Pro Evolution Soccer (R.I.P.) (3 Viewers)

OP
JuveJay

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
  • Thread Starter #562
    There will be no release of PES 2021, instead it will be a paid download of updated squads, kits, players etc for PES 2020: https://www.konami.com/wepes/2021/eu/en/all/

pes-2021-season-update-pre-order-price-1.jpg

Coronavirus is partly to blame for this, according to Konami. But it also seems like a stop gap before the next evolution.

The next-gen PES 2022 will run Unreal Engine:

That's uncanny valley level creepiness.

OP
    JuveJay

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
  • Thread Starter #563
    Thanks @piotrr for the reminder about this, out today.

Season update UK price is £24.99, or you can get the Juventus club edition for £29.99. You get 20% off if you already own PES 2020 or Lite.

Does feel a little bit like printing money but at least they aren't doing what EA do and charge you £44.99 for what is essentially updated squads and a couple of tweaks.

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    Maybe placebo but loving the subtle gameplay changes, smoother, more responsive. Been playing since midnight

If any of you have it on psn msg me.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
    Feb 12, 2006
    Thanks @piotrr for the reminder about this, out today.

Season update UK price is £24.99, or you can get the Juventus club edition for £29.99. You get 20% off if you already own PES 2020 or Lite.

Does feel a little bit like printing money but at least they aren't doing what EA do and charge you £44.99 for what is essentially updated squads and a couple of tweaks.
    Tbh this is the first year I switched to PES, i swore fifa 19 would be my last till EA sorted their shit. Loved PES this year, very different but without the arcady unrealism you get with fifa along with its scripted bullshit.

I admire Konami for coming out with this update, actually it's somewhat refreshing to know that they want to build trust with players and let them know they are concentrating on the next gen and not rehash the same shit EA have been churning out for some years with Fifa.
    Although I won't get the update just yet as I had patched mine to have additional leagues, kits etc a few months ago and I don't think they've released one to be compatible with the update, especially when they lose the licences for the milan clubs and the stadium

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
    Jun 17, 2011
    Is there a PES equivalent to something like sofifa.com? I know PES has dynamic potential in career mode but I'm sure there's a sort of baseline potential for players, no?

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
    I am downloading this game now. I have only ever played FIFA - bought every game up until FIFA19 since the late 90s. Didn't go for FIFA20 because of the Juve / Piemonte thing.

Finally giving it a go. What do you guys think? Is it possible to configure the controller to be the same as with FIFA. I think it will take me a while to get used to.

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    If you are a frequent Pes player, I would say it defenitely is. I didnt think it would be prior when they said its gonna be same as 2020, and its pretty close to it, same engine, build, menues etc. But actual gameplay differences is although minor, is significant enough for me to be worth buying. Game is smoother, more responsive, slower passed, harder to control passes/shots etc. And this is changes they made for a carbon copy game of pes 2020, Konami with all their faults, dont fuck around when it comes tot he gameplay.

I expect pes2022 will be massive amount of changes considering its what they pooling all their time on, and it being for a new gen game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)