PyeongChang 2018 Winter Olympics (4 Viewers)

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
What a final! 3-3 after the 3rd period, for a second there i thought it's Germany's gold but it seems the Russians are back in it!

Extra time for now. :D

Germany really close to one of the like biggest surprises ever... :lol: :tup:

- - - Updated - - -

It's over, 4-3 for Russia after OT!

As anticipated, Russia got the gold, even tho it was really dramatic seeing as Germany were 45seconds away from winning it 3-2, really good final all in all and i think its already a huge achievement for all germans to win a silver medal here, they put up some great showings during this tournament. :tup:

Wittl

Contributor
Feb 21, 2017
What a final! 3-3 after the 3rd period, for a second there i thought it's Germany's gold but it seems the Russians are back in it!

Extra time for now. :D

Germany really close to one of the like biggest surprises ever... :lol: :tup:

- - - Updated - - -

It's over, 4-3 for Russia after OT!

As anticipated, Russia got the gold, even tho it was really dramatic seeing as Germany were 45seconds away from winning it 3-2, really good final all in all and i think its already a huge achievement for all germans to win a silver medal here, they put up some great showings during this tournament. :tup:
I see some parallels to the end of second world war there...

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
I see some parallels to the end of second world war there...
Seriously?Good one! :tup: :lol:

I was joking the exact same thing with a friend the other day that this final somehow resembles the second world war, now after seeing the way it panned out we can say your statement ain't far from the truth either... :shifty: :lol:

Sarcasm aside now, it really was a dramatic final, but nonetheless just a hockey game. :thumbs:

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Kinda upset with Russia winning the hockey gold. At least it doesn’t count towards the country.
why upset? they've a good team and totally deserved it, in recent history they've got 4 gold medals in world championships and several lower medals, but in Olympic games always went home empty handed, I'm happy guys like Datsyuk, Kovalchuk and Znaroks got Olympic gold. of course it could still turn out they're all on doping :lol: but they'll definitely put them through all the checks legally available

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
why upset? they've a good team and totally deserved it, in recent history they've got 4 gold medals in world championships and several lower medals, but in Olympic games always went home empty handed, I'm happy guys like Datsyuk, Kovalchuk and Znaroks got Olympic gold. of course it could still turn out they're all on doping :lol: but they'll definitely put them through all the checks legally available
Kovalchuk is a dick, but I ain't mad at him for making bank. Just wanted Germany to win

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Kovalchuk is a dick, but I ain't mad at him for making bank. Just wanted Germany to win
Everyone but Russians should have been cheering Germany on. Would have been the greatest upset since Miracle on Ice in 1980. Half the Russian team is NHL calibre. Was kind of a joke they were an absolutely boneheaded play by a German on the power play with a minute left away from losing the gold medal.

So many Russians stay in the KHL, or leave the NHL to return early to the KHL. Half of their players would have been on the Russian team even if the NHL released its players. Whereas 0 Canadians and 0 Americans would have been played in this Olympics had the NHL allowed players to go.

Really isn't an impressive Gold Medal win at all, considering the circumstances.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)