Qatar buying a national team! (2 Viewers)

Juventino

Jul 27, 2002
http://skysports.planetfootball.com/article.asp?id=189440&cpid=22

by Thomas Zeh
Schalke have called for Fifa and Uefa to put a stop to Qatar's attempts at hiring players - after their prospective signing Ailton pledged his future to the Gulf state.
Qatar are looking at building a team capable of qualifying for the World Cup in 2006 and coach Phillipe Troussier has targeted a host of European-based players.

Werder Bremen star Ailton - who is moving to Schalke in the summer - has accepted Qatar's offer, although team-mate Valerien Ismael has shunned them.

However, Borussia Dortmund's Dede and his brother Leandro are considering switching allegiances - along with Bordeaux's Jean-Claude Darcheville, Yann Lachuer of Auxerre, Nantes' Stephane Ziani and Frederic Piquionne of Rennes.

The Qataris are thought to have made further offers across Europe and could end up recruiting a whole new team.

Schalke coach Jupp Heynckes is not happy that Fifa and Uefa are not moving to stop Qatar paying players to play for them.

"I lack any understanding that Fifa and Uefa are not doing anything to stop the fact that any player can put on any shirt he wants. It's only about money," he blasted.

"Things like this wouldn't have been possible in the past. This turns the concept of national teams upside down, stop this nonsense."

Schalke's general manager Rudi Assauer was not too happy with Ailton's decision to play for Qatar.

"He didn't talk about that with us, but I believe it's a question you should discuss with your new employer," said Assauer to WAZ.

--------------------

Qatar has already bought several Kenyans to compete for qatar
in Track and Field. They have payed World Class bulgarian weigh lifters
and now they wanna buy them self a national football team... :fero:

I would be ok with players joining Qatar if they had any connection
to Qatar, but this is just PATHETIC!!!

Buy on AliExpress.com

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
Yeah it is pretty pathetic. You know whats more pathetic? Qatar isnt exactly a poor country. They can build top-class training facilities and encourage people to get into athletics.

****ers

OP
Juventino

Juventino

Jul 27, 2002
  • Thread Starter #7
    ++ [ originally posted by Josh ] ++
    Yeah it is pretty pathetic. You know whats more pathetic? Qatar isnt exactly a poor country. They can build top-class training facilities and encourage people to get into athletics.

****ers
    that's one of the biggest problems... they are a very rich country and there
    neighbours aren't doing bad either... so who knows perhaps this
    starts a whole new thing, small rich contries buying athletes...

I don't get what it's all good for... everyone will know that they put together a team by buying players form other nationalities...

That weighlifter I mentioned earlyer... Bulagarian who became Qatari and named SAID something i think, the guy has been around with Qatar for
    some time now, but still everytime he is on the telli the commentator goe
    like: There we have the Bulgarian representing Qatar these days!!!

And also this is like a slap in the face for all other qatarians that are working their a$$ off trying to make it, representing their country!!!

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Josh ] ++
    I want a passport from the former soviet union :dazed:
    The former Soviet Union isn't around to give you a passport, is it?

The reason most countries aren't doing this is most countries have proper passport regulation, but if you're a kingdom of 200 oil barons, you pretty much set whatever rules you like.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Graham ] ++
    :LOL: for real John?
    I can only reapeat what I've heard, but I think so, yes.Remember, when the USSR collapsed, there were a lot of very hungry, highly skilled people left unemployed.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    i dont think qatar are bastards for doing something like this,actually i think they're rather clever.:D

PS:i'm serious:angel:

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    I dont see anything wrong with it. They have money, so why shouldnt they buy themselves football players if they want? They arent doing anything against the rules and it will probably help football become more popular there.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    You might think differently if your country got knocked out of the World Cup by an assortment of mercenary Brazilians, Argentinians, Frenchmen, etc.

Jan 7, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
    I dont see anything wrong with it. They have money, so why shouldnt they buy themselves football players if they want? They arent doing anything against the rules and it will probably help football become more popular there.
    it is going to start a trend. fifa has to do something about it. as a person from a small not rich country that has lost many great athletes (including world champs in weightlifting) to richer countrys i know that is worng. its purely stupid

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)