++
Ranierri is an awful tactian.
And he subs damien Duff!!!!!!
He subs Duff because Duff needs to be subbed. He's a fine player, but his recurrent injuries mean that he is rarely good to go for a whole 90 minutes.

Markko

May 29, 2003
The only problem is that Juve was not loaded to succeed this year at all. And does not seem to succeed in the following season if something is not changed.

Lyon played in CL quarter-final. Monaco plays in semi-final. Probably in the CL final. Marseille in UEFA cup semifinal. How many Italian clubs in both semifinals? None.
How many Spanish? Still three. Two English.
What about Porto? Another 2nd tier league?

Gennerally, what do you think of Porto's coach Mourinho? I dont' think he is a coach for Juve at all. But i think he's a really good coach.
UEFA cup, national champion twice, CL semi-final...

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Marko ] ++

Gennerally, what do you think of Porto's coach Mourinho? I dont' think he is a coach for Juve at all. But i think he's a really good coach.
UEFA cup, national champion twice, CL semi-final...
well, I think he's a good coach.. he reads the matches very well and seems fine in preparing the players for big matches.. personally.. I like him..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)