Radu Dragusin (3 Viewers)

Jun 16, 2020
he already has double value of cambiaso even though we paid extra 5 million and dragusin for cambiaso. i am sure there was a normal way to acquire him like normal clubs do.
Cambiaso was already starting at Genoa while Dragusin was competing for a place in the starting eleven at Sampdoria and Salernitana. I don’t think that Dragusin was worth more, neither do I think it was a bad deal by any means for us. Genoa got Portanova from us who had the rape case afterwards.

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013
I'm going to be honest with you. I think this is going to be the most recent one that got away.

He's tall, he's filling out nicely, and his regular starting time at Genoa has helped immensely on things he struggled with. His positioning for example has been WAY better this year.

Dude is getting sold to the EPL for +40m this summer.

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
I'm going to be honest with you. I think this is going to be the most recent one that got away.

He's tall, he's filling out nicely, and his regular starting time at Genoa has helped immensely on things he struggled with. His positioning for example has been WAY better this year.

Dude is getting sold to the EPL for +40m this summer.
He did it with Genoa. We could have defense settled.
But This growth wont happen if he still with us.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
That is what normal clubs do. Do we look normal to you? We have a killer clown as our coach.
It's what some clubs do. It's something that seems like a great idea but the buying club isn't going to want that buyback clause in, so it could break many deals. You could say that we could sell them all somewhere else but deals hinge on a few things. We don't have an absolutely dominant position in the market and league like Real Madrid do for example.

I can't say that I ever thought he'd be a really top level defender, and he still might not be, but there's something to be said for getting lots of proper game time for players and especially defenders at a young age. And also, who knows what would have happened to this guy if we didn't have U23 for his early development. He'd have instead gone on a couple of loans and might be scrapping in B right now rather than making a big move. We're seeing now with several players how this is a springboard to pro football.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
Whining about Dragusin when Cambiaso fills a much bigger hole in our lineup.

but I’d like to pat myself on the back, saw the vision when he was with u23 hehe.
The problem is we are so short sighted. Look at Bayern, they put 50 % on next sale clause on Zikrzee, we secured additional 1.8m on Dragusin perfomances...

Jun 16, 2020
The problem is we are so short sighted. Look at Bayern, they put 50 % on next sale clause on Zikrzee, we secured additional 1.8m on Dragusin perfomances...
With so many youth going in- and out sooner or later we’ll face situations like these where the management might’ve undervalued a player. I saw a lot of Dragusin at U19, he’s from the same generation as Ranocchia and Fagioli. There he already was quite imposing.

Here on this specific transfers we shouldn’t forget that it was a swap deal with Cambiaso. In an ideal scenario we maybe swapped another player, or hade some resale %, but it’s not like we’re left with empty hands. In fact Cambiaso in the current team is more of value to us than Dragusin would’ve been.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)