Premier League 2018/19 (11 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Powis

Dec 9, 2009
And what if you never had this opportunity to just fall into it because of family?
Who knows. Maybe completely different things would've happened. But I'm sure as fuck I wouldn't have said ''Oh, I need to follow some team so I just pick them. (pointing finger at Real's badge).'' That's lame.
I started watching just before calciopoli. Ultimate jinx.
Same here. 2005 year roughly. Funny thing that I watched many Serie B matches as well. It was on some german channel that was called ''Premier'', If I recall it well.

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
I think the first match I saw was the win against Lazio in 2010 when Krasic scored the late winner. 7th place twice in a row with seemingly no hope of getting better, but dammit it felt so right :touched:
Lol damn. That's so recent and we're about the same age.

I started following Juve in early 2003, right before losing the CL final to Milan :(

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
I just thought all native Italians get the football injection by their fathers at the age of 3 or so

sorry for mentioning fathers @Fr3sh
:lol:

Fuck off was my dad that got me into football and Juventus, if it weren't for him I'd probably would have been Raul Madrid fan, would've had sooo many less heartbreaks, my life would've been so much more joyous.

Oh well, at least my dad isn't a Bayern fan amirite @DAiDEViL

Dantes

Dec 15, 2017
That's a good post. :tup:

You know, many people tend to use the word ''choose'' when speaking about foreign fans and the teams that they support. I don't really get how can you just ''choose'' your team. Personally, I never got to choose my team because I grew up watching football with my dad and he only watched Juve. I follow only this club ever since. I believe the majority of fans have a particular reason for falling in love with a football club. Many of them being won over by big players, others just get attached to the traditions or atmosphere, you can go on and on. That is why big and small clubs exist and naturally fans of so called smaller teams get mad sometimes. Like that West Ham dude in the tweet.

Let's look at this from a different point of view. Have you ever hear an American complaining about Europeans who support the NBA clubs? I haven't. I'd guess you haven't heard it either. They seem to have a different mentality and appreciation on this matter. On 17 January 2019, another NBA regular season game will be played in Europe just to let fans feel closer to their teams or the league. I will always say that you can support any team that you want as long as you're loyal and ALWAYS stick to them no matter what. By the way, it is nice to hear those kind words about Juventus fan base from you. Is that why you sticking around here?
Thanks for your reply, and that's an interesting perspective.

I have no idea about NBA but, being a Spurs fan and with our affiliations to the NFL, I can relate to the inclusiveness of the American Football franchises. And god knows I wish I'd sometimes 'chosen' a different club - but I'm stuck with Spurs for life now. For better or (probably) worse.

I suppose that what I was trying to say before is that whilst I don't necessarily condone the West Ham fans attitude, I can understand why it exists. And also that West Ham fans are not generally representative of the rest of us.

And I've stuck around here because it's nice to talk football with fans of other clubs sometimes. And Juventus supporters seem more normal, and less arrogant, than supporters of other big clubs. You have your vocal minority, however. But don't we all. :)

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
I think the first match I saw was the win against Lazio in 2010 when Krasic scored the late winner. 7th place twice in a row with seemingly no hope of getting better, but dammit it felt so right :touched:
I remember that game :touched:
I was convinced at that point he was Pavel's little twin brother

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
Thanks for your reply, and that's an interesting perspective.

I have no idea about NBA but, being a Spurs fan and with our affiliations to the NFL, I can relate to the inclusiveness of the American Football franchises. And god knows I wish I'd sometimes 'chosen' a different club - but I'm stuck with Spurs for life now. For better or (probably) worse.

I suppose that what I was trying to say before is that whilst I don't necessarily condone the West Ham fans attitude, I can understand why it exists. And also that West Ham fans are not generally representative of the rest of us.

And I've stuck around here because it's nice to talk football with fans of other clubs sometimes. And Juventus supporters seem more normal, and less arrogant, than supporters of other big clubs. You have your vocal minority, however. But don't we all. :)
Trust me, it was less painful being a Tottenham fan then a Juve fan. You guys ain't winning shit, at best you come close. Juve dominates, then chokes, then dominates some more, relegated, be shite for a decade, dominate, choke, dominate, choke, dominate, biggest choke job in a CL final, then this now. I think we'll one up that 4-1 score to something like a 5-0 lost to gift City their first CL

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
:lol:

Fuck off was my dad that got me into football and Juventus, if it weren't for him I'd probably would have been Raul Madrid fan, would've had sooo many less heartbreaks, my life would've been so much more joyous.

Oh well, at least my dad isn't a Bayern fan amirite @DAiDEViL
My dad is a Barca fan but never tried to turn me into one. Ffs, I would've had the real GOAT playing for my team.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Trust me, it was less painful being a Tottenham fan then a Juve fan. You guys ain't winning shit, at best you come close. Juve dominates, then chokes, then dominates some more, relegated, be shite for a decade, dominate, choke, dominate, choke, dominate, biggest choke job in a CL final, then this now. I think we'll one up that 4-1 score to something like a 5-0 lost to gift City their first CL
That explains why you a Napoli fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)