Pro Evolution Soccer (R.I.P.) (2 Viewers)

OP
JuveJay

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
  • Thread Starter #262
    @Osman - I tell you what pisses me off a lot more, those garbage generic player models you get on FIFA.

Not even proper faces for Asamoah, Alex Sandro, Sturaro, Neto, Rugani, Hernanes. And they have an exclusive Juve license. Talk about getting mugged off.

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    Fuck me PSN hates me, the servers been slow for Konami in release day. I spent nearly two hours (some crashes) fixing a German guy on pes gaming's forum fantastic OF that adds Bundesliga and fixes all kits and teams in game. Also live update couldn't be fixed for some time due to connection.

So me and my brother are finally done, and here's the kicker something called user generated media can't be in use on this account pops up when we try to play Vs. All the updates and changes works if i play solo on my controller, but as soon as he activated his sub account controller, it doesn't work lol and we can only play default data with little to nothing right. It's insane. So now I spent another eons googling for fixes for this specific issue...

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    @Osman - I tell you what pisses me off a lot more, those garbage generic player models you get on FIFA.

Not even proper faces for Asamoah, Alex Sandro, Sturaro, Neto, Rugani, Hernanes. And they have an exclusive Juve license. Talk about getting mugged off.
    Didn't they make a commercial with Juve where everyone had right faces?

OP
    JuveJay

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
  • Thread Starter #265
    I don't do anything online for a couple of weeks, it's always a disaster to begin with, then intermittent problems as you go along. Konami are the great conundrum, they don't want to make games properly but they have this uncanny way to create a football game that plays well.

Have to say I really like how this plays.

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    I played with Dortmund and you realize how unique this game is, with gengenpressing defensive tactics and counter target / centering figure approaches you realize how flexible this game can be, with pacy players with good positional movement. Was quite different and nice (Dembele is neat) between that and playing with PSG game before.

Main gripe I have with it is I wish dribbling was done more intuitive, feels slowish and awkward compared to 16, but I'm guessing it's first day jitters before I get used to it.

OP
    JuveJay

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
  • Thread Starter #269
    PES15 was quite good

didnt bother 16 and apparently shouldnt bother with 17 aswel ?
    I don't play it on PC so I wouldn't know from my own opinion, just seen many, many complaints from PC players and review sites that the PC version is very much an afterthought. This is Konami after all, they are barely making this last game for console use.

Apr 15, 2006
    Just tried playing this on PC. The graphics are a far cry from the trailers and barely different from PES 16 on PC. Plus Juve is not licensed anymore and neither is the Juve Stadium. Besides BAL still has that stupid logic of injuring the player frequently, so I just got a refund.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    Just tried playing this on PC. The graphics are a far cry from the trailers and barely different from PES 16 on PC. Plus Juve is not licensed anymore and neither is the Juve Stadium. Besides BAL still has that stupid logic of injuring the player frequently, so I just got a refund.
    Is that easy to get a refund where you live :D?

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    @JuveJay, you playing on PS4? Been using this constantly updated since day one patch called DFL in pes gaming forum , German guy who is seriously meticulous on point fella. Pretty much fixed everything (leagues, NTs, classics) besides adding Bundesliga, Sky bet Championship and for good lolsy measure added J league. It's the last one that reminded me of you :D Saw one of the talents you spoke of in J league talents thread in the game.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
    Some people are utterly butthurt by this game's graphics and presentation but the fact still remains that it's a very good football game compared to what we've ever had before in this genre.

What really matters in a footy game?
    Gameplay, gameplay and gameplay.

Does PES2017 have good gameplay?
    Yes it does. Very good, in fact.

Do I really care about graphics?
    Yes, but it's not as important as gameplay.

9/10 - Best footy game ever. Goodbye PES5 and PES6.
    Does this guy has a point ? I'd really want another PES, if graphics are the only concern but they arent that bad, its fine.

Bit silly the consoles have a better graphical version despite beeing significantly weaker tho.

OP
    JuveJay

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
  • Thread Starter #277
    @JuveJay, you playing on PS4? Been using this constantly updated since day one patch called DFL in pes gaming forum , German guy who is seriously meticulous on point fella. Pretty much fixed everything (leagues, NTs, classics) besides adding Bundesliga, Sky bet Championship and for good lolsy measure added J league. It's the last one that reminded me of you :D Saw one of the talents you spoke of in J league talents thread in the game.

Yeah I know the guy, Cristiano. I've been on some of those editing forums for years now. I've imported entire leagues in about 5-10 mins, the import feature is really good.

BTW I'm going to do an export of Juve Primavera over one of the fake Euro league teams, if you're at all interested. When I get around to it, anyway :D That way people can base copy the players over 'ML Youth' players, useful for ML.

- - - Updated - - -

Does this guy has a point ? I'd really want another PES, if graphics are the only concern but they arent that bad, its fine.

Bit silly the consoles have a better graphical version despite beeing significantly weaker tho.
    I've noticed haziness on the graphics, some slowing. It's not a perfect engine but it's very good. The likenesses are still brilliant on PES.

I think because FIFA has moved to Frostbite people are getting a bit worked up over very little.

OP
    JuveJay

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
  • Thread Starter #279
    OK cool. It's quite tricky to know the exact stats for players but I've had a rough enough go at it. Kean ends up coming out at something like 71, trying not to be too biased but he is quite an exceptional talent.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)