Put Your Money Where Your Mouth Is (1 Viewer)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Right, so we all know that this forum is full of people with different opinions and values, so I've decided to make a place where people can put something on the line to show how confident they are.

e.g. people say things like "There's no way Del Piero's gonna score over 15 goals this season", or "Denmark and Sweden are gonna fix the match".

I'd like to keep it fairly organised, with the official bets being updated in this first post, and the stakes and outcomes clearly explained. It'll have to be something silly like taking over someone's avatar or signature for a set amount of time, since it's probably illegal in some way or anotherto arrange monetary bets in this kind of place... whatever, be creative :)

So the format of your 'challenge' posts should be something along the lines of:

Bet: Ibrahimovic to outscore Del Piero in all competitions of season 04/05
Stake: Winning challengers to my bet have rights change my avatar for 2 weeks (only 1 change of avatar). If there are multiple winning challengers, they take turns at owning my avatar for 2 weeks at a time. Any losing challengers forfeit their avatars for 2 weeks.

okay, maybe it doesn't need to be that official, but at least make it clear what you're willing to put on the table ;)

This doesn't have to be all that serious, I just think it could be a little fun :)

P.S. something like owning someone's nickname or changing their post count/status is not permitted, since the terms of the bet must be settled by a third party (Martin)

--------------------------------------------

Bet originator: fred weasley
Terms: Arsenal will qualify for the semi-finals of the 04/05 UEFA Champions League
Stake: Avatars for one month, as described above
Challengers: gray, Erkka, Alex,

Buy on AliExpress.com

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
Stake: Winning challengers to my bet have rights to my avatar for 2 weeks. If there are multiple winning challengers, they take turns at owning my avatar for 2 weeks at a time.
For example I win, and what if I don't like your avatar? :D

OP
gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #3
    that meaning you can choose my avatar :)

if it was just a matter of "you can use my avatar", it'd be stupid, because you can copy and paste someone's avatar anyway ;)

original post edited for clarity :cheesy:

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    Risky bet Graham. I'd say that Zlatan will outscore Del Piero in total, but Alex might score one goal more in the Coppa and you'd lose.

OP
    gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #10
    ++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++
    find something better to bet about.
    why don't you..

if you don't wanna participate, then don't. Nobody's gonna cry. Otherwise, what's the point in saying anything?

Jan 7, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

why don't you..

if you don't wanna participate, then don't. Nobody's gonna cry. Otherwise, what's the point in saying anything?

excuse me if what i sad didnt sound constructive.

how about the loser becomes thw winners servant for a week

Alex

May 1, 2004
    I wanna bet on the whole arsenal in the CL saying that they wont make the semis against fred weasley but i think the whole avatar is not risky enough.

What about the winner (hopefully me) gets a promotion like say something like coach of youth team or assistant, assistant coach.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++

what do you say we bet on who goes further in the CL. if it is chelsea then i become your internet sex slave. if it is juve then you become my internet sex slave.
    I like your thinking Bes. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)