Premier League 2018/19 (36 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dantes

Dec 15, 2017
Tottenham Bayern :sergio: and they're considered some kind of title Champions League contenders
Fixed it for you. LOL @ Bundesliga!

Well played by Lloris and Spurs' defence.....
Our patience is running a bit thin with Lloris. He must be getting very close to losing his starting place.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47768704

its hard to believe that after so many years Liverpool will finally be Premier League champions.
Very astute defending by van Dijk that might just win them the league. When we had a two on one from a break to go 2-1 up, he let the man in possession go and covered the passing option - which is the exact opposite of what you would normally do. But when the man on the ball is Sissoko and the passing option is Son. Very clever.

Last edited:

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Fixed it for you.

Our patience is running a bit thin with Lloris. He must be getting very close to losing his starting place.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47768704

Also. Very astute defending by van Dijk. When we had a two on one from a break to go 2-1 up, he let the man in possession go and covered the passing option - which is the exact opposite of what you would normally do. But when the man on the ball is Sissoko and the passing option is Son. Very clever.
An amateur goalkeeper taught this to me in a 6X6 game when I was playing as a defender. This is actually basic defending in 2 on 1 situations.

Dantes

Dec 15, 2017
An amateur goalkeeper taught this to me in a 6X6 game when I was playing as a defender. This is actually basic defending in 2 on 1 situations.
Then he was a terrible goalkeeper giving terrible advice.

It is correct in 99% of occasions to go to the man with the ball if he is clean through and NOT to cut his passing option. If you don't, then the man in possession has a free shot on goal. You want to challenge the ball. The striker may fluff his pass or the shot as a result of the challenge. It's all about playing the percentages. You absolutely do not run away from the ball when you are the only defender up against two attackers.

The ONLY time you do not do this is if the man in possession is really really shit at finishing and the other guy is very good. Sissoko/Son being the case in point here and the 1% exception.

ofc. If I've misread your intention and you were agreeing with me, then ignore this.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Then he was a terrible goalkeeper giving terrible advice.

It is correct in 99% of occasions to go to the man with the ball if he is clean through and NOT to cut his passing option. If you don't the man in possession has a free shot on goal. You want to challenge the ball. The striker may fluff his pass or the shot as a result of the challenge. It's all about playing the percentages.

The ONLY time you do not do this is if the man in possession is really really shit at finishing and the other guy is good. Sissoko/Son being the case in point and the 1% exception.

ofc. If I've misread your intention and you were agreeing with me, then ignore this.
Oh please! He was a great goalkeeper, and he was not making it up. It is indeed textbook defending. For instance, read no.3 here:
http://www.5-a-side.com/tactics/defending-2-vs-1/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 35)