Prandelli Asks To Quit Roma (1 Viewer)

May 28, 2004
Prandelli Asks To Quit Roma
Roma coach Cesare Prandelli has offered to resign for family reasons.

The Eternal City club has not yet accepted the resignation but has offered him indefinite leave while he resolves his problems.

Prandelli, was appointed during the close-season to replace Fabio Capello who had joined Juventus, had signed a three-year deal with Roma.

A statement posted on club website www.asroma.it read: "This evening Cesare Prandelli indicated to the club his desire to resign so that he can devote himself to the events that involve his family.

"To such a request, the club, understanding the delicate nature of the situation, has offered its coach Cesare Prandelli the chance to take the necessary time to calmly evaluate his future within his close family."

Now what Sensi :D:fero:

Buy on AliExpress.com

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I hope Prandelli's family is alright.

But whew -- I dodged a bullet there. Prandelli almost would have made me shown a little sympathy to AS Roma this season. Nice to know there won't be any risk of that happening now. ;)

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
This is major news, guys.

What happened in Prandelli's family anyways?

I don't think Sensi will consider Del Neri, after he was kicked out.

Dino Zoff is still around, isn't he?

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
if i am not mistaken...Del neri still receive money from his contract with porto unless he starts working for another team...so i imagine del neri will take this year off....

_Emerson

Aug 13, 2004
WHAT THE HELL is going on, what is Prandelli doing, this is unbelieveable!!!, and the worst of all as that they probably gets Del Neri, then they will score 4-5 goals in every match and win everything :(. First the Del Neri Porto thing and now this?

_Emerson

Aug 13, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Arif ] ++

For Roma's opponents, better Del Neri than Prandelli. Prandelli is way better than Del Neri.
Totally wrong, a man like Del Neri who gets a Serie C team of almost amateurs to stable itself in Serie A and also been close at some points for the 4th and CL position, it says itself that he is fantastic, and every year Chievo has been raided for players, but still Del Neri manages to do well with Chievo. His attacking mentality is also very good. He is a great coach, Prandelli is also very good though.

OP
Forza_Bianconer
May 28, 2004
  • Thread Starter #20
    Prandelli wants to quit Friday 27 August, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cesare Prandelli is considering his Roma future after telling the club that he wants to resign.

The former Parma boss only arrived in the summer but he is thinking about quitting due to family reasons.

The capital club have confirmed that Prandelli has made the request but have asked him to take his time over any definite decision.

"Cesare Prandelli has informed the club that he wants to resign so that he can best deal with his family situation," read a club statement.

"The club, given the delicate situation, has invited Prandelli to take his time to calmly evaluate his position."

Prandelli already missed the pre-season tour of America after his wife underwent surgery in Italy.

Should Prandelli leave the Giallorossi then the Stadio Olimpico outfit have a number of options available to them.

They could hand control of team affairs over to Prandelli’s assistant Gabriele Pin.

However, speculation is already mounting that Gigi Del Neri could be appointed after his sacking at Porto.

The former Chievo boss was linked with the outfit before he joined the European champions over the summer.

Roma also have the option of appointing Serse Cosmi who is presently out of work after leaving Perugia.

Channel4.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)