Premier League 2018/19 (21 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Because of Heysel? I always found it odd how can some generalize an entire fanbase and club based on a few thugs
Of course because of Heysel.

Who is generalising an entire fanbase?

Do I think all Liverpool fans are thugs? Absolutely not.

But UEFA confirmed that a large group of Liverpool fans were responsible in the disaster that led to the deaths of many innocent Juve fans. Is this enough for me to route against them? Yes.

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
Yeah. And Napoli with 91 points last year. Finishing over 90 points in any of the big leagues and still losing the title is soul-crushing lol
I can't imagine how it feels. It must be a crazy feeling like losing final after final in a big competition. We as Juve supporters definitely don't know a thing about soul-crushing experience.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I can't imagine how it feels. It must be a crazy feeling like losing final after final in a big competition. We as Juve supporters definitely don't know a thing about soul-crushing experience.
Of course we do, you silly fellow.

Although we know it perhaps better, if you were watching in the 90s as big favourites against both Dortmund and Madrid :cry:

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Of course because of Heysel.

Who is generalising an entire fanbase?

Do I think all Liverpool fans are thugs? Absolutely not.

But UEFA confirmed that a large group of Liverpool fans were responsible in the disaster that led to the deaths of many innocent Juve fans. Is this enough for me to route against them? Yes.
Where I disagree is the problem of associating them with the club when the persons involved simply represent their jackass selves

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
League title isnt legit choke job, City are better then them and bigger favourites since day one. But CL yeah it would be choke job, because they are clearly better team then Spurs.
Pool had a 7 or 10 point lead going into Christmas break iirc. So a little choking perhaps?

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Pool had a 7 or 10 point lead going into Christmas break iirc. So a little choking perhaps?
Yeah in that fashion yes, but this is new territory to them, and they aren't in City's level at all that the lead was mainly due to an characteristic month for City where they dropped 4 games in one month.

Liverpool's lead was like Napoli leading over us at one point, it was inevitable that we or City would get the lead back.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
Yeah in that fashion yes, but this is new territory to them, and they aren't in City's level at all that the lead was mainly due to an characteristic month for City where they dropped 4 games in one month.

Liverpool's lead was like Napoli leading over us at one point, it was inevitable that we or City would get the lead back.
Nah with the additions with Allison, Fabinho, Shaqiri and N.Keita Liverpool were good enough imo. They didn't take the head-to-head seriously enough, probably lacked experience in a 2 horse race. They shouldn't have lost in Manchester, would have been a 7 pt lead or 10 pt unassailable lead instead of just 4.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Nah with the additions with Allison, Fabinho, Shaqiri and N.Keita Liverpool were good enough imo. They didn't take the head-to-head seriously enough, probably lacked experience in a 2 horse race. They shouldn't have lost in Manchester, would have been a 7 pt lead or 10 pt unassailable lead instead of just 4.
Their last league title was 30 years ago. It takes more then few points lead to have the proper winning culture and mentality to withstand the pressure that comes with being league leaders.

In fact this is not the first time they were leading the league in Christmas and then falter, actually only times a winter leader didnt win the league title is 3 times. All 3 times by Liverpool, this season, 08-09 and 13-14 seasons.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Where I disagree is the problem of associating them with the club when the persons involved simply represent their jackass selves
Seems like a good enough reason to dislike a team to me.

They are fans of that club, they represented them, they wore their colours as they attacked and killed innocent people trying to watch a game of football, it wasn't one or two idiots but a large section of fans. For that reason I won't support them.

There are plenty of clubs I don't like because of the actions of a large number of their fans (not one of two morons that every club has). A large group of that club's fans being responsible for the death of fans of my club seems a good enough reason to me to not support that team.

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
So since EPL was formed, or lets put in better words it changed its format in 1992 Liverpool has never won it.

Man UTD - 13 tittles
Chelsea - 5
Man City - 4
Arsenal - 3
Blackburn - 1
Leicester - 1
Liverpool finished up 4 times in second place. Oh dear it sucks to be a Liverpool fan :lovingit:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)