Post your songs! (2 Viewers)

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
Layce Erayce said:
Do you have a song you'd like to share with others? Why not let us hear it!

Here's how you do it:

1. Just upload it to Yousendit
  2. Post the link here, along with the artist name and song title.

:agree:

If you need any help please ask.

Also, if this presents copyright violations let me know.
Good idea, I will post some later when go home to better connection ;)

OP

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
  • Thread Starter #3
    Honest Mistake by The Bravery.
    I noticed this single while watching Conan (I think). I dont typically like these kinds of bands, but I liked the song- it isnt just the standard mtv-anthem-fare, and its also a bit of a throwback to the disco/synth-rock era. Like The Killers, only better. The song, I mean. I havent checked out any of their other stuff yet.

http://s38.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1IR6ONKKH079S25PHTU5ANCNI2

OP

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
  • Thread Starter #5
    Sir Sebastian said:
    isnt this completely illegal? :D
    Nah, there's no mass-giveaways going on, and it helps increase exposure to bands people actually like. It also lets people comment on the song they just heard, which is fun. :weee:

Of course, its up to the mods to decide in the end.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    Sir Sebastian said:
    isnt this completely illegal? :D
    Only if the artist hasn't granted distribution rights. Which is true for most of the things popular enough for you to hear on commercial radio (does that even exist anymore?!), for example.

Of course, one of the sites we run where I work deals exclusively with free mp3 downloads of more unsigned/independent artists that are promotional and without restriction. So they do obviously exist.

Ramin

vBookie Champion
    Nov 18, 2003
    Layce Erayce said:
    Honest Mistake by The Bravery.
    I noticed this single while watching Conan (I think). I dont typically like these kinds of bands, but I liked the song- it isnt just the standard mtv-anthem-fare, and its also a bit of a throwback to the disco/synth-rock era. Like The Killers, only better. The song, I mean. I havent checked out any of their other stuff yet.

http://s38.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1IR6ONKKH079S25PHTU5ANCNI2
    Nice :weee:

OP

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
  • Thread Starter #12
    HWIENIAWSKI said:
    I wont even bother...doubt anyone is really interested in classical music :D
    I am. If its a particularly interesting piece, and is relatively short (ie, winds up in less than two days straight ) I'd be interested.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    swag said:
    Only if the artist hasn't granted distribution rights. Which is true for most of the things popular enough for you to hear on commercial radio (does that even exist anymore?!), for example.
    Exactly. If anyone posts something by Britney, it'll have to go, but there's plenty of legally free stuff out there if you look hard enough.

OP

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
  • Thread Starter #18
    Recently I've been listening to a song by a norwegian band called xploding plastix. Its called "mon amour" and its sung in French. The band won a grammy in 2003. Unfortunately the song isnt available on their website: http://www.xplodingplastix.com/

So I will be kind enough to post the song here. They also have a beautiful video for it, with little cartoon characters acting out a sort of surreal, playful prison-break/bonding experience. Its very touching. I'll post the video later.

http://s50.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=01MUHMOH4PR6L1L3VKPGRKELCK

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)