Radu Dragusin (3 Viewers)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Gasbarroni was actually a considerable talent back then, he could have had 50+ Italy caps on potential but he ended up being a typical flimsy ex-talent. He had a touch of Del Piero about him.

Chiumiento, Lanzafame etc never had his talent. Not even Giovinco, imo. He's just too lightweight. It's not just about height, but midget players have to have great balance and strong centre of gravity.

I suppose Immobile and Spinazzola are starring in Serie A, just not for us.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Gasbarroni was actually a considerable talent back then, he could have had 50+ Italy caps on potential but he ended up being a typical flimsy ex-talent. He had a touch of Del Piero about him.

Chiumiento, Lanzafame etc never had his talent. Not even Giovinco, imo. He's just too lightweight. It's not just about height, but midget players have to have great balance and strong centre of gravity.

I suppose Immobile and Spinazzola are starring in Serie A, just not for us.
unpopular opinion: giovinco was class material, he just never had the mental strength. physically he could have been as strong as insigne or sensi, he just never was dedicated enough to put in the effort, and probably blamed mother nature and his genetics for the failure of his juve career. he had a magical shot and pretty good speed too, nothing short of exceptional in both regards.

agreed on gasbarroni. he should have also used the team psychologist early in his career.

spurdo

Jun 4, 2016
unpopular opinion: giovinco was class material, he just never had the mental strength. physically he could have been as strong as insigne or sensi, he just never was dedicated enough to put in the effort, and probably blamed mother nature and his genetics for the failure of his juve career. he had a magical shot and pretty good speed too, nothing short of exceptional in both regards.
How is this an unpopular opinion? Think everyone agrees that Giovinco had a lot of natural talent, but just couldn't perform consistently at the highest levels. He's been amazing everywhere else but Juve, and his first season with us wasn't that bad either.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I agree that he was a good talent but just a weakling. I think many short players have that squat build with leg and core strength, but he never had it.

Maybe he could have played at Parma forever and been a legend like Di Natale, but football is like that. He did well at Toronto and seems happy.

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011

agreed on gasbarroni. he should have also used the team psychologist early in his career.
Maybe. On the one hand, I think even if I was talented and received help I don't think I would have what it takes to make on that level. Some just don't have it. On the other hand, you may be right. For some, that is just what they need. Like Leggrotaigle or however he is spelled, Bonucci, etc. Everyone at that level needs help obviously but for different purposes and reasons. Bonucci would, however, not be here today unless Conte came along and went with three CBs. So I will now ramble and rant on a bit, sorry in advance.

Nevertheless, given how much talent we have had over the decades it is a shame nothing ever really came out of it for us. The Gasperini era did look very exciting. Some made it through by chance. I remember when Chiellini was coming through and I didn't really think anything would come out of it. He looked a bit clumsy. Then calciopoli came and gave him a chance or a regular basis, as with Marchisio. Circumstances have more or less forced Pirlo to hand out time to Frabotta and I think if we gave more time to others we would see a lot more youngsters coming through over time. This year our squad is extremely thin yet we face covid and hectic schedules so I expect to see a lot of youngsters on the bench. These circumstances will force Pirlo's hand and give them chances, which is problematic short-term but will be in our advantage long-term. They will get valuable experience and either showcase their potential for remaining within our interest or by given time on the highest level be valued higher so we could sell them with a higher profit. I don't really understand why fielding one youngster from start every now and then is regarded as forfeiting the game. Fielding someone like Gasbarroni would potentially destroy his career if he wasn't ready and all of that. But we wouldn't loose a game simply because of that, but a coach needs a game plan or ideas for substituting youngsters in advance and prepare them for such circumstances.

Sorry for going OT. My point was only, to relate to the topic, that Dragusin is given time, along with other young players that feel prepared for a chance and deemed ready. And that "deemed" should be made with less "italian" mentality and more, I don't know, something else where you're not a teenager until you're 26. Paratici often speaks of being reactive and proactive on the transfer market. We need to do the same internally and create circumstances that allows youngsters to test their wings in a context they feel comfortable in. Hence, don't put in Dragusin if we need a RWB or RB because that's where CBs are often given the chance. Field him against lesser opponents that perhaps play with a strong striker rather than a quick one and play him as CB.

Again... sorry... forza Juve and hope you can make it through, Dragusin!

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
It's true that for many young players the breakthrough is about being in the right place at the right time. Some have to take the long way around to make it to the top but they tend to be the ones with the strongest mentality. I don’t think Giovinco ever had that, and maybe that was his biggest weakness rather than his size.

Shit, thought this was U23 thread...

Anyway, Dragusin does look a beast but experience has taught me to be wary about physical players at this level.

rainhard

May 5, 2004
Lets go more with Jadon Sancho mentality

He join Dortmund in 2017, get 12 games in Bundesliga his first season age 17 (17/18)
Get 34 games in second season age 18 (18/19)
Get 32 games in third season age 19
(19/20)

And currently already on the bring of one the most valued player of the world

Sent from my RMX1921 using Tapatalk

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Started for Romania u21. I missed it, but evidently looked good

- - - Updated - - -

Edit: found a replay, for anyone that cares.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)