Primavera 2013-14 (+ Allievi and others) (45 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
I think there are some good points made there. If you consider how much those squad fillers cost us - it surely is a big sum of money. Later on complaining about lack of money begins but those could actually land us a very good player.

It's worse when you don't consider those expensive squad fillers reliable enough. It's easier to live with an error from youngster who cost you next to nothing - well he's young he's got to learn. When a player like Peluso or Motta does it everyone gets mad and rightfully so imo.

I think there's needed some balance between youngsters and squad fillers especially when they don't play too much actually but cost quite a lot.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
What are your guys thoughts on Beltrame? 8 or 9 matches for Bari now, and no goals to his name.

Did we overhype him?

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
What do you guys think about this article?
Agreed. But quality is also missing I think. Only 1 player made the Italy under 17, and that was a reserve goal keeper.

What are your guys thoughts on Beltrame? 8 or 9 matches for Bari now, and no goals to his name.

Did we overhype him?
Surely those aren't starts because most of the time I checked Bari match stats he barely got minutes.

I personally think Primavera matches are slow paced and lack intensity. Worse still sending the Primavera graduates out to new environments with different football philosophies don't do the players any good, most of our loanees are barely getting minutes in Serie B. Also I believe young players can play with more freedom with quality players around them, if they play in poor teams they will be chasing shadows most of the match. They won't be able to to try out their skills and improve game awareness et al. Pescara for instance worked because there were quite a few good young players in that team.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
Stefano Beltrame - 8 apps - 0 goals - 1 assist - 365mins

And yeah some Serie B teams aren't even using our players. We suck at this stuff...

The only ones getting quality time in Serie B are Leali, Rugani & Appelt and then Berardi, Zaza and Gabbiadini in Serie A. Which is good don't get me wrong, but I was hoping to see Beltrame, Padovan, Liviero, Schiavone and Masi get more playing time.

I'm interested in that Marotta quote where he said he wants 4 senior attackers, and 1 youngster. I wonder who he wants to keep and which youth player he wants to promote.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
Slovakia and Morocco out of u17 WC, so we don't have any representatives left I think. Marzouk scored for Morocco u17 though and looks like the best prospect to me.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
Parma 2-3 Juventus in a Primavera match yesterday.

Otin, Penna and Tavanti were goalscorers.

Nicolo Pozzebon just scored for the Allievi against Ternana.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
After the manner of away defeat I was starting to think I over-rated some of the Primavera and that the other continental giants have much better youth systems, but this game (atleast from the highlights I saw) we created plenty of chances to score and missed some sitters, so I am not that disheartened.

OP
JuveJay

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
  • Thread Starter #160
    Don't judge too harshly with youth players, sometimes it just falls apart and teams collapse, they haven't got that experience yet to battle through and they take the scoreline to heart.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 45)