Premier League 2018/19 (25 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monty

Tuz Royalty
May 2, 2017
City's depth is finally showing up which is a worrying thing, players they effectively didnt have last year

Mendy, Bernardo Silva, Gundogan, Mahrez

Dantes

Dec 15, 2017
English teams are historically our easiest opponents so lets hope it happens
That perception is quite a long way from the truth.

Juve do have a decent record against English teams having won 19 of the 47 competitive matches played, and losing 15. The win ratio against teams from Spain is slightly worse but that's largely down to just one team - Real Madrid. So, as a collective, English teams are your TOUGHEST opponents.

Having said that, Juve are one of the favourites for this year's trophy, no doubt.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Yes look at all those youths promoted from the liverpool youth team like salah, firmino, mane, milner, keita, fabinho, van dijk, allison etc.
He developed some youngsters, but mostly because his hands were tied. Dortmund was basically built around signing young, highly talented players, as they can't/couldn't compete with other top clubs money wise. Liverpool has/had some serious weak spots, which made him look towards youngsters.

At Juve we don't have that. We are stacked in pretty much every position. We don't need to rely and hope on youngsters having their breakthrough. That said, the few youngsters who are good enough for Juve DO get developed by Max. It just takes longer, cause as i said, we are already stacked and simply can't offer them as much playing time as other clubs can.

Monty

Tuz Royalty
May 2, 2017
He developed some youngsters, but mostly because his hands were tied. Dortmund was basically built around signing young, highly talented players, as they can't/couldn't compete with other top clubs money wise. Liverpool has/had some serious weak spots, which made him look towards youngsters.

At Juve we don't have that. We are stacked in pretty much every position. We don't need to rely and hope on youngsters having their breakthrough. That said, the few youngsters who are good enough for Juve DO get developed by Max. It just takes longer, cause as i said, we are already stacked and simply can't offer them as much playing time as other clubs can.
why are you replying to me?

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
why are you replying to me?
Why not :shifty:

- - - Updated - - -

Alexander Arnold....
DeSciglio....

If Max was forced to develop a youngster, he would. But at Juventus he doesn't have to, however, he still developed Morata and Pogba, and now Dybala, Rugani, Berna and Bentancur. That's good enough for me.

The thing is, Everybody expects us to win everything, season after season, we can't go too crazy playing the Arnolds of this world just for the sake of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 24)