QF 1 | Portugal - England (1 Viewer)

River

Jun 15, 2004
Bah whatever. Im sure your in a minority when you claim Del Piero has done anything good at international level. I dont want to bag on a minority :D

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
No, I don't claim Del Piero has done good at international level. Except for his goal against Mexico and his unimportant goal against Sweden in Euro 2004. But I am pretty sure he was going to play a good world cup back then.

And what has Beckham done so greatly on international level?
If you're talking about the qualifiers: Del Piero's always great in them. This time making five goals, the previous time getting Italy to the world cup.

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by River ] ++
You gotta be joking :)

Both players have alot of pressure. Del Piero to finally make his mark on international football.

Beckham as captain. Although the pressure on him now is nothing compared to after the Simone incident. He was a national figure of hatred. He couldnt walk onto a pitch anywhere in England without being booed and even shown red cards by fans.

Difference is Beckham can take it. Del Piero chokes. ;)

And what was that about? :)

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
++ [ originally posted by vitoria_Ally ] ++

And what was that about? :)
He got shown a red card. In the quarterfinals of WC 1998 against Argentina. England lost on penalties. Everyone hated Beckham. Simeone later admitted he dived. Everyone hated Simeone. Everyone loved Beckham again. He was a hero. Dont these short sentances annoy you? Arent they annoying?

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++

He got shown a red card. In the quarterfinals of WC 1998 against Argentina. England lost on penalties. Everyone hated Beckham. Simeone later admitted he dived. Everyone hated Simeone. Everyone loved Beckham again. He was a hero. Dont these short sentances annoy you? Arent they annoying?

Oh right, thanks :)

Nope, not really ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)