PyeongChang 2018 Winter Olympics (5 Viewers)

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
Who else been keeping tabs with mens Hockey during this winter olympics?

After seeing the first quarter-finals today, i must admit that Russia play some really tactically disciplined hockey, probably the best in this tournament so far in terms of organization and reading the game. :tup:

I will even go ahead and say that their style does somehow remind me of Allegri's Juve, in a good way of course, both are very pragmatic in their approach. :lol:

Lapa

FLY, EAGLES FLY
Sep 29, 2008
Who else been keeping tabs with mens Hockey during this winter olympics?

After seeing the first quarter-finals today, i must admit that Russia play some really tactically disciplined hockey, probably the best in this tournament so far in terms of organization and reading the game. :tup:

I will even go ahead and say that their style does somehow remind me of Allegri's Juve, in a good way of course, both are very pragmatic in their approach.
Canada will rape us today and will win the whole thing. Haven't really been following that much since there's no real players.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
Canada will $#@! us today and will win the whole thing. Haven't really been following that much since there's no real players.
Yeah i also only been following a couple of games here and there, so far the tournament did suffer especially without all the NHL stars but imo it usually starts being way more interesting now when it reaches the late stages.

Well, Canada definitely seem as the favorites along with Russia atm but you never know, there's been a lot of comebacks and surprises so far, even Germany seem capable of a surprise aswell but as i said everything is possible and i woudnt count out Finland either yet especially after seeing you guys took bronze in the Women's tournament, so there's clearly a winning mentality in there. :D :tup:

Anyway, gonna be most interesting starting from the semi-finals, only good teams gonna be left and anything could happen, tho i think that if Russia does get to the final i can't see them bottling it from there.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
it's ok.

I can't believe Rene Bourque is one of the best players over there. lol
I believe NHL cucks block good players from participating in olympics and world cups. Their right to do, considering they pay player wages and not the national associations but I wish they found a solution so we could see a meaningful full force international tournament

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
I believe NHL cucks block good players from participating in olympics and world cups. Their right to do, considering they pay player wages and not the national associations but I wish they found a solution so we could see a meaningful full force international tournament
I'd welcome the Jrs at the Olympics.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
ze Germans are in semifinal @DAiDEViL
Good as in those present at this specific olympics tournament of course... :lol:

Semi-Finals should turn out to be interesting tho, Russia vs Czech Rep and Canada vs Germany are decent match-ups. :tup:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Good as in those present at this specific olympics tournament of course... :lol:

Semi-Finals should turn out to be interesting tho, Russia vs Czech Rep and Canada vs Germany are decent match-ups. :tup:
Russia should win quite easily. The KHL decision to allow players to participate in the Olympics means they have the strongest complement of NHL level players by far due to how many good Russian players have not left for the NHL over the last half dozen years.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)