Premier League 2018/19 (27 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
van Gaal, Mourinho, Solskjaer.

It's not the manager that's the problem. It's the players, and their shitty attitudes. Utd fans need to be patient and give this guy time to clear out the deadwood and recruit (it's not like they don't have the money to do that). Could take 18 months at least.
"Ole’s not the problem.

He’s the meat trapped in the rotten sandwich"

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Their biggest problem is SAF and their history. What Jermaine Jenas said is true, they need to see past their history, "the United way of playing" and all that nonsense. Man Utd won so many trophies not just because they had SAF and a ferocious attacking philosophy but because they had the best players - they bought whoever they wanted from rival teams in the league, and were the first English team to virtually have a squad of 22 good players, which enabled their European success (eventually). Since Abramovich took over Chelski there has been an increasingly level playing field financially.

Dantes

Dec 15, 2017
"Ole’s not the problem.

He’s the meat trapped in the rotten sandwich"
Okay. I see your point.

Their biggest problem is SAF and their history. What Jermaine Jenas said is true, they need to see past their history, "the United way of playing" and all that nonsense. Man Utd won so many trophies not just because they had SAF and a ferocious attacking philosophy but because they had the best players - they bought whoever they wanted from rival teams in the league, and were the first English team to virtually have a squad of 22 good players, which enabled their European success (eventually). Since Abramovich took over Chelski there has been an increasingly level playing field financially.
Actually, this is really spot on.

SAF was a great manager. That's beyond debate. But at one point Utd were the Bayern of England. Their financial clout meant that not only did they buy the league's best players to strengthen, they also weakened their rivals in the process.

They can't do this now. Something that Mourinho complained about. Though I think it's more about the Sky TV money rather than Abramovich.

Also, and often overlooked. The rules about Academy recruitment changed late into the Fergie era. Adding a local rule. That team of 'kids' that won the league under Fergie weren't all from the North West. Beckham's a London lad, for instance. Now Utd don't have the free pick of England's best young players either.

I guess they're still coming to terms with having to compete on a more level playing field.

Last edited:

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
:boh: I would say Tottenham but Ajax beat Real and Juventus so who knows.

Tottenham still favorites but Ajax will be riding a high with nothing to lose.

- - - Updated - - -

just saw that United lost by four to Everton :lol:

What is it with these Premier League teams and their lazy egotistical players having the run of the place. how many managers do united or chelsea have to go through before their board stops putting up with the clowns that they are supposed to manage.

Last edited:

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Well colour me surprised, Ole Gunnar Solksjaer has turned out to be a dud coach, who simply had a few wins against shit opposition and now has the team playing just as bad (if not worse) than Mourinho. And United fans were hailing him as their version of Guardiola or Zidane :lol3:

Love that they gave him a 3 year contract as well :lol:

Last edited:

Dantes

Dec 15, 2017
Well colour me surprised, Ole Gunnar Solksjaer has turned out to be a dud coach, who simply had a few wins against shit opposition and now has the team playing just as bad (if not worse) than Mourinho. And United fans were hailing him as their version of Guardiola or Zidane :lol3:

Love that they gave him a 3 year contract as well :lol:
He's not a dud coach. Nor is Mourinho, or van Gaal or even Moyes.

Utd's players are shit. They are sixth because they have the sixth best group of players in England. Worse than City, Liverpool, Spurs, Chelsea and Arsenal. And in that order. Their league positon is entirely correct for that squad. Utd need to stop recruiting wankers and start recruiting pros. Neville is right. Solskjaer needs to get rid of some of these dabbing pricks and get some proper footballers in. More Rashfords and less Pogbas and Lingaards. He'd definitely have the Utd fans backing on that. Fergie would have thrown both of those pillocks out. Utd's board need to back Ole, and let him get rid of the dross.

A lot of Utd fans wanted Pochettino. The first thing he would have done is to sell the nobheads. If the board give Solskjaer the leeway to do the same, then they'll come good. On the up side for the rest of us, that's going to take quite a long time.

Last edited:

Dantes

Dec 15, 2017
Maybe both is true?
Perhaps. But they've been through quite a few managers now. And it's not getting any better.

I know a lot of Utd fans from the NW and they seem to think their problems are more fundamental than the identity of the first team coach. They cringe at (e.g.) Lingaard's social media narcissism. Can you imagine City, Liverpool or Spurs' players acting like primadonnas like Utd's do? Or their managers allowing that? No. Even Arsenal and Chelsea are more pro than Utd.

It's possibly quite complex - the board, the manager, the players and the weight of history. But those players are pricks in the main.

Mr Chocolate

Rubba Band Business
Dec 23, 2012
Yep.

But a better coach than him would get more out of the player he has at his disposal. In a way I’m happy they fluked that win over PSG, it meant they would sign him long-term and stay away from a proper coach like Pochettino.
:agree: worse thing is that they are relying on him to rebuild the whole squad, he is going to control a massive squad overhaul, imagine giving a good manager like Poch free reign with the chequebook, it may take a while but he would 100% get results eventually imo, OGS is about as mediocre as they come, they must be regreting the decision now, everyone knew it was the wrong one when they made it.

Fuck, even Conte is avaliable and unemployed, he would shift the deadweight out of that team quickfast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 27)