Premier League 2018/19 (18 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dantes

Dec 15, 2017
Just to remember, Mourinho was sacked in December when he was 6th with 19 points behind Liverpool.

Man United finishes the season in 6th, 32 points behind City.

Ole's at the wheel
Utd were 7-5-5 under Mourinho.

If they’d continued at that WDL% they would have finished on 58 points. That’s 40 points behind City, albeit still sixth ... just (almost 7th).

If you’re suggesting Mou did better than Ole. He didn’t. Or that Solskjaer was just as bad? He wasn’t.

Of course the gap to the top was going to increase over time. The Champions will have a bigger PPG ratio than everyone else and so the more games played - the bigger the gap.

Don’t let maths get in the way of your story though.

Last edited:

Dantes

Dec 15, 2017
Still crying? :lol2: Like Ole's got the balls to try to solve United problems. Do the "maths" now.
Don’t be a child. Of course I’m not crying.

Look, I know you like Portuguese footballers and managers. That’s fine. But you were implying Solskjaer was as bad, if not worse than Mou at Utd this season. And that is just not true.

For the record, I like Mourinho. He actually seems like a decent guy, and his career record speaks for itself.

Ole may not be the answer, but if Mou had stayed then Utd could have ended up 10th next year.

ColloRosso

Jul 16, 2018
Don’t be a child. Of course I’m not crying.

Look, I know you like Portuguese footballers and managers. That’s fine. But you were implying Solskjaer was as bad, if not worse than Mou at Utd this season. And that is just not true.

For the record, I like Mourinho. He actually seems like a decent guy, and his career record speaks for itself.

Ole may not be the answer, but if Mou had stayed then Utd could have ended up 10th next year.

Ok, just see that from the time Ole renewed contract, the results came dropping one after the other because the players became comfortable.

If they do not do a serious cleaning there as Mourinho wanted to do at the beginning of the season or that tried to do in real Madrid, nor in the next 5 years Man Utd is again a realistic candidate for the title.

But whatever, Mou is out and you can clearly see that he recovered about 10 years of his life just not having to deal with Ed Woodward :lol2:

Ole's was never the answer, United need a locker room guy.

Dantes

Dec 15, 2017
The sensible thing for the Utd board to do would have been to sack Woodward. That would have given Mou the support he needed to assert his authority over the squad for the remainder of this season.

And to then set about replacing him with Poch in the summer.

It’ll take years for Utd to become challengers, they need a thorough overhaul from the back room to the on-field personnel.

Unfortunately, for everyone else, they do have the money to do that. Even if it’s 2022 before they’re back at anything near Fergie-era performance.

ColloRosso

Jul 16, 2018
The Fergies and Wengers times are over, Managers have limited time at clubs now, times are very different. We live in the footbusiness time and some players look more like instagram stars than anything else. What failed in United's Mou besides the Eds Woodwards of this life was a clear problem of lack of leadership on the pitch to help put his ideas into practice. Mou always backed up great experienced captains on the pitch with the likes of John Terry, Javier Zanetti, Carvalho, Jorge Costa etc. and more recently Zlatan. You look at that United squad and you only see Instagram kids with inflated egos, it's a tough battle for him. Even a guy like Hazard admited he want to work with Mou again. Mou is old school, he works with strong men. Also its 3rd season already. He needed to move elsewhere and will win again.

Dantes

Dec 15, 2017
If I were Mourinho I’d pack it in, go into a TV career or look at International football instead. He’s earned that luxury. Maybe he’ll get a chance at Portugal’s NT where he would be 100% respected.

I just don’t think he can relate to, and manage today’s footballers at Elite club level. It’s a different era.

There’s no shame in that. Just as players have to hang up their boots, managers will also have to call time eventually. Maybe he’s best just calling it a day and enjoying his life.

- - - Updated - - -

Let me put it another way.

Would Madrid, Barca, Juve, Bayern, PSG or England’s top 6 hire him? Probably not.

Can you see him happy at a lower level club, scrapping for CL qualification and with all he’s achieved previously? I just don’t think he needs that hassle, and nor would I wish it on him either.

Last edited:

ColloRosso

Jul 16, 2018
If I were Mourinho I’d pack it in, go into a TV career or look at International football instead. He’s earned that luxury. Maybe he’ll get a chance at Portugal’s NT where he would be 100% respected.

I just don’t think he can relate to, and manage today’s footballers at Elite club level. It’s a different era.

There’s no shame in that. Just as players have to hang up their boots, managers will also have to call time eventually. Maybe he’s best just calling it a day and enjoying his life.

What makes you think he's not doing that? He's enjoying it while collecting pensions contracts. Without trying much hard he managed to get a shitty a poor-man's treble on his first year at Utd. Then it all comes down naturally. Oh well, he never recovered since he joined Real Madrid that's when he acknowledge the cancer that is when players boss more than the manager. Could never cope with that. I believe he can have a go at it again in some other club where the direction or a toxic dressing room doesn't get in the middle of his decisions. Well, if it doesn't work he just collects another compensation prize. Win-win.

Still he knows a lot more about the game with his eyes closed than 99.9% of the managers of today.

At the National Team I would rather have a mastermind like Jorge Jesus than Mou. To play with 11 centre-backs, Santos is good enough already :baus:

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
come on, as much as we despise them, they are still a top club with basically limitless financial background via suning, only tied by ffp. let's face it, they are our main rivals for the next 10 years. if they can pay 9-10m to conte, then ffp is no longer a huge issue to them either.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
The Fergies and Wengers times are over, Managers have limited time at clubs now, times are very different. We live in the footbusiness time and some players look more like instagram stars than anything else. What failed in United's Mou besides the Eds Woodwards of this life was a clear problem of lack of leadership on the pitch to help put his ideas into practice. Mou always backed up great experienced captains on the pitch with the likes of John Terry, Javier Zanetti, Carvalho, Jorge Costa etc. and more recently Zlatan. You look at that United squad and you only see Instagram kids with inflated egos, it's a tough battle for him. Even a guy like Hazard admited he want to work with Mou again. Mou is old school, he works with strong men. Also its 3rd season already. He needed to move elsewhere and will win again.
I doubt Mourinho's gonna win anything in the top 5 leagues anymore. (Unless he takes over the PSG job).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)