Ramadan Kareem!! (15 Viewers)

Aug 1, 2003
++ [ originally posted by snoop ] ++
I heard from Tv once that amuslima are free to wear hijab or not if she doesn't want to.is it right?and if she doesn't want to wear does it consider a sin?
I have another question.is it alowed for muslim males and females to change their religion?is that a sin too if he/she does?and last question.what islam think about other religions.i mean if christians or jews or budhas etc.. will go to heaven or hell. :)
1. it is considered a sin because wearing the hijab is a direct order from God. and personally, regardless of me being a Muslim, I honestly think wearing it makes sense.

2. You mean murtad or not become a muslim anymore? yes it's a sin

3. If I'm not mistaken in the Quran it already states that Muslims are supposed to respect people of other religion etc, besides Islam, Christianity and Jews are mostly inter-related. Regarding of them going to hell or heaven, Muslims are promised heaven eventually, but ultimately it is up to God to decide, no? :)

Buy on AliExpress.com

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Sally I'm just curious to know; in what way does it make sense to wear it if you're not a Muslim?

do Muslims know whether they're going to heaven or hell before they die?

OP
Asma

Asma

Doctor Asma
Oct 21, 2003
  • Thread Starter #403
    I heard from Tv once that amuslima are free to wear hijab or not if she doesn't want to.is it right?and if she doesn't want to wear does it consider a sin?
    I have another question.is it alowed for muslim males and females to change their religion?is that a sin too if he/she does?and last question.what islam think about other religions.i mean if christians or jews or budhas etc.. will go to heaven or hell. :)
    its a sin,offcourse and that lady will burn in hell..shez gonna be held from her feet,like upside down,and god is gonna dip her in hell in a way that her hair is the first thing thats gonna burn in her..

OP
    Asma

Asma

Doctor Asma
    Oct 21, 2003
  • Thread Starter #404
    ++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
    Sally I'm just curious to know; in what way does it make sense to wear it if you're not a Muslim?

nah,we dont know..all we gotta do is pray and worship god and do good deeds..and then its all recorded in the "sejel alaamal" which means,in a record and then its all up to god whether we go to hell or heaven .. :)

Aug 1, 2003

well Gray, in what way do you think it doesn't make sense? :) No they don't know. Nobody knows. Hell exists, but in the Koran it is mentioned as a reminder for all of us basically to do good or else we'll be punished. Ultimately it's up to God because it is God who knows us best and knows our real intentions therefore he can judge us best. In Islam God is known as Most Just but also Most Merciful, so basically, we wouldn't know.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by sehnsucht79 ] ++
    well Gray, in what way do you think it doesn't make sense? :)
    I didn't say it doesn't make sense ;)

I was just asking how it 'makes sense' in a non-religious context :)

Aug 1, 2003
    It's kinda hard to explain. I just think by exposing too much of oneself that it could lead to many bad things. Like alcohol. Sure not everyone's a drunk, but when you are, it could lead to many things, such as abuse of wife, and creation of serial killers whom all had a bad childhood due to a drunk father or something. the source traces back to the drink.

Okay you know what, I'll just elaborate more on the hijab thing tomorrow. Don't know what I'm mumbling about alcohol :D I'm really sleepy....

ps - what IS your view on wearing the hijab? I find it fascinating how people tend to forget that even westerners once covered up very much until the so called 'sexual revolution'

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    I 'sort of' answered the question to the best of my ability, and since I don't really have a strong viewpoint on it, I don't really know what else I can say :down: I'm not against covering ones body, in fact Christianity holds humility and modesty in high regard too, but that's pretty much where my opinion ends unfortunately

bahraini

May 20, 2003
    far out man, where have you been? And how's married life treating you? :D Have you killed your boss yet?
    hi mate

yeah i know, veeeeeeery long time, actually i was passing hard phase
    and jad no mood for anything, i always pass to read whats new
    but nothing more

about married, well, i will say anything :D
    but im expecting a baby on decmber

my boss , hmmmmmm, still looking for someone to do it for me
    but lately he stopped bugging me
    i hope so:D

what about u man, hope life is treating u better than me

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    I'm doing alright man, much the same as before :) Great to hear about the baby. Be sure to post pics :D

Well I'm glad you're not in jail but sorry to hear that you haven't been too good :down:

nedved34

Oct 3, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by MISS DUBAI ] ++
    its a sin,offcourse and that lady will burn in hell..shez gonna be held from her feet,like upside down,and god is gonna dip her in hell in a way that her hair is the first thing thats gonna burn in her..
    :scared: :D
    btw i don't know on which one u talkin about.hijab?or changing religion?

to Gray: in our religion is it allowed to use alcohol?:confused: i know somewhere God talks about it as a bad habit.but is it alowed?

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    to Gray: in our religion is it allowed to use alcohol?:confused: i know somewhere God talks about it as a bad habit.but is it alowed?
    The drinking of alcohol is permitted; even Jesus drank wine with his meals, and Paul says to Timothy to not just drink water, but to drink a little wine for his stomach.

"Nothing outside a man can make him 'unclean' by going into him. Rather, it is what comes out of a man that makes him 'unclean'."

-Mark 7:14
    Jesus never got drunk though, and the thing with drinking alcohol is that it leads to a lack of self-control, which is one of the fruits of the spirit:

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. Against such things there is no law."

-Galatians 5:22-23
    Sorry if I've gone off on a tangent, I'm just trying to be comprehensive with this, because a lot of people have the wrong idea ;)

Basically the final word is:

"Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery. Instead, be filled with the Spirit."

-Ephesians 5:18

nedved34

Oct 3, 2002

The drinking of alcohol is permitted; even Jesus drank wine with his meals, and Paul says to Timothy to not just drink water, but to drink a little wine for his stomach.

Jesus never got drunk though, and the thing with drinking alcohol is that it leads to a lack of self-control, which is one of the fruits of the spirit:

Sorry if I've gone off on a tangent, I'm just trying to be comprehensive with this, because a lot of people have the wrong idea ;)

Basically the final word is:
    tnx Gray. I knew it I just wanted to be sure ;)

Febrina

Jul 17, 2002
    I dunno how to explain it but there are some basic things about Islam.
    In our religion, we believe in Allah SWT. There's no god but Allah.
    Allah is the one and only. Allah is not a man, not a woman.
    Allah has no son or daughter and Allah has no parents/ancestors.
    Allah who creates all the things on earth, the solar system, heaven and hell.
    As muslim we must obey what Allah ordered us and leave what Allah forbid us.
    In Islam, we forbid to say/doing bad to our parents (especially to our mother), abuse the orphans and the poor ppl, have sex before married, drink alcohols, eat pork and dead animals (exept seafish)+some other animals (like reptiles and amphibi), killing, stealing, gambling etc.
    Allah promises us the haven if we're doing good in our lives and obey what Allah has ordered us. Onthe other hand, Allah will give us the biggest disaster called hell, if we're doing bad in our lives and disobey what Allah has ordered us.
    But Allah SWT is merciful, the only god to ask forgiveness.
    Allah gave the last prophet, Rasullullah Muhammad SAW. the holy Qur'an, muuslim's way of life, where we can see the signs of Allah the Great in it.
    That life is too short for us, so we're trying our best to be a better human being in Islam way. :)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Febrina ] ++
    But Allah SWT is merciful, the only god to ask forgiveness.
    Thanks for the outline of Islam Febrina, but could you please explain this point for me further? Thanks ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)