Premier League 2018/19 (33 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
Only times 2 teams in the same league (top 5 leagues) finished with 90+pts in one season, barca&madrid in the early messi&GOAT era, Juve&Napoli last and city&pool this season. Mickey mouse clubs
And Napoli hasn't made it out of the group stage in the last two seasons and never makes it to the later stages of the competition. Oh, and they have a lot less money than us. Serie A is just another Bundesliga.

Jun 6, 2015
Still a Mickey Mouse league.
I'm personally not a fan of such extreme terms. I prefer Goofy league.

Being serious I have to say that in recent years Serie A has improved a lot. I think it has been regaining some of its glory, slowly. People just focus too much on the superiority of Juventus. There are some nice upper-mid and lower-mid teams that have clear and different identities. PL although superior has lost some of its identity and is just too bland for me.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
And Napoli hasn't made it out of the group stage in the last two seasons and never makes it to the later stages of the competition. Oh, and they have a lot less money than us. Serie A is just another Bundesliga.
It doesent matter, you guys claim we have it easy in Italy, while this is the 1st time since Allegris 1st season where we won the title comfortably. Success of italian clubs in europe is another discussion

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
I'm personally not a fan of such extreme terms. I prefer Goofy league.

Being serious I have to say that in recent years Serie A has improved a lot. I think it has been regaining some of its glory, slowly. People just focus too much on the superiority of Juventus. There are some nice upper-mid and lower-mid teams that have clear and different identities. PL although superior has lost some of its identity and is just too bland for me.
It definitely has improved especially over the last 3 years or so. Though this season has been a bit of a let down. Thanks Roma.

But to say the Bundesliga is a Mickey Mouse league when it’s table looks similar to Serie A every year is wrong.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Looks like Bundesliga.
Napoli took 90 points last season. 2nd place bundesliga side had 60 points. Napoli beat juventus in turin in a potential title decider late last season and were leading the league into the final few games so no it wasnt over after a few weeks

Your attempt characterize serie a as a foregone conclusion is totally false. It was this season but not the previous few

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Napoli took 90 points last season. 2nd place bundesliga side had 60 points.
4 points difference, similar to this year’s table. Can’t just compare season to season as these things tend to fluctuate while staying on trend.

Competition is similar. One team always wins, another challenges, no one else close. Financials also reflect this.

You could argue strength of the mid table, European success, etc as a way to show a difference in strength. But they’d still look similar. If one league is Mickey Mouse so is the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 31)