QF 1 | Portugal - England (5 Viewers)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++
So can I have your phone number? Just in case I ever go to Sydney? ;):D
I'll definitely give it to you if you're ever in town cutey :flirt:

Bring a fine Dutch lass while you're at it... not those 7ft ones from Amsterdam I've seen pictures of though :scared:

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
++ [ originally posted by AndriesGobert ] ++
Well, personally, I think when it comes down to looks Del Piero and Nedved are the real winners of Euro 2004. :D
True, altho I think Ljungberg s the reall hotte of the tournament :lick:

If I were a girl I'd be all over him!!! Altho I quite like him now too... bah, I dont need to be a chick, 'm going after him! :D

++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++
Besides, if the dude looks good, maybe he has an attractive sister? :D
Yeah, hopefully she wont have his intelligence and Mickey Mouse voice :D

++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++

Speaking of Nedved, I think he looks really good right now. His hair underneath is dark and light on the edges. Looks much better than it did most of the season IMO. I think that shows his long hair look can be successful with a little work.

Btw cannot tell you how much of an urge it is for me to laugh at myself writing the above. :D

Nothing wrong in appriciating a mans looks, or his large biceps, or perfect six-pack abs, or his firm buttocks... mmmmm... oh, my bad :embarass:

River

Jun 15, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Holdon ] ++

LOL, save it for someone who gives a shit!

I remember CLEARLY the reaction by the English media to Italy's elimination in WC 2002, because I was in England at the time. Maybe I'm being a little over-sensitive but I was disgusted and offended by their their silly little creasy wop attitude.

Sorry, but I had to highlight the hypocritical attitude of the press. We couldn't complain about 5 offside goals wrongly ruled offed and the Moreno fiasco, yet it's OK for the English to moan about Meier?!
Maybe you dont quite understand the shit that is the sun newspaper. Stop reading that i advise you.

And is an Italian guy gonna rant to be about hypocritical press? :howler:

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Still..Campbell did foul someone in the box BEFORE Terry's inexistant foul on Ricardo. So there was a foul, but I don't think that's the one they called. Thus in a way you can say England were robbed. Especially since the linesman was already running towards the middle. Italy were denied to complain about 5 disallowed goals, England now should be denied to complain about 1. Nonetheless their complaints are very understandable.

River

Jun 15, 2004
And ill stop with the 'you fockers are wrong about england reactions' bullshit now. I mean you are wrong a great deal, but its like running into an french bar with a st georges flag, it dosent work and it cant result in anything positive :D

Im not offended or something in any way, infact i usually enjoy anti-english things as they are usually funny and totally off the mark.

We're just getting a very hard end of the deal here, thats all. But then again maybe people who live in barbados etc no more about England than someone who lives in London.

;)

MCPIERO

Jul 23, 2002
My lil bro was watchin tv bbc or itv dont know but the england players were talking about their fav musicians. Almost everyone said MJ-Bad was the best:cool: and Lampard said he liked New kids on the block:D Now them boys were bad.

One thing bout Becks theyre saying why his fitness levels were so bad. I think training in Madrid is a light jog around the shopping mall, tan on the beach then finish it off with a photoshoot. 4 real though he started well enough in Spain but I think he should head back to England.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
It's just the tabloids who are so extremely strange and biased. Look at BBC, they actually stood by Italy in the World Cup. I remember several BBC-reporters saying it was very strange how Italy went out and that they really felt for them.

River

Jun 15, 2004
++ [ originally posted by AndriesGobert ] ++
It's just the tabloids who are so extremely strange and biased. Look at BBC, they actually stood by Italy in the World Cup. I remember several BBC-reporters saying it was very strange how Italy went out and that really felt for them.
Exactly.

MCPIERO

Jul 23, 2002
Yeah the bbc team are proper safe. Gary Linekar, Ian Wright, Alan Hansen, Gordon Stracham. And they can crack jokes as well.

They were dicussing the Totti spitting, and Gary goes I had a manager who told me whenever someone spits in your face you should swallow it and not let it get to you:D The Itv are bias bastards. esp' to Italy, Germany, Spain when they played defensive vs Portugal.

Sep 14, 2003
++ [ originally posted by River ] ++

Maybe you dont quite understand the shit that is the sun newspaper. Stop reading that i advise you.

And is an Italian guy gonna rant to be about hypocritical press? :howler:
No need for me to heed your advice, I don't 'read' that crap anyway. In my opinion, the worse offenders are ITV. It's usually bad during Champion League matches (Ron Atkinson for example) but I really blew my lid after Andy Townsend's (2nd rate player, 3rd rate 'pundit') comments after Italy's elimination, even Des Lynam looked a bit shocked.

I know what the media says isn't what your average football fan thinks, my rants are solely aimed at the media and not against the English.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Holdon ] ++
No need for me to heed your advice, I don't 'read' that crap anyway. In my opinion, the worse offenders are ITV. It's usually bad during Champion League matches (Ron Atkinson for example) but I really blew my lid after Andy Townsend's (2nd rate player, 3rd rate 'pundit') comments after Italy's elimination, even Des Lynam looked a bit shocked.
Yeah remember that well, as an italian sympathist (if thats a word) that pissed me off big time. I emailed them a complaint but then i've done that before after several comments i found to be rather racist by the commentators. Not that anything was ever done about it mind. Thats ITV for you. I'm sure you know we're not all such narrow minded tossers as Andy Townsend and co though!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)