Premier League 2017/18 (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
I probably agree.

And they got a proud history. Something you cant say about $hitty
History is the worst argument when it comes to sports imo. If everyone thought that way, it would just pave the road for already rich and winning clubs to continue winning. I'm all about level playing fields and if new teams want to start competing, more power to them.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
History is the worst argument when it comes to sports imo. If everyone thought that way, it would just pave the road for already rich and winning clubs to continue winning. I'm all about level playing fields and if new teams want to start competing, more power to them.
Youre a Juventus fan so you should agree with me when im saying a club with a proud history got much more appeal.

Offcourse its about whats going on out on the pitch, but clubs like City or PSG will never have the appeal as others as i see it

- - - Updated - - -

History since Ferguson and that's as far as it goes.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
They won a European Cup in 1968 though :p

Agreed though - and i really dislike United, but also have to be fair to them in this sense

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Youre a Juventus fan so you should agree with me when im saying a club with a proud history got much more appeal.

Offcourse its about whats going on out on the pitch, but clubs like City or PSG will never have the appeal as others as i see it

- - - Updated - - -

They won a European Cup in 1968 though :p

Agreed though - and i really dislike United, but also have to be fair to them in this sense
I became a Juve fan because of Del Piero. Did Juve get him due to being a big club at the time? Sure. But history never played a part in my love for Juve. I hate Platini for example even if he was one of the best players in the world with Juve.

That's fine if you value history, I personally don't see it as a more appealing aspect when it comes to sports. I prefer cheering for teams based on the way they play first and foremost.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
I became a Juve fan because of Del Piero. Did Juve get him due to being a big club at the time? Sure. But history never played a part in my love for Juve. I hate Platini for example even if he was one of the best players in the world with Juve.

That's fine if you value history, I personally don't see it as a more appealing aspect when it comes to sports. I prefer cheering for teams based on the way they play first and foremost.
The way the play is also important to me. But I just feel clubs like Bayern Munich, Juventus, United, Real Madrid and so on are way more exciting than City, PSG and so on.

Not only because of the play, but also because they clashed so many times in history and you know what all those clubs achieved on the field

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
The way the play is also important to me. But I just feel clubs like Bayern Munich, Juventus, United, Real Madrid and so on are way more exciting than City, PSG and so on.

Not only because of the play, but also because they clashed so many times in history and you know what all those clubs achieved on the field
Fair enough :D

spurdo

Jun 4, 2016
I hate United and their fans with a fiery passion but City winning the title would be a loss to the sport overall. The team sheds hundreds of millions on foreign mercenaries and can get any player they want simply due to oil and slave money, just so the sheiks can stroke their tiny dikks from their ivory towers. United on the other hand gain their money honestly since they are such a massive team due to a rich history, so I consider it more acceptable that they spend big bucks.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
I hate United and their fans with a fiery passion but City winning the title would be a loss to the sport overall. The team sheds hundreds of millions on foreign mercenaries and can get any player they want simply due to oil and slave money, just so the sheiks can stroke their tiny dikks from their ivory towers. United on the other hand gain their money honestly since they are such a massive team due to a rich history, so I consider it more acceptable that they spend big bucks.
agreed

- - - Updated - - -

United's an okay club, it's the fans and Mourinho that I hate
also agreed. As soon as Mourinho is gone I can somehow or better digest them

Mar 10, 2009
This is going much easier that I expected for Union, they are really solid.
Called it from the start, reckon they'll do well in the CL as well.

Anyway regarding which team I hate more out of City or United? City by far; anything associated with Guardiola I hate.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Called it from the start, reckon they'll do well in the CL as well.

Anyway regarding which team I hate more out of City or United? City by far; anything associated with Guardiola I hate.
I also called it early and they have been proving it on the pitch. I also agree with you that they will do good in the CL, quarter final at least.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
QF at most, unless they get an incredibly favorable draw in the knockout stages. I don't understand why you are overrating them. They are really nothing special. Very solid, that they are, but incredibly unspectacular. The rest of the league are just crap, or taking their time to adjust/get into gear. If they come up against a Madrid, Bayern, or even Barca, PSG, or Juve, they'll be the underdogs.

Jun 6, 2015
I also called it early and they have been proving it on the pitch. I also agree with you that they will do good in the CL, quarter final at least.
You also called it last year and were dead wrong. Broken clock is right twice a day, might be right this time or not a bit early to tell but a broken clock you are nothing more.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Obviously I'm rooting for City to win the league. Hell, I'd even wish for Chelsea winning it again as long as United don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)