R.I.P. Todd and Timmy (6 Viewers)

OP
ßöмßäяðîëя
Apr 12, 2004
  • Thread Starter #164
    i actually was serious. countries i learned about from football include. lithuania, slovakia, cyprus, san marino, monaco, faroe islands, kuala lampur, andorra, malta, moldova, albania, belarus. and there are others i just cant think of right now. i had never heard of any of these otherwise.
    Ohh God, it's obvious you are American.
    honestly who says african americans? they are blacks.
    Not necesarily..
    Actually, I've found its a relative thing. Some folks want to be called black. While others want to be called African-Americans.
    Thanks...
    What level is your education?
    i am a junior in high school and i dont understand why not hearing of these countries is so suprising they are small and have nothing to do with my life and are very far away
    Well, enough said...

So is Kuwait...I bet you know where that is...

Oct 3, 2004
    i actually was serious. countries i learned about from football include. lithuania, slovakia, cyprus, san marino, monaco, faroe islands, kuala lampur, andorra, malta, moldova, albania, belarus. and there are others i just cant think of right now. i had never heard of any of these otherwise.
    :howler:

Post of the month! lol

Marc

Softcore Juventino
    Jul 14, 2006
    :disagree:

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    i am a junior in high school and i dont understand why not hearing of these countries is so suprising they are small and have nothing to do with my life and are very far away
    Oh ok, I understand. Geography will be something you study more of in university should you wish to attend.

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    It depends on what you do. If you do business and never leave your town than geography probably means fuck all. If you are part of the ever growing global market place, then knowing where places are may be useful.

Turdhead

Chickenegro no funny
    Jan 14, 2005
    It depends on what you do. If you do business and never leave your town than geography probably means fuck all. If you are part of the ever growing global market place, then knowing where places are may be useful.
    What if you work for a design agency who work with media corporations with more money than sense that come to you and say 'I want this.....' and you say 'Hmm let me think about that..' and they call back a week later and you say 'Still thinking about that..' and a month down the line you say 'Ok here is that' and they say 'Brilliant! I've sent a gazillion to finance. I'm glad I hired this studio' and you say 'Anytime'. Do you need a map for that?

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    What if you work for a design agency who work with media corporations with more money than sense that come to you and say 'I want this.....' and you say 'Hmm let me think about that..' and they call back a week later and you say 'Still thinking about that..' and a month down the line you say 'Ok here is that' and they say 'Brilliant! I've sent a gazillion to finance. I'm glad I hired this studio' and you say 'Anytime'. Do you need a map for that?
    Obviously not. Like I said, it depends on what you do. Sometimes geography comes in handy, sometimes not. Unless you are Andy, then you memorize national capitals so you can pick up girls.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
    ßömßäяdîëя;1462949 said:
    It's like he is bragging....but he is a fucking retard.
    im not bragging. i might be a retard. but out of curiosity why should i have heard of any of these countries?

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    Geography is useless unless you are Christoper Colombus.
    I disagree. It has the same function history does. Knowing something about geography enables you to put things into perspective and allows you to nuance things. It gives you a sense of knowing where you are, which is not without importance to me.

You see, you don't think geography matters and you think the world evolves around you. See the pattern?

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    I disagree. It has the same function history does. Knowing something about geography enables you to put things into perspective and allows you to nuance things. It gives you a sense of knowing where you are, which is not without importance to me.

You see, you don't think geography matters and you think the world evolves around you. See the pattern?
    Speaking of geography, I can't believe I was reading a story in today's issue of La Repubblica this morning about the tunnel that collapsed in August as part of Milan's canal system -- and hence being a rallying cry for the billions of Euros they now want to now spend on revitalizing Milan's canals. And I'm reading this article while waiting for a flight to Torino in terminal 2D of Paris' Charles de Gaulle international airport -- not far from the 30x50 meter section of the roof that collapsed and killed five people in 2004.

And all I could think of was Seven's post on the collapse of the Minneapolis bridge this summer, saying, "That would never happen in Western Europe."

History really does repeat itself I suppose. :confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)