Premier League 2018/19 (37 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
Then he was a terrible goalkeeper giving terrible advice.

It is correct in 99% of occasions to go to the man with the ball if he is clean through and NOT to cut his passing option. If you don't, then the man in possession has a free shot on goal. You want to challenge the ball. The striker may fluff his pass or the shot as a result of the challenge. It's all about playing the percentages. You absolutely do not run away from the ball when you are the only defender up against two attackers.

The ONLY time you do not do this is if the man in possession is really really shit at finishing and the other guy is very good. Sissoko/Son being the case in point here and the 1% exception.

ofc. If I've misread your intention and you were agreeing with me, then ignore this.
Lol. What are you on about? You never attack the ball if the player has the front to your goal and can pass the ball.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Wasn't it 3rd place finish AND scoring 15 goals for the option to become obligation?
I think it was 15 goals or 3rd place and 1-3 goals or winning EL while scoring there, but in not sure anymore. Either way, its Gerardo (and Sarri), hes (they) gonna choke it away as usual

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
I think it was 15 goals or 3rd place and 1-3 goals or winning EL while scoring there, but in not sure anymore. Either way, its Gerardo (and Sarri), hes (they) gonna choke it away as usual
They're playing away to Liverpool and United in the remainder of the season. More likely to finish 6th than 3rd.

Dantes

Dec 15, 2017
Van Dijk: “I see Sissoko and I know he’s right footed, and Son normally finishes these chances, so yeah, I decide from that.”
I feel that I'm being purposefully misunderstood, or I've not communicated properly. VVD definitely positioned himself so Sissoko would take the shot. His quote confirms that.

True. And no way Spurs continue ro suck so much
Let's hope so.

And the new stadium / infrastructure isn't the end of the road. It's the start.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
I feel that I'm being purposefully misunderstood, or I've not communicated properly. VVD definitely positioned himself so Sissoko would take the shot. His quote confirms that.

Let's hope so.

And the new stadium / infrastructure isn't the end of the road. It's the start.
Not this again!
The point is VVD would/should have done the same if it wasn't Sissoko and was, say, Dele Alli, because that's how you defend 2 on 1. That increases your odds from, say 1% to 5%. Still not great, but better.
The outcome would've been very different though as Alli probably would've buried it.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Not this again!
The point is VVD would/should have done the same if it wasn't Sissoko and was, say, Dele Alli, because that's how you defend 2 on 1. That increases your odds from, say 1% to 5%. Still not great, but better.
The outcome would've been very different though as Alli probably would've buried it.
:agree:

It’s the same in most sports with goalies. Defenders are supposed to take away the pass on a 2v1 and leave the ball/puck handler to the keeper. It makes it so the keeper can square up and focus entirely on stopping the shot, instead of having to move laterally across the goal to try to make a much more difficult save if the pass is made.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
:agree:

It’s the same in most sports with goalies. Defenders are supposed to take away the pass on a 2v1 and leave the ball/puck handler to the keeper. It makes it so the keeper can square up and focus entirely on stopping the shot, instead of having to move laterally across the goal to try to make a much more difficult save if the pass is made.
Wait for Dantes' condescending comments regarding Canada, hockey, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Ramsey just scored for Arsenal. He scored earlier too but was disallowed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 35)