Prandelli Asks To Quit Roma (1 Viewer)

Jul 28, 2002
does this meas gila has lost his insentive to go to roma :D

p.s i hope prandelli's family will be okay .

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
Prandelli Wants To Quit Roma

New Roma coach Cesare Prandelli could sensationally be about to quit his job just a few weeks after being appointed.
"Cesare Prandelli has informed the club that he wants to resign so that he can best deal with his family situation," read a club statement.

"The club, given the delicate situation, has invited Prandelli to take his time to calmly evaluate his position."

Prandelli was absent for the pre-season tour of America after his wife underwent surgery in Italy.

Luigi Del Neri and Serse Cosmi have been linked with the post, should Prandelli decide to officially resign.

Edge

Jun 14, 2004
I made this up, but you never know ;)
Moggi made contact with Prandelli to see if he wants to be the Juve manager, Prandelli said I would love to but I have family problems, so Moggi says ok then, no problem, but if Roma come and ask you to be their manager just agree and quit before the start of the season, we'll pay you a bit of money too and when Capello retires, we will consider you again.
And Prandelli agrees ! hehehe

juventus2

Jul 6, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Edge ] ++
Moggi made contact with Prandelli to see if he wants to be the Juve manager, Prandelli said I would love to but I have family problems, so Moggi says ok then, no problem, but if Roma come and ask you to be their manager just agree and quit before the start of the season, we'll pay you a bit of money too and when Capello retires, we will consider you again.
:D

_Emerson

Aug 13, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Edge ] ++
Not very funny, and not very repectfull said either.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Prandelli given 72 hours
Friday 27 August, 2004

Roma have handed boss Cesare Prandelli three days to make a final decision on whether he wants to resign.

The tactician last night told the outfit that he intends to quit, due to family reasons, but the Giallorossi would like him to reconsider.

"Our project has stalled for the time being and right now we don’t know whether that is for three days or a year," stated sporting director Franco Baldini.

Club delegate Rosella Sensi added: "We have given Prandelli three days to reflect on the situation.

"We want him to continue with us but he is a sensible man and we hope that everything turns out well for him."

Although the Giallorossi would like him to remain, that option looks highly unlikely and Roma are already making plans for the future.

"We are looking into an eventual replacement for Prandelli because the show must go on," continued Baldini.

"There has been contact with certain people but we still have three days until we will know whether we need to find a substitute for him."

Former Chievo boss Gigi Del Neri is in pole position to be appointed after he was sacked by Porto recently.

Ex-Perugia tactician Serse Cosmi and former Roma striker Rudi Voller are also contenders.

Prandelli did turn up at the Trigoria training base this morning where he talked to the squad before leaving with his son shortly afterwards.

"I’ve had a few personal problems to deal with in this period," the former Parma tactician explained.

"I attempted to carry on with my job in a professional manner but I found it difficult to work in serenity."

Sid

Nov 10, 2003
Prandelli.......your family needs you....family must come first!

Go.....go prandelli.....go AWAY from Roma and please....do stimulate Gilardino to join Juve because that's what makes your family happy

:D

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
Jul 12, 2002
Prandelli's wife must be in a very serious condition, otherwise he could have asked for one month away from the club. This looks bad for his family, but I hope for the best.

Sep 14, 2003
Football is nothing compared to your family, that always comes first. I hope the best for him, his wife and the rest of his family.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Best wishes to Prandelli. Roma fans wouldn't be worth the added stress anyway.

As for Gila, I stick with the theory that his allegiances to any given team are -- like Edgar Davids -- a matter of which way the wind is blowing. One of my favorite players in the world, but I don't see him making any club choices on anything other than what's rightfully in his own best interests.

I hope that Prandelli will do the same.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)