Pro Evolution Soccer (R.I.P.) (9 Viewers)

B3N

Floro Fckin' Flores
May 16, 2010
It does. Re Pirlo fks remember some retarded comments from milan fans saying match is fixed/bought because goalkeeper could have 'easily' gotten to it. They absolutely suffered watching Pirlo killing it here.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
JuveJay

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
  • Thread Starter #122
    First impressions:

Everything seems a lot easier than in 2015; passing, shooting, tackling.

Passing does have more of a 'pinball' effect than ever. It sometimes did in PES before but now too much. In 2015 you could do this but didn't always feel in control, now it's too easy.

Shooting seems more realistic in terms of physics, but also too easy both as player and for AI, crazy shots from everywhere go close.

I like the tackling a lot, good timing and animations on collision zones. Block and slide tackling seems more responsive.

Players seem to glide rather than run. 2015 had a little of this but on the 2016 demo they defy physics at times.

Keeper contact zones need tweaking for full release, the ball hits them and goes in on areas of the body it shouldn't.

The opposition are still possession whores at times doing nothing with it.

The player models are as good as ever, Konami actually gives players individual body types as well.

The stadium detail and atmosphere looks/sounds good. No commentary as usual for a demo. Demo menu looks like an over-simplified 2015 version, can't read anything into that.

=================================================

First game I played Juve vs Corinthians to find my feet. Won 2-0 and completely dominated, more so than I ever have in a demo first play before.

Second game upper the level to Professional, played Brazil vs France. Scored a Neymar hat-trick first half, including my first fk attempt. That guy is OP. Won 3-1 after Matuidi scored from miles out.

Need a few more games to really get a feel for it. I have a feeling I will enjoy this a lot more than 2015, but also that I'll have to play at least Top Player difficulty to get anything out of it long term. It does play more like an arcade version, basically for me it seems to have again gone more towards FIFA but with the usual Konami emphasis on passing the ball added to their run and gun (dribble and shoot) game. It always makes me chuckle a little to see FIFA players complain about the game being unrealistic, because that is such an easy and slick game for anyone to just pick up and play, including children and mediocre gamers, it seems that Konami are now going to make PES just as accessible, with the option to master more complex techniques if anyone can actually be bothered.

B3N

Floro Fckin' Flores
    May 16, 2010
    Dont like the sound of some of things you said. Looks like there are still some aspects of pes2014 in there. Ball bouncing of keeper into goal, and players gliding about at times. Could tell from videos that tackling and also escaping from that or shoulder charges been improved alot. Looked nice and helps with the flow of the game.

You do have to play on higher difficulties tho, anything beside top player or up makes it easy to spray the ball around or running past defenders ai gives you alot of time. Goalies react better on higher difficulty as well.

Hopefully full version will be different and improved.

OP
    JuveJay

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
  • Thread Starter #124
    As for the keepers I remember one of the recent demos being like that, then on release they had marginally fixed it. Eventually the game was patched after a few weeks to eradicate it completely. It was the release where everything was rushed and they were like amateurs putting out half a finished game (2014?).

The only downside to playing TP level or above is the occasional scripted goal, where your opponents suddenly turn into football grand masters and there is some wonder team goal or perfect shot from 40 yards.

B3N

Floro Fckin' Flores
    May 16, 2010
    yeah 2014, what a shitty game that one turned out. I reverted back to pes13 after a few months. 2016 is also scheduled for early release, but 3years into their new engine it won't be such a mess, hopefully a complete game (seems like it from videos of ML's complete overhaul and some other stuff)

I know exactly about those goals, yeah it's there. ai trying to make the game exciting.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
    :tup:

looks like he is already sleepless over it :D

damn...the matches i played with my two best friends after we came home drunk
    used to be the best :lol: :touched:

...even better on PES on ps2...with all players tuned up to 99 :D
    always ended 11:11 or something.

Juvellino

Mar 19, 2015
    Wow I played the demo on xbox one and all the Juve players we have in the demo that are still with us look real. The faces are amazing. I have always got fifa but maybe I'll get this game instead this year.

OP
    JuveJay

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
  • Thread Starter #132
    Morata in particular looks brilliant. And they have finally aged Buffon :D

The goalkeepers also have their own individual styles this year, you can see that Gigi has the right movements and save styles. Casillas will be more of an agile keeper, Neuer is a big bear of a keeper. That adds a touch of physics realism that you will only get with PES.

Juvellino

Mar 19, 2015
    Since the Juve player faces looked so good in the PES demo I'm considering getting it instead of FIFA this year. I just wanted to ask how the master league is in PES and whether it's better than the manager mode in FIFA? Also is Serie B in PES and is there relegation/promotion?

If PES had image importing on xbox one I would definitely get it but it sounds like it won't be in xbox one

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)