PRE-SEASON : Juventus - Manchester United (7 Viewers)

Febrina

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Hydde ] ++
Buffon and chimenti were in too dangerous cirmcuntances because the defenders.
I think not, for me the defence was okay, i mean ManU wants to scores more goal in the first minutes in second half while we're doing the same thing.
In the other hand, we're not doing a good coordinations in the first minutes (2nd half). we got shocked after Scholes and Ruutje.
Chimenti is too old, we need a good one for this season.
I just hope that Buffon will doing ok this season. Buffon's injury means disaster.

Speaking of gk, when I saw Milan-Barca, I was very impressed with Valdes and Andres (?)-barca's 3rd gk. Again, they still got Rustu (who's injured) to be a number one gk.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #323
    ++ [ originally posted by Ale's Cat ] ++
    Looks like we just can't beat them.

Last year we couldn't and we blamed it on the flu...

How about now?
    Why are you guys so pissed at losing to Man U in this stupid friendly? The EPL starts like two weeks before Serie A so obviously Man Utd are the fitter team, and since their league is starting so soon they are actually taking these friendlies seriously - we aren't. We gave practically all of our players a run and started with Legrottaglie, Zambrotta, Tacchinardi, Nedved, Del Piero and Trezeguet on the bench, while Man Utd played with their proper team and only made substitutions due to injuries. How could we ever stand a chance?

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #325
    ++ [ originally posted by azzurri ] ++
    why lippi put pessotto on the right-back ???? i cant believe it !
    from my point of view, pessotto is not good at all on right.
    Pessotto played left back. Birindelli was our right back.

juvetrainer

May 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Febrina ] ++
    I just hope that Buffon will doing ok this season. Buffon's injury means disaster.
    yeah, chimenti is too old. he's not too good. buffon only "give" MU one goal, but chimenti "give" them THREE goals.

Speaking of gk, when I saw Milan-Barca, I was very impressed with Valdes and Andres (?)-barca's 3rd gk. Again, they still got Rustu (who's injured) to be a number one gk.
    maybe juve can get one of them (not rustu) ???? :D:D

juvetrainer

May 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by -Fantasista- ] ++

Why are you guys so pissed at losing to Man U in this stupid friendly? The EPL starts like two weeks before Serie A so obviously Man Utd are the fitter team, and since their league is starting so soon they are actually taking these friendlies seriously - we aren't. We gave practically all of our players a run and started with Legrottaglie, Zambrotta, Tacchinardi, Nedved, Del Piero and Trezeguet on the bench, while Man Utd played with their proper team and only made substitutions due to injuries. How could we ever stand a chance?
    you are absolutely right, mate !

Febrina

Jul 17, 2002
    It's just a friendly match, everbody knows that!
    But it will reflected how serous the teams preparations this season. Look at Barca and ManU, they looked ready for the title this season. This is an event for big teams to show how far our concern about the teams preparations. For me it's serious....more than a friendly match.

Meow

Jun 8, 2003
    I didn't watch the game but somebody did online commentating in the chat room (million thx!!). They said Neddy's injury looked bad that he had trouble walking. Tacchi tried (or he did??) to hit Keane for injuring Neddy.

Neddy was out as soon as he got injured.

Nov 1, 2002
    i saw some great signs from the new players...
    meresca: he was doing everything in the midfield with great tachnic and great passing he is really brilliant playmaker i'm sure he will be useful in the 1st team.

appiah: he was great by the quick passing.

miccoli: he showed some great runs but he need more games to fit with the team.

logrottalie: he was very confedance and run from the defence to the midfield with skills.

all the new players shows some promises

Ivy

Jul 16, 2003

:eek: Dude, yr freaking me out....did buffon really get an injury? :scared: or were u just iffing?

and also when forlan set up the ball, tricked the defendor, tricked the goalkeeper and was like 2m away from the net and failed haha
    :LOL: Forlan..... :rolleyes:

@ Fantasia , thk u. :) u make me feel better aft reading yr post

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #334
    Here is my player performance analysis for anyone that's interested:

Buffon - He didn't have much to do and the only shot that came his way bar the Giggs goal, which he could do nothing about, was a left footed effort from Solskjaer which he saved.

Birindelli - He was average. No better, no worse. I can't wait for Thuram to come back.

Ferrara - He started very well and made some quality tackles but in the second half he and Montero gave the Man Utd players way too much space and we paid for that.

Montero - Pretty much the same as Ferrara.

Pessotto - He gave Neville far too much freedome on the right flank and didn't get forward to any effect.

Camoranesi - Very poor, he was way better in the Barcelona game.

Conte - Average.

Maresca - He was very good. Enzo made some good tackles and his passing was brilliant. His ball control is also very good.

Davids - He worked hard. Edgar was along with Maresca our best player in the first half and executed some beautiful long balls to Miccoli and Di Vaio.

Miccoli - Micco had a fairly good game but wasn't quite as penetrative as I would have liked him to be, though he did bring a save out of the Man U keeper in the first half and set up Trezeguet nicely in the second.

Di Vaio - Didn't do much. He only really got one shot off which hit the top of the crossbar and his control was very poor at times.

Chimenti - He made a horrible mistake which Forlan should have taken advantage of, but luckily he didn't. The goals that he let in were not his fault.

Legrottaglie - He didn't really have much work to do but he brought a good save out of Tim Howard with a nice header from a Del Piero corner.

Zambrotta - Didn't see enough of the ball to make a real impact.

Tacchinardi - Simple and quiet yet good.

Appiah - He was good IMO, better than Conte at least.

Nedved - Amazing. Neddy linked up well with DP, Micco and Trez and scored a lovely goal. He was our player of the second half.

Del Piero - DP moved fairly well and looked dangerous whenever he was on the ball. His shooting was average, but his corner kicks were very good.

Trezeguet - He actually did well in holding up a few balls and set up Nedved nicely for his goal. Unfortunately Trez couldn't put away any of the chances that fell his way.

Malamenga

Dec 15, 2002
    It's 11:00 Pm here in Toronto and I just sinished watching the game. For a neutral viewing or a United fan, it was an amazing game! I was rooting for Juve but no cigar

Manchester United 4 - 1 Juventus (goal by Nedved)

juvetrainer

May 22, 2003
    But it will reflected how serous the teams preparations this season. Look at Barca and ManU, they looked ready for the title this season. This is an event for big teams to show how far our concern about the teams preparations. For me it's serious....more than a friendly match.
    hey, dont take it too serious. we just meet again after a holiday. juve still have a month too prepare for the next season. ManU is serious cos their league will begin in near time.

we're not doing bad at all at the match.

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #338
    Remember, the EPL and La Liga start before Serie A so Man U and Barca HAVE to be fit and HAVE to take these games seriously, but we still have the Trofeo TIM, the Trofeo Berlusconi and the Birra Moretti Trophy ahead of us.

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #339
    ++ [ originally posted by Sunshine ] ++

@ Fantasia , thk u. :) u make me feel better aft reading yr post
    It's Fantasista, dammit! :(:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)