Premier League 2018/19 (28 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Both City and Liverpool would be contenders for CL. Fortunately, they're locked at the top of the Premier League right now, and I don't think they can mount a title challenge on both fronts.
I'm sorry, but that really can't be an excuse for City. With how much they've spent over the last years, they have to be able to compete on both fronts. I give you Liverpool, but judging by how they play in their group so far, they don't look like a serious contender at all to me.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Not that I don't value Lyon, they're a good medium-sized club that used to be good in CL, but still, they frigging won against City in England

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
City are a better team than Spurs, and that fixture last year wasn't easy. There aren't any really easy ties in CL.
We had a fatigued team in that period after all the injuries. The reason Spurs' midfield ran over ours, which wasn't great to begin with. Injuries and fatigue magnified that.

Plenty of knockout ties are easy, esp in R16, but yeah, in games between top teams, upsets aren't rare.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Both City and Liverpool would be contenders for CL. Fortunately, they're locked at the top of the Premier League right now, and I don't think they can mount a title challenge on both fronts.
Both those teams are very strong, but very one dimensional tactically which will probably be their undoing in the CL.

- - - Updated - - -

City are a better team than Spurs, and that fixture last year wasn't easy. There aren't any really easy ties in CL.
Last year's Juve was the weakest it has been under Allegri. This year's team is probably one of the deepest and most powerful Juve squads of all time.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
How is it that clubs from all the other leagues can deal with competing on 2 fronts (some 3), its just the english that are somehow exhausted because of it

Dantes

Dec 15, 2017
I'm sorry, but that really can't be an excuse for City. With how much they've spent over the last years, they have to be able to compete on both fronts. I give you Liverpool, but judging by how they play in their group so far, they don't look like a serious contender at all to me.
I'm not excusing City. I just don't think they have it in them to do both.
How is it that clubs from all the other leagues can deal with competing on 2 fronts (some 3), its just the english that are somehow exhausted because of it
It's not. The last four winners are all from Spain.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Italians used the same excuse in the 90s and early 2000s. The idea is premier league is tough because any team can beat you on any given day. With City steamrolling all of the smaller teams 3-0 and 4-0 this is a silly excuse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
It's not. The last four winners are all from Spain.
so only spanish clubs were "title challengers" last 4 years?

- - - Updated - - -

Italians used the same excuse in the 90s and early 2000s. The idea is premier league is tough because any team can beat you on any given day. With City steamrolling all of the smaller teams 3-0 and 4-0 this is a silly excuse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
i dont remember tbh but Serie A was definitely the strongest league during the 90s (same way the spanish is now, and similar to mid 2000s EPL) having their teams competing and winning in all european cups each year. bringing up this excuse in such scenario is justified then, but not for the EPL of last 7-8 years, that is the best league only in the minds of their followers

Last edited:

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Thats CL but Pool PSG and Napoli I`d definitely want PSG out...
Napoli worries none so even if they qualify they will be out in 1 or 2 rounds...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 28)