PRE-SEASON : Juventus - Manchester United (1 Viewer)

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
i dont mean to be a pessimist, but we will surely lose for these reasons:

1. the game is a few days before the milan game, so player won't give anywhere near 100%
2. ManU are tacking this seriously (see their last two games :eek: where they beat celtic 4-0 and Club America 3-1)
3. their players are way more fit since they have been in training longer and they played more games.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
I'm not sure of that, but I think Juve will seek revenge.. remember that they lost in the CL twice from ManU.. they will not play for fun this time...

forza Juve... :groan:

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
i honestly believe that we can beat man utd. i think at old trafford, with 11 players being left in turin, we played fairly well, if not better than them. they had two chances and took them but we did very well.

in turin, they didnt create one goal. we gave them 3 goals on a platter from childish mistakes.

This time around, we'll have a full team and we'll have players to play on the likes of RVN. I'm hoping that Legrottaglie plays on RVN to get some experience on one of europes best. And i believe that he can do well, and Tudor is another option.

i think we should really think about who they will play on the likes of del piero and miccoli, as man utd never faced us with those two last season. Not to mention Trez and Di Vaio as well.

i want to beat man utd, but at the same time, i want to make sure we keep ourselves fit and healthy for the Milan clash. that cup is obviously the most important pre-season game.

survivor

Dec 29, 2002
it's just a friendly match, BUT it would be fantastic to beat a team like Man U.

I don't think we can see a good performance from both dp and trez in this match as they may be too cautious about the milan match and may save their energy. Actually, Lippy should rest them and start with Miccoli/Di vaio. This will be a good preparation for M/D too, in case D/T couldn't perform well against Milan, M/D can replace them.

Or Lippi should try dp and miccoli behind Trez. I sitll prefer Trez for the big match. Di vaio scored in the barca game doesn't mean that he is better than Trez.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
OK, this is the point.

Lets kick those guys´s ass. At the same time, train all the guys, and in the same time, keep the breath for the real deal on sunday.

if things go to hard, just leave it, and try to practice a little and gain confidence.

If we could beat them, well lets do it, if not, let them be.

juvelogy

Jun 26, 2003
a team can't be ready for an important game unless these games are not treated as useless. you can't go from playing in a sunday-stroll in the park-kinda game and straight into the regular season.

My lineup for the match -

-------------------------------BUFFON--------------------------------------
BIRINDELLI--------FERRARA---------------LEGRO-----------PESSOTTO
--------------MARESCA-----------------------APPIAH---------------------
CAMO------------------------MICCOLI----------------------NEDVED
--------------------------------TREZ--------------------------------------

I think DP and Zambro and Davids need a breather ahead of their game with Milan. But Trez and Neddy seem out-of-form so i'll put them for the first 45 minutes.

del pozzo

Jul 22, 2003
I think this U.S. tournament is not sdo important at all.. but of course in the same time we must try out all the formation and the right player that suit our style for 03/04 campaign.

and also not forgetting the super-cup match against Milan!:devil: what is the most important thing is that we must make sure the players won't injuredthemselves.. isn't the new campaign near already.. and not forgetting also.. that they better stay fit! :cool:

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
I already mentioned this but I think the timing of this tour is terrible for us .. we should've played more friendlies in Italy as well as the Bira Moretti so that we come here reaching nearly our peak .. but it seems that we will first play those important matches and then go back to Italy and play against less important teams like Doria, Ancona, and Napoli and also Inter and Milan .. it just doesn't make sense ..

my_hitzJUVE

Dec 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by juvelogy ] ++
a team can't be ready for an important game unless these games are not treated as useless. you can't go from playing in a sunday-stroll in the park-kinda game and straight into the regular season.

My lineup for the match -

-------------------------------BUFFON--------------------------------------
BIRINDELLI--------FERRARA---------------LEGRO-----------PESSOTTO
--------------MARESCA-----------------------APPIAH---------------------
CAMO------------------------MICCOLI----------------------NEDVED
--------------------------------TREZ--------------------------------------

I think DP and Zambro and Davids need a breather ahead of their game with Milan. But Trez and Neddy seem out-of-form so i'll put them for the first 45 minutes.
good attacking formation:thumb: ......balance.....but it looks nice, if tacchi replace maresca in starting 11....

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
++ [ originally posted by dpforever ] ++
I already mentioned this but I think the timing of this tour is terrible for us .. we should've played more friendlies in Italy as well as the Bira Moretti so that we come here reaching nearly our peak .. but it seems that we will first play those important matches and then go back to Italy and play against less important teams like Doria, Ancona, and Napoli and also Inter and Milan .. it just doesn't make sense ..
Moneywise it does make sense, but you're right, playing wise it does not make much sense. In the past they used to train for at least 2 whole weeks without touching the ball, and another 2 weeks with the ball before playing their first game at Villa Perosa. Times change :)

Milan will only have one big game in their legs, and us 2, though Milan did not change much so it shouldn't be a problem for them.

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
I just spoke with my friend and he says that the purpose of this tour is solely marketing .. the teams needs to be exposed to the globe and after the trip to the Middle East in January it's time for the U.S. .. the players don't even train seriously here, the real training starts when we get back to Chatillon .. as for the SuperCup match against Milan it should be played like elsewhere (1 week before the league kick-off) but they played it so early because both teams will already be in the U.S.

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++

It dies itreally does. even thoughI am a bit drunken right noe...It doies matter because Trezeguet doesnt create chances by himself, but Miccoli an Di Vaio csn create as well as score cances.
I mean that it doesn't matter in a friendly who stars and who doesn't.

everyone are forgetting Forlan... he is very dangerous as well, not just VN. Forlan can score in one touch from every spot in the penaly area and it sometimes impossible to stop those cracking shots of his.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
having a good pre season gives an indication of how well the player will perform in the season, so I think it does matter.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Edgar Davids ] ++
Salas had a great pre-season last year, so it's not true.
I don't think that these freindlies are any indication of the future
salas wasn't given a chance last year, plus he was never fully fit.

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
yeah that's exactly the point. if you were judging from the pre-season he should have been very good in the regular season. that's why you can never know.

Lippi should try combinations and stuff, but the important thing is to get ready to the next match. and I think in the supercup the squad of last year should play

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
ok but I think you know what I mean. If a guy has a really good pre season and gets a chance, and isn't injured etc he should have a good season or at least a good first half. If a guy looks sluggish in pre season the chances are he will suck when the real stuff starts.

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
I agree on the first thing. the second thing I doubt...
it's better for a player to play bad in the training games and then knowing what to fix for the next important games

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)