Premier League 2019/20 (19 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 23, 2013
If Arsenal sell Auba this summer, a bottom half of the table finish is guaranteed. With the few chances that their team creates, Auba has dug them out of so many holes this season. And without Europe next season, I just can't see how they could replace his goal scoring output.

For his career, especially if Barca is at the door knocking, Auba should pack his bags and head out ASAP.

Buy on AliExpress.com

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
Saudis and Staveley backed out of the NUFC takeover.

Shameful what the EPL did to Newcastle. To approve or reject the takeover is their right, but to take 3-4 months on a decision that usually took 3-4 weeks is laughable. They were literally stalling until PCP backed out because they were too big of pussies to reject it themselves.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Saudis and Staveley backed out of the NUFC takeover.

Shameful what the EPL did to Newcastle.
I think the EPL had every right to look closely at the deal, even if the delaying seemed contentious. I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have done, however, if the Saudis hadn't deliberately hit them in the pocket. After all, there have been several takeovers already with decidedly questionable foreign owners.

When the Saudis blocked beIN Sport from showing Premier League games in the country they were hardly going to then be given a seat at the table. Also, those small crimes against humanity - whisper it quietly.

I know most fans wouldn't care if Lucifer himself turned up with 5 billion pounds, as long as they can go from being a shit club to a perennial trophy challenger. Maybe the Saudis will turn up at Fiorentina or Sampdoria and do that with them instead. Serie A will clearly have anyone.

Last edited:

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
Idc about Saudis, I'm saying they did Newcastle as a club and the whole region dirty. The club was in the abyss this whole time, basically any decision on players, coaches etc. was depending on the takeover.

Whoever it is I seriously doubt they need 4 months to decide. Everything about Saudis was known before. If it was about morals EPL would've rejected it in the first week. But they were stalling deliberately so someone else would make the decision for them because they didn't dare to face backlash from approving the takeover, but they couldn't say no to the money.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I think they were under pressure from many groups on this one, including beIN, and possibly even the government (but it's ok to sell the Saudis weapons and aircraft).

The worst thing for Newcastle fans is that not only do they lose out on new owners but they still have Mike Ashley. I know from experience what owners like that are doing (the same happens at Coventry under Sisu), he is a tight-arsed businessman out to turn a profit. At a football club you can only do that one way and that is to be successful. Newcastle have a huge fan base regardless and they still turn up in their droves to watch crap so he can squeeze a chunk of profits out of the club.

https://www.themag.co.uk/2019/10/th...-does-make-from-newcastle-united-a-must-read/

Ashley's Sports Direct company only "pay" £2m per year to be the stadium sponsor, up from just over £1m last year. It is well known that Ashley is using Newcastle United as a means to export Sports Direct around the world. He banks money from the almost free advertising provided by the club.

Modern football clubs should be run responsibly, and I doubt you will ever see Newcastle United in financial trouble under him, but taking out tens of millions in personal dividends is the kind of thing you expect from owners like Ashley or the Glazers.

rainhard

May 5, 2004
Liverpool are really impressive in their transfer strategy. they bought key players that they really need , slightly above their market value

Mane, Wijnaldum in 2016
VVD, Salah, Robertson in 2017
Allison , Naby Keita, Fabinho in 2018
they even sacrifice their 2019 budget in 2018 to push for EPL only lose 1 points from Man City
And after 1 years the team are solid, they practically dont do anything in transfer market in 2019

Dortmund becoming the Ajax of Germany in terms of young players development
And I think Red Bull clubs are approach with that philosophy too as for recent years they keep producing young players
In Italy, Atalanta and Sassuolo comes in mind, but the differrent is in capital flow

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
So Fulham were the third team promoted to the Premier League, beating Brentford in the play-off final.

Scott Parker has done a good job there but I hardly think he's worthy of the messiah phrase I've seen him getting. They were relegated from the Premier League in the previous season with a team that had £100m spent on it, they only sold Sessegnon, and then spent another £30m+ on players in the Championship. They finished 4th in the table. I'd say that is a very par achievement. They were always one of the favourites to go back up and had one of the best squads.

Changing the mentality at the club is the difficult thing, but once you get a few wins under your belt that can go away quickly when you're chasing promotion. It's not at all the same as a relegation battle.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
So Fulham were the third team promoted to the Premier League, beating Brentford in the play-off final.

Scott Parker has done a good job there but I hardly think he's worthy of the messiah phrase I've seen him getting. They were relegated from the Premier League in the previous season with a team that had £100m spent on it, they only sold Sessegnon, and then spent another £30m+ on players in the Championship. They finished 4th in the table. I'd say that is a very par achievement. They were always one of the favourites to go back up and had one of the best squads.

Changing the mentality at the club is the difficult thing, but once you get a few wins under your belt that can go away quickly when you're chasing promotion. It's not at all the same as a relegation battle.
Their owners are wankers. Tony Khan is analytics dweeb who knows fuck all about football and spends too much time arguing with fans on Twitter and running his shithouse wrestling promotion. Also the Jags are a joke in the NFL.

I was hoping the Bees would go up ::

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
skysports-ake-graphic_4862999.jpg

Manchester City have completed the signing of defender Nathan Ake from Bournemouth for £41m

feel sorry for him, Pep isn't any good for pure defenders. He puts them in bad light in reckless defensive schemes of 1on1 exposure constantly and after mistake casts them out for CMs/DMs or youth players in their CB spots. Must be humialiting being a CB in his style.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)