Quebec vs Vancouver (1 Viewer)

OP
K10

K10

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #42
    so you do need chem, i never did it, damn. I guess I can do Com Sciene and do the required chem courses then transfer............

OP
    K10

K10

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #44
    That's the thing, I NEVER did Chem :D

So I doubt I will get accepted for engineering. I should for Com Science so as I said, I will do first year chem while doing com science and then transfer to eng.

OP
    K10

K10

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #46
    I did chem for one year :D

But I never did it in a major exam.

Arttk

Jul 30, 2004
    Well, since u will be coming abroad, u will be paying more expensive tuition , so they will try to take you in whatever way possible :)
    characteristics of canadian universities.
    Apply anyway ~ always nice to try to keep as many doors open to you as possible.

OP
    K10

K10

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #48
    I applied already :D

So you think I can do this. Do Computer Science for the first year, do some chem course and then transfer to engineering the following year?

Arttk

Jul 30, 2004
    Well yeah, i have a friend in mech who did the same thing, took com sci, felt it was too boring and then switched to engineering. Once you get in, assuming you get reasonable grades, its not hard at all to switch specialization. Just make sure you find out early what you want to do, sometime its not too good to go into 3rd year and say uhh , this isn't for me ;)

OP
    K10

K10

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #50
    Cool, well I am hoping to do that because I think you do not need chemistry to do Computer Science.

Thanks for your help. Btw, is Mech engineering really hard? Or is it doable?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by K10 ] ++
    Cool, well I am hoping to do that because I think you do not need chemistry to do Computer Science.

Thanks for your help. Btw, is Mech engineering really hard? Or is it doable?
    Easier than chemical engineering, thats for sure. :undecide:

OP
    K10

K10

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #52
    ++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

Easier than chemical engineering, thats for sure. :undecide:
    Is that what u're doing?

Arttk

Jul 30, 2004
    mech in ubc is bloody hard, but they just changed the cirriculum, so i think it might be easier now than before. Chem has a lower worklaod than mech, i think eng phys and electro mech has the highest workload.

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
    I live in Victoria. Beautiful. Eastern Canada is nice, but nothing beats Beautiful British Columbia! And UVic and UBC are two GREAT undergrad unis. U of T is really good too. McGill is more of a grad school to me for some reason. Waterloo is a good choice for engineering. In fact, if I remember my facts right, Waterloo is the best engineering uni in Canada.

I'm in my last year of highschool right now, and planning on going to either UVic or UBC. I might apply to McGill, Toronto and Waterloo, but that all has to do with what I get in my Calculus AP exam.....yeah eastern canadian highschools are more advanced than western canadian.

I have no idea what I wanna do yet. Thinking of just getting a degree and then trying my luck on medschool...

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    I've never felt this old in the forums before... people are just entering/thinking about college and i've already finished 4 years of it! :stress:

OP
    K10

K10

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #57
    ++ [ originally posted by PersianMafia ] ++
    I live in Victoria. Beautiful. Eastern Canada is nice, but nothing beats Beautiful British Columbia! And UVic and UBC are two GREAT undergrad unis. U of T is really good too. McGill is more of a grad school to me for some reason. Waterloo is a good choice for engineering. In fact, if I remember my facts right, Waterloo is the best engineering uni in Canada.

I'm in my last year of highschool right now, and planning on going to either UVic or UBC. I might apply to McGill, Toronto and Waterloo, but that all has to do with what I get in my Calculus AP exam.....yeah eastern canadian highschools are more advanced than western canadian.

I have no idea what I wanna do yet. Thinking of just getting a degree and then trying my luck on medschool...
    I know Eastern Canada is much prettier that Western and more European like. That's one reason why I would love it there.

Good luck with your choice. All the universities you mentioned are great.

OP
    K10

K10

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #59
    ++ [ originally posted by Torkel ] ++
    I have a friend that goes to Waterloo. Fun fact. ;)
    Likewise. Bright boy university though. I think.

Max

Jul 15, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by PersianMafia ] ++
    I think I'm gonna do that too. The thing is what are the required marks for med school.

Oh, K10, I generally prefer Montréal because it's exactly like a European city, just like Québec City. The girls are primo. You gotta dig the chicks there man.:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)