Rampulla on as coach (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigIzz

Jul 12, 2002
No suprise here but still good news...

Rampulla nets Juve role Tuesday 30 July, 2002

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Veteran Juventus goalkeeper Michelangelo Rampulla has been appointed as the new youth team goalkeeping Coach.

The 40-year-old has retired from playing after spending the last 10 years at the Delle Alpi Stadium.

"It is a sad day but everything has a beginning and an end," he told the Juve website. "But I have no regrets about what I’ve achieved in my career."

Rampulla joined Juventus in 1992 from Cremonese, a season after he became the first goalkeeper to score a Serie A goal.

Over the last decade the Patti-born shot-stopper made 49 League appearances as he provided excellent back-up to firstly Angelo Peruzzi and then Edwin Van Der Sar and Gigi Buffon.

Over the past couple of seasons he was relegated to third choice after the signing of Fabian Carini – who has now left for Arsenal.

On his new role, Rampulla joked: "I’m already used to working with youngsters after training with Buffon and Carini over recent seasons.

"This is a great chance for me to turn back the clock to the start of my career."

Juventus’ new reserve ‘keeper is Antonio Chimenti from Lecce. The former Roma man arrived this summer on a free transfer.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by malayou ] ++
Did Rampulla was the scorer when he headed the ball into net against an opponent sometimes 10 years ago ... ?.
If I interpret you rightly, yes. Rampulla scored a goal on a header from a corner kick some years ago.

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by laresca ] ++
Better than having a 75-yr old coach who's last league game was 30 years go.

Rampulla will know a lot more about a player's experience than, say- Capello, or Trap.
I guess so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)