Premier League 2019/20 (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Looks like the Villa shite have got out of it then, but that was always going to be the case with West Ham safe.

Leicester are missing too many key players.

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
Right teams went down. Absolutely hate Norwich because of Pukki party in Finland, Bournemouth because their stadium sucks and the cameras are way too down there so it makes it stupid af to watch their home games and Watford just deserves to go down ahead of Villa for sure.

Also, what a failure Leicester is. They were ahead of City for a run to 2nd place till the 2nd half of the season if i remember right, now they didn't even make UCL. Terrible.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Right teams went down. Absolutely hate Norwich because of Pukki party in Finland, Bournemouth because their stadium sucks and the cameras are way too down there so it makes it stupid af to watch their home games and Watford just deserves to go down ahead of Villa for sure.

Also, what a failure Leicester is. They were ahead of City for a run to 2nd place till the 2nd half of the season if i remember right, now they didn't even make UCL. Terrible.
It's almost always the teams who deserve to go down who do. Villa have had a proper shit season but they ended it well, partly in thanks to having some fixtures against teams with nothing to play for. However Bournemouth lost at home to Southampton last week so they didn't take their chance, and Watford have had one of the most abysmal ends t a season I've ever seen. Literally rolled over.

Bournemouth have been punching above their weight for a long time, it'll be interesting to see if they go straight back up. I think they will.

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
It's almost always the teams who deserve to go down who do. Villa have had a proper shit season but they ended it well, partly in thanks to having some fixtures against teams with nothing to play for. However Bournemouth lost at home to Southampton last week so they didn't take their chance, and Watford have had one of the most abysmal ends t a season I've ever seen. Literally rolled over.

Bournemouth have been punching above their weight for a long time, it'll be interesting to see if they go straight back up. I think they will.
Ya let's what happens with Bournemouth. I don't know if they can keep up those key players and they will atleast lose Ake and i'd count on losing Callum Wilson for sure. Those youngsters Harry Wilson, David Brooks etc. if they can keep they should be pretty much ready to go back to PL next year, but Championship is tough league.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
That's because the Premier League rewards mediocrity with huge financial incentives.

Villa spent £120m (€132m) net on transfers this summer, and stayed up by one point, scoring 41 goals in 38 games. Their final points total would have seen them relegated in each of the last 10 seasons.

Fact is this - the Premier League has been extremely poor this season. Thoroughly poor top teams and mediocre tiers throughout the rest of the league, with the exception of Liverpool, who ended up with 99 points even taking their foot off the gas.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
The video is from 2015 and doesn't age very well. I'd like to hear his thoughts now.

1. Rubbish, lol. United always had big support in terms of numbers, home and away, even in the days they were shit. But the atmosphere at Old Trafford is simply not a leading factor. They suffer from the same support as at other leading PL clubs and football tourism. In terms of global fan base they have the largest support, if you believe their numbers. This comes from being the most successful team when the PL exploded as a global product.

2. "No one can touch us" in terms of revenue. At the time they might have been 1st(?) but they are 3rd now, and are definitely "touched" by at least Barcelona and Real Madrid.

3. Still relevant - United had three good eras in their entire history 1) post war to mid 50s, which was unfortunately cut short by the Munich air disaster, 3 titles in 12 years, 2) Mid to late 60s with George Best, Denis Law etc when they won titles and their first European Cup, then 26 years later until they won a league title again (were relegated and won 5 other trophies in that time), Fergie arrived in 1986 and it was 7 years before he won the title, so 3) from 1992 until 2013 when Fergie retired they were as dominant as I've seen a domestic club side. United's current standing is certainly built on SAF's 26 years at the club.

4. Scousers are 1 league title behind and 3 European Cups ahead, United have 5 FA Cups more. There is nothing in this, that bragging right has now gone.

5. Signing top players? Hmm, not any more. They've signed one "top player" since Fergie left and that is Pogba, a guy who has a connection with the club. The rest of their signings have been either second or expensive third tier signings, and so many flops.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Agreed.

There's absolutely nothing that justifies calling United the biggest club in the world. Are they among the 4-5 biggest? Yes, i'd say so.

But the biggest is Real Madrid and it's not even a contest. Barcelona probably comes in on a second place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)