Qatar's bid for hosting WC 2022 (6 Viewers)

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Most people rarely think about either of those plights, so I would argue that yes it is hidden.
Why would they think about slaves in Qatar building stadiums, but not those who make the clothes they wear? There's certainly media coverage of both. Maybe the coverage of Qatar is sustained, but still it isn't lack of awareness. So why is it that people don't think about it?

Buy on AliExpress.com

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
Because everywhere you look there's problems. We live in a twisted world and a normal human will lose his mind if he thinks for all the darkness upon which his world is built. So, it's healthier to ignore most of the problems and to concentrate on the ones you can have an effect on.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
icemaη;4961902 said:
Why would they think about slaves in Qatar building stadiums, but not those who make the clothes they wear? There's certainly media coverage of both. Maybe the coverage of Qatar is sustained, but still it isn't lack of awareness. So why is it that people don't think about it?
Cause we ain't all Khaleesi bro.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Because everywhere you look there's problems. We live in a twisted world and a normal human will lose his mind if he thinks for all the darkness upon which his world is built. So, it's healthier to ignore most of the problems and to concentrate on the ones you can have an effect on.
So basically we are only bothered about those things which don't take away from our convenience. Got it. Which is fine btw. Just don't go about screaming human rights yada yada yada is all that I'm asking.

Cause we ain't all Khaleesi bro.
My man boobs are better than hers :stuckup:

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
icemaη;4961910 said:
So basically we are only bothered about those things which don't take away from our convenience. Got it. Which is fine btw. Just don't go about screaming human rights yada yada yada is all that I'm asking.
You can ask me to, but I will not obey. It's a personal choice what to support and how. Yours inconvenience with human rights is as valid as my inconvenience with people not caring.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
For me I never said that my major problem with qatar is slave labor (which I'm against). But the way they got and how after their actions to move WC to winter they kept it. It was bribery and corruption with a big fuck you to everybody. That is my main reason why I'm against it. There are loads of reasons too, but this is the main one for me (the one that gets on my nerves the most).

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
so we all agree, we are fine with slavery as long as it's hidden and and with a low fatality rate?
Of course not. But there is a really obvious difference between that and debt slavery right next door. And especially when that slavery and those fatalities would rise as a direct effect of choosing to organise it there.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
The Kuwaiti guy who was the Sports minister or something for a while, right?

If so, I remember him, he is indeed quite charismatic.
:agree:

He's currently the president of the Olympic Council of Asia. He's got a huge influence in Asia. Many friends in both Africa and South America federations. He's little bit weak in North America and Europe.

But if you can secure both Asia and Africa's votes plus a decent number of South America then there is a great chance he might win it after all.

One of my friends who worked with him for a while remember said to me once that sheikh Ahmad is one of the smartest people that he ever met (and that guy worked in the foreign ministry where he met many states leaders in the world).

I remember he said that the guy self taught himself about international law for about a year to the point that the Japanese foreign minister thought he had a PHD in international law when the two met in Tokyo and he was really surprised that he didn't !

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
so we all agree, we are fine with slavery as long as it's hidden and and with a low fatality rate?
Of course not. But there is a really obvious difference between that and debt slavery right next door. And especially when that slavery and those fatalities would rise as a direct effect of choosing to organise it there.
Like I said earlier, these thing only get brought up when said State/Corporation/Individual doesn't comply to the wishes/expectations of higher powers (other states/corporations/etc), only at that point will they denounce what the others have done.

The entire western civilization has been built on blood, rape, slavery, war and deception. The ones that run things in this day and age, are nothing short of vampires. If anything were to be done to rectify any wrongs, or improve the situation of the people, and it harmed the profits, best believe there will be assasinations, incarcerations, etc.

Nobody in this western civilization is willing to sacrifice squat, to improve the conditions of the others elsewhere, because the suffering of others bear fruits to us, and these fruits are delicious. Almost as delicious as the little boy whose skin has been ravaged by pesticide,insecticide while he harvesting your sweet bananas.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm gonna take it a little further, we truly do strive on the instability of nations that are filthy rich in resources. The french had no problem, closing gates on the rwandese population all the while knowing that mass murderers are on their way to eliminate the locals.

And Iran is a huge threat to world stability because they want to be able to be self-sufficient and don't agree with the western philosophy of doing things.

And Saudi Arabia is a very civil, advanced society which thrives in democracy. :touched:

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
You know which people had the machetes in their hands though? The Rwandese.
Of course!!

There's no denying that! For fuck sakes human beings from all over the world commit atrocities like that.
However what I was criticizing and what was my main point is, if you know someone is coming to kill someone else, why would block the path of the one that is trying to escape such a cruel fate? :lol:

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Of course!!

There's no denying that! For fuck sakes human beings from all over the world commit atrocities like that.
However what I was criticizing and what was my main point is, if you know someone is coming to kill someone else, why would block the path of the one that is trying to escape such a cruel fate? :lol:
And I'm not disagreeing with you. But the reason Qatar is under investigation by everyone is because the World Cup will be held there. I won't be held in Bangladesh, Saudi Arabia, Rwanda or the USA. So our attention goes to Qatar. You can't really defend Qatar just by saying other nations do it too. That's ridiculous.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
And I'm not disagreeing with you. But the reason Qatar is under investigation by everyone is because the World Cup will be held there. I won't be held in Bangladesh, Saudi Arabia, Rwanda or the USA. So our attention goes to Qatar. You can't really defend Qatar just by saying other nations do it too. That's ridiculous.
Qatar is fucked. I'm denouncing it as much as you are, I'm totally against the world cup happening there and what not.

I hope their economy crashes and fails miserably. I feel the same way about the euro, I want the want the euro to crash, the dollar to die. I want mine to rise.

- - - Updated - - -

We all in it for ourselves. I want what's best for mine, and my interests are hindered by yours.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
How's that? Believe me, if there's a global meltdown we are all in this together.
Maaaaaaaaan, there are clear cut strategies that are being implemented to stunt economical growth in certain parts of the world on purpose.

I'll give you an example. The CFA franc which is a currency that is used in ex-french colonies. CFA stands for Colonie Francaise d'Afrique. These are supposedly self-governing nations :lol:
Hold up, let me make this joke even funnier.The CFA franc currency in Ivory Coast can't be used in Cameroon. :lol:
Want to laugh even harder?
There are 14 countries that use that currency :touched:

Yes, we are all in this together. :touched::lol:

- - - Updated - - -

Even the French themselves don't use the Francs!!!!! So why should these fucking half witted morons want to stick with something that the creator has left behind in order to solidify itself with its neighbors.

Well, these half witted morons are sell outs, and want shit for themselves.

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
Massive migrations, wars, failed trade and so on doesn't care about borders. A little change in one country in our global world can mean a massive change in some other place. If the meltdown is big - don't worry, maaaany people will feel it.

I agree about the franc.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
Maaaaaaaaan, there are clear cut strategies that are being implemented to stunt economical growth in certain parts of the world on purpose.

I'll give you an example. The CFA franc which is a currency that is used in ex-french colonies. CFA stands for Colonie Francaise d'Afrique. These are supposedly self-governing nations :lol:
Hold up, let me make this joke even funnier.The CFA franc currency in Ivory Coast can't be used in Cameroon. :lol:
Want to laugh even harder?
There are 14 countries that use that currency :touched:

Yes, we are all in this together. :touched::lol:

- - - Updated - - -

Even the French themselves don't use the Francs!!!!! So why should these fucking half witted morons want to stick with something that the creator has left behind in order to solidify itself with its neighbors.

Well, these half witted morons are sell outs, and want shit for themselves.
What exactly is your point?

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
What exactly is your point?
Go on and eat. :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

Massive migrations, wars, failed trade and so on doesn't care about borders. A little change in one country in our global world can mean a massive change in some other place. If the meltdown is big - don't worry, maaaany people will feel it.

I agree about the franc.
I agree with that.
Africa absolutely needs a common currency. A common currency, would heal the relations amongst African countries, and would promote economical growth in Africa FOR Africa. And that my friend is that small change, that will shake the world IMO.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)