Primavera & U17 (9 Viewers)

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Thats because he primarily plays in wingback role. Attacking winger role in lower youth levels, but in more senior reserves as LB/LWB role.
Ah okay, was looking for info on him and saw someone suggest he be converted into a wingback.

Saw that you rated him as one of the brightest talents of his age group at Chelsea. What makes you rate him that highly?

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I dont, I havent seen him, thats what articles and scout reports said past few months (we been rumoured to him since January), still 16, and in amongst a strong chelsea academy, he was considered their most promising youth prospect at that time. Us, PSG and Bayern were after him.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
I dont, I havent seen him, thats what articles and scout reports said past few months (we been rumoured to him since January), still 16, and in amongst a strong chelsea academy, he was considered their most promising youth prospect at that time. Us, PSG and Bayern were after him.
:tup:

I wonder why he left Chelsea for Turin

OP
JuveJay

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
  • Thread Starter #128
    Thats because he primarily plays in wingback role. Attacking winger role in lower youth levels, but in more senior reserves as LB/LWB role.
    Weird you should say that as I just mentioned the same in the transfer thread. Is he actually a wing back then? He looks like one to me. When he played for England he was definitely playing as a classic or inverted winger.

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    Weird you should say that as I just mentioned the same in the transfer thread. Is he actually a wing back then? He looks like one to me. When he played for England he was definitely playing as a classic or inverted winger.

They pretty much describe him as winger in earlier days of younger youth levels, but wingback in higher level of U18/reserves, seems like he is moving down in position then up, considering his skillset (robust physical player coming in second wave of attacks). Hard to say until we actually see him. But watching his youtube clip, he strikes be as a athletic fullback&wingback type, maybe thats where they taking clips from the most, but pretty much allways there in these clips. Like someone who is transporting ball with long strides deep wide positions, plays one toes, runs into space, then someone who has the skillset to be decisive in the final third attack like a true attacking wing forward.

OP
    JuveJay

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
  • Thread Starter #130
    They pretty much describe him as winger in earlier days of younger youth levels, but wingback in higher level of U18/reserves, seems like he is moving down in position then up, considering his skillset (robust physical player coming in second wave of attacks). Hard to say until we actually see him. But watching his youtube clip, he strikes be as a athletic fullback&wingback type, maybe thats where they taking clips from the most, but pretty much allways there in these clips. Like someone who is transporting ball with long strides deep wide positions, plays one toes, runs into space, then someone who has the skillset to be decisive in the final third attack like a true attacking wing forward.
    Looks like a Marcos Alonso kind of player, if he could improve his cross.

OP
    JuveJay

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
  • Thread Starter #131
    I just noticed that in the deal for Nzouango Bikien from Amiens, Rafael Fonseca the Portuguese right back has gone the other way.

OP
    JuveJay

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
  • Thread Starter #132
    Also, Andrea Bonatti is the new Primavera coach. He was previously the U16 coach.

e815aaac695b3e71143136889fa77f84-71387-d41d8cd98f00b204e9800998ecf8427e.jpg

His record with the U16 last season before suspension of the league was 14-2-1. One of those draws was that ridiculous 3-3 draw at Sassuolo where the spastic ref sent off 3 Juve kids in a minute.

Jun 16, 2020
    Good to see that we keep faith in our own coaches with Zauli and him. Imo better for the development of those youngsters.

You got me hyped about that generation. Don’t know any of them besides Miretti and Soule.

A lot of players have been bought recently. The club is definitely putting a lot of effort to bring in young talents, now we just have to learn him to use them in the first team.

OP
    JuveJay

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
  • Thread Starter #134
    U16 and U17 do have great records, but you can usually see if there are potential Serie A-quality players once they play in the bigger Primavera games, cups, or UEFA Youth League. At least now there is the U23 to step into.

Jun 16, 2020
    U16 and U17 do have great records, but you can usually see if there are potential Serie A-quality players once they play in the bigger Primavera games, cups, or UEFA Youth League. At least now there is the U23 to step into.
    We should get U23 in Serie B as soon as possible. Would really be perfect as I personally see the Serie B as a good competition to develop young talent. Castrovilli, Tonali etc as recent examples.

In The Netherlands, Ajax, AZ, PSV and Utrecht have their U23 in the second league. We’ve been linked to quite a lot of their players (Malen, Gravenberch, Dest and a few others). They really show how it should be done. Does anyone knows how this is in Germany and especially in France?

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
    I dont know how strong the Dutch 2nd division is, but Serie B would be a big achievement for our B team.

In Spain there are no B teams in the second division at the moment. Barca B makes it some times.

OP
    JuveJay

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
  • Thread Starter #137
    It's very difficult to get into Serie B for any group of young players, but not impossible. The issue with the U23 teams is that by definition the squad changes every couple of years, so a coach has to gel a team in limited time.

OP
    JuveJay

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
  • Thread Starter #140
    But he is 42 years old, what is the project, seriously ?

They always seem to pick an experienced #9 as an option for 'leading the line'. Same reason they have Alcibiade in defence. Just adds a bit of experience to a naive squad in a tough league full of wily and dirty players.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)