Premier League 2021-22 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Couldnt do it against the Cagliari's and Salernitana's of the league under Allegri though, could he? You might have a point if he did, but he didnt.
You wouldn't get the point if it hit you in the head. Those teams had something to play for. Spurs were always going to trounce Norwich today. Arsenal blew it last round.

Great ending to the season. Not really bothered who won it as I don't like either team, but scousers winning a quadruple would have been unbearable smugness and bleating. They remain a great team regardless, but today's rounds at the top show what nerves and recklessness does in games.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
Has Juve turned things around in a season defining game recently? Anything after that 3-2 win at Inter?

There have been some come from behind wins but I’m trying to think of a major game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
What a subs :
Gundogan (2 Goals)
Zinchenko (Assist)
Sterling (Assist)

He rarely subs Bernardo Silva but today he made that bold changes and paid off
Well, one could argue that he has such players on the bench that it's really nothing we should praise him for. All of these guy are 50m+ players and are warming his bench, same as their 100m signing. Praise him all u want but for me he is a fraud who can stack world class talent on the bench.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
We almost did it. Not bad for losing Salah and Mane for a month.

would have been sweet for pep to win nothing this year
The points total of both clubs is insane. And for Pool to go all the way in all competitions playing this style of football is incredible.

Good luck against Madrid. Liverpool are playing at a higher level but Madrid is Madrid

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
This is true, he is special when it comes to domestic leagues, would even welcome him back here if not that Inter cameo
I don't want to get into this Conte-Allegri debate but there is overwhelming evidence to suggest that Conte is brilliant at rebuilding teams whereas Allegri is better at taking already competitive squads to the next level.
We needed a Conte type personality this season to give our players a good beating and improve the mentality of the squad in general.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
I don't want to get into this Conte-Allegri debate but there is overwhelming evidence to suggest that Conte is brilliant at rebuilding teams whereas Allegri is better at taking already competitive squads to the next level.
We needed a Conte type personality this season to give our players a good beating and improve the mentality of the squad in general.
Yeah it's clear that this is the case. Though I wouldn't ever want Conte anywhere near Juve due to his antics, hopefully Allegri can get his shit together and create a team. Because the cases of Bentancur and KULu shows that it's not really only the players who are the problem. At the same time, the shitty three season with three different coaches at helm also show that it's also not a coaching problem.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
This is true, he is special when it comes to domestic leagues, would even welcome him back here if not that Inter cameo
He's done a fine job but there is massive exaggeration about this season. They might have been 9th when he took over but it was after 10 rounds, and they were 5 points below 4th place. Talking like it was some kind of miracle to make up 5 points in 28 games and finish ahead of Arsenal and the worst Man United in my living memory, let's be serious.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
He's done a fine job but there is massive exaggeration about this season. They might have been 9th when he took over but it was after 10 rounds, and they were 5 points below 4th place. Talking like it was some kind of miracle to make up 5 points in 28 games and finish ahead of Arsenal and the worst Man United in my living memory, let's be serious.
We're they also 9th because they didn't play few games cuz of Covid or something like that?

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Isn't it early to say this about Allegri after a single season?
Afterall, he did make it to the CL final in 2017 with an almost completely different Juve compared to the one in 2015. He did rebuild a Juve that lost Pirlo, Tevez, Pogba, Vidal, Morata, Evra.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)