Pro Evolution Soccer (R.I.P.) (3 Viewers)

mondo1

May 14, 2006
Reading this thread makes me feel good knowing that I choose FIFA over PES this year. PES was getting great reviews left and right, which was very convincing. Even I thought the Demo on PS4 was really good and better than FIFA. But yet again, I think FIFA beats PES as an overall package and def best bang for your buck. You get kits, UT (if you play it), real roster updates, real names, online play, more populated multiplayer, etc. Not trying to turn this into a pissing match, you play whatever you want but it seems really disappointing at how Konami are sort of just brushing this franchaise aside for the moment. Youd think they would update the game asap.
Especially if you only have like half the license that fifa has, how hard can it be to update that shit? Still Vidal tevez and pirlo at Juve..... Really embarrassing stuff. I mean you know that with pes you get less teams to play with but not updating them after the transfer window that's downright shameful. I wanted to give it another shot and the demo and reviews seemed great but I will never get it again. They lost me as a customer
"The gameplay is more realistic" .... I am yet to use my midfielders. You just don't need a midfield.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
JuveJay

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
  • Thread Starter #202
    PES (Konami) has always been about the game play ahead of everything else, I can see why a lot of people don't like it. They'll never like the lack of licenses, so why keep mentioning it? You know what you get.

EA revenue = $4,300,000,000
    Konami revenue = $132,000,000

Konami can't go up against them for things like Premier League and Bundesliga licenses, just not a chance. It also can't do anything about the FIFA World Cup. TBH they have done amazingly well to win Champions League, Europa League, Copa Libertadores, Asian CL and the Euro 2016 DLC which comes out next year. So I don't care about the silly names or the kit colours. The in-game editor is vast.

However, I also think that although the game is very fun and the collision zones are brilliant there are issues with it being too easy, and I've never really liked the keepers on PES. The problems with the rosters is just unprofessional, and it's easy to see why it turns fans away.

FIFA puts out a good game and it is easy to just pick up and play, even aside from the scam that is FUT. I can see why gamers wouldn't even bother with PES. But some of us remember real football sim innovation and where all the best aspects of the current FIFA game originated, and those issues with Konami don't put me off playing it. I'll also get a copy of FIFA, but I have had plenty of issues with that game myself in the past. The bigger the company the less they give a shit about problems, unless it costs them money.

JUVEMAN1211

Jun 22, 2011
    If I want a football sim I play FM. FIFA and PES are games of football but they both aren't "realistic." They just play different and have different attributes that some people like and some don't. I like both FIFA and PES do a great job of cramming a 90min sport into 12-15 min games, even with their respective downsides.

In terms of PES and its editor. Sure that's great, but isn't there a hardcap on the amount you can edit? I mean its great you can do that, but if you can only edit the PL, it still sucks cause you can't do the rest, you know? If you could do it all via mods on PS4, I would get PES hands down but I just can't get use to the presentation, lack of material, and other things. I don't really care about faces as who really looks at their faces when they play a game, but to each their own.

OP
    JuveJay

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
  • Thread Starter #204
    FM is a football management sim, PES and FIFA are football sims.

No you can't only edit the PL, any of the fake teams and leagues can be edited. The number of kit slots is an issue, because 340 is too low if you were to edit EVERY team. PL (19 x 3 kits), Championship (24 x 3 kits), Serie B (20 x 3 kits), Bundesliga (18 x 3 kits) etc.

But I don't use all of the leagues (I don't do anything with the Asian fake league - PAL League). Who is all that bothered about many obscure teams having real kits? Does FIFA have an official kit for Armenia, Albania, Kazakhtan etc? I don't think it does. In fact FIFA has many teams with generic emblems and kits. In PES you can edit the design of the kit to look close enough, without the need for kit slots. If you so happen to be Albanian or whatever then you can choose that as one of the kit slots, rather than Iraq or whoever :D

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
    Last week I said I'm gonna throw this away and buy FIFA 16 but things have changed :D

My issue with PES was how easy it is to play vs. COM, not licences and team rosters. That was the impression when I first tried it playing exhibition matches. However, playing Champions League and Master League, I noticed COM started to become harder to break down with their players pressuring you more. It's still not as challenging as playing COM in FIFA. But overall, it has significant edge over FIFA when it comes to graphics (player faces, stadiums etc.) and players motion. And as @JuveJay said, I don't have a real interest in 90% of the teams licensed in FIFA and I guess I have the patience to wait until the end of October for the latest transfers to get updated on PES. Also, the Champions League mode on PES is amazing.

For me:

Players motion/Reality: PES
    Graphics: PES
    Master League/Career mode: Tie
    Licences: FIFA but things could go well for PES with data patches.
    Challenging COM: FIFA
    Online gaming: FIFA
    Menus/UI: FIFA

Still, I'd probably buy FIFA later to challenge some friends online.

mondo1

May 14, 2006
    I wasn't criticising the lack of licenses. Cause honestly I mostly play with Juve or psg when online cause of their wingers. And the rest of my friends use teams that are in the game. And I don't care if I would play with "man blue " or man city. I just don't get how you can not get the roster right. That's really shameful. You lose lots of costumer because of the lack of licenses and than you dont even update the existing ones. But that aside my main issue is the shooting/ goalkeeping. Pes is doing some things really great like it really feels like a fluent game and not kinda "scripted" like fifa. But you get the feeling that every shot on goal will result in a goal or really dangerous situation.

OP
    JuveJay

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
  • Thread Starter #207
    Yeah I don't like the power shooting. It feels like firing a pinball, you feel sorry for the inadequate keepers at times. I noticed on FIFA 15 how much I preferred the shooting/keeper ratio, although I think both are a little overpowered against real life, which is probably for the spectacle.

I do love how individual the player models are, however. That for me has always been something that set PES apart. Not only are the models proportionate to player physiques, but the way they run with and without the ball is different. The introduction of Player ID went a long way to help that for top players, but also less well known players who won't have that still have an authentic feel. That means the way stats are attributed in the game is very good.

I like how Dybala has a nice soft touch and that acceleration over the first few yards, or how Cuadrado has a jinky movement when dribbling, or Pogba's swagger doing skill moves or using his strength. I appreciate how much time Konami spend doing the little things like that, but they'd have a perfect game if they had the time (personnel) and money to put all the background, modes and depth in like EA do with their game.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
    Does anyone have an explanation as to why the Juventus jersey doesnt not have the Scudetto or Coppa Italia badge?

Why are konami making such poor decisions i dont understand how they get these things wrong. Is it so hard to have asimple menu and update the roster on time? Crazy. Id like to see an interview where the developers are questiomed about these things.

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
    Dec 27, 2005
    The more I play this game, the more I hate it!!! Collisions were nice in the beginning, but every damn duel is collision, also I can't get a foul. Passes are also horrible, and when you turn off the assistance completely it's like my players are running away from ball. Also "I love" how accidentally you can hit you player while passing, and that player will just move away and wait for the ball to be picked by the player you wanted to pass to.

OP
    JuveJay

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
  • Thread Starter #211
    Does anyone have an explanation as to why the Juventus jersey doesnt not have the Scudetto or Coppa Italia badge?

Why are konami making such poor decisions i dont understand how they get these things wrong. Is it so hard to have asimple menu and update the roster on time? Crazy. Id like to see an interview where the developers are questiomed about these things.
    That has happened many times, they do sort things out but only if they deem it worth it. Patching the Juve kit would take them about 5 seconds, but whether they get around to it who knows.

The European contact is https://twitter.com/adam_bhatti He gets dog's abuse every year, to be fair to him.

OP
    JuveJay

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
  • Thread Starter #213
    PC or PS4? I've seen nothing but DIY stuff so far. I think a lot of people are waiting to see what Konami do with this DLC first, because currently there is no direct offline option file you can share.

OP
    JuveJay

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
  • Thread Starter #215
    I know that Daymos usually has the best one of those, he has a full team working on it. I couldn't tell you which ones are really good though, I'd have to look around the forums to see what people are saying. For £3 and decent feedback it's obviously worth a punt.

OP
    JuveJay

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
  • Thread Starter #216
    October 29th DP1 DLC inclusions:

Also this might be useful, a list of players to base copy (create player > base copy) who will be deleted from the game once DP1 is implemented: http://pesdb.net/pes2016/?special_agent=last-chance-special-agent

The ones listed in "Free Agents" will all be deleted. Turan and Vidal (Barcelona) are notable as they won't be added again until DP2, which will be February.

OP
    JuveJay

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
  • Thread Starter #219
    LOOOOOOOOOOL, fuck Konami.

Transfers in DP1 are up until 30/08, so no deadline day moves (Martial, Chicarito and hundreds other).

Also for editors it's a disaster, as for some unknown reason Konami have decided to reset all faces/hairstyles back to default. The rest has been left alone.

These guys are getting to the point where it doesn't really matter how good a game is in terms of playability, fans are sick of getting fucked over time and again with things like this.

JUVEMAN1211

Jun 22, 2011
    Damn that's a real shame. Honestly, at least in my opinion, I think FIFA is prime. I'm having a blast with it, problems and all but I wanted to see PES at least get a good update. That's fucking wack though that Konami aren't doing anything about this and its all community driven. PES has a huge fan-base so its lucky its still around but still.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)