Quitting smoking (64 Viewers)

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Well Rab, i do admit i started smoking to fit in with a group of friends back in 12th grade. But then, i was smoking only 1 smoke a day, or sometimes none. It only became constant and a habit after starting to work. Yet i could never smoke a pack a day, and no chain smoking.
I guess everyone who started smoking when they were young, started to impress someone or to fit in with someone. I started smoking with my cousin when we were both 13 years old. We used to go down to my grandma's field to smoke one at that time. When I was 16, I quit for 2 years because of money problems and my asthma was really bad at that time. Now I'm 20 years old, and still smoking about 10-12 cigarettes a day. I admit my work doesn't help at all though. It's stressful as hell.

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
It's very easy for me...
I quit and returned to smoking like 1000 times!
When I decide to quit... I do it immediately and without any problems!

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Mine varies between none and ~5 a day. These days I generally don't smoke while at work (even though I did today :p). That reduces the number a lot. If I have cigarettes at home I enjoy one after dinner/before going to sleep.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

I enjoy smoking. Especially smoking in a public place. I don't smoke at home, only when I go out for a coffee or out generally.

A night out in the club is just not the same without the smoke. We had 6 months of banned smoking in bars during winter...my God, that was awfull, it's like you can smell every person that's beside you. Which would be good if it were only good looking ladies, but when it gets packed and you have to pass by a hundred drunken, sweaty dudes, it's not so fun. Smoke eliminates that problem, you can't smell anything but....smoke.

Fuck, I know lots of non-smokers who hated that non-smoking period. It's simply not the same. Cigarettes are just as important as alcohol when you hit a night club. They go hand in hand. Those that can't stand smoke should stay home or go to open terraces.

Apr 15, 2006
Smoking is banned in workplaces here. I've never been in a nightclub where people were smoking.
Same here. And it was a stupid move. We had to remove the "smoking zones" in our site. So everyone goes outside the main gate onto the road and smokes. All the people walking by are exposed to the smoke. With the smoking zone, that wouldn't have happened. Dumbass government! :sergio:

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
I enjoy smoking. Especially smoking in a public place. I don't smoke at home, only when I go out for a coffee or out generally.

A night out in the club is just not the same without the smoke. We had 6 months of banned smoking in bars during winter...my God, that was awfull, it's like you can smell every person that's beside you. Which would be good if it were only good looking ladies, but when it gets packed and you have to pass by a hundred drunken, sweaty dudes, it's not so fun. Smoke eliminates that problem, you can't smell anything but....smoke.

Fuck, I know lots of non-smokers who hated that non-smoking period. It's simply not the same. Cigarettes are just as important as alcohol when you hit a night club. They go hand in hand. Those that can't stand smoke should stay home or go to open terraces.
Same here. And that is when you know it's close to impossible for us to quit.

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
Same here. And it was a stupid move. We had to remove the "smoking zones" in our site. So everyone goes outside the main gate onto the road and smokes. All the people walking by are exposed to the smoke. With the smoking zone, that wouldn't have happened. Dumbass government! :sergio:
I think it's great. Pretty much everyone here supports it, including smokers.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
I've never been in a nightclub where people were smoking.
You should really visit Malta then. It's prohibited to smoke inside a public place here, but we still smoke. My friend was fined 500Eur because he was caught lightning one up for the second time in a row inside a nightclub by a policeman.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 62)