Post of the month: November - voting (1 Viewer)

Post of the month: November

• Geof on Cassanno

• Mikhail damns you

• Martin explains the old Juve site translations

• Swag on Fair Trade

• Bozi on Nick's whereabouts

• JuveAdam's club ranking systemq

• Erik-with-a-k's mockery

• Bianconero can't do it

• Just Bes on the wisdom of Badass Devil

Results are only viewable after voting.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
I was about to write that it's that time of the month again, but it really isn't. Sorry I'm so late with this guys, I plain forgot! Someone remind me next month!

Voting enabled.

Multiple voting allowed.
Voting is private.

Azzurri7 nominated Geof on Cassano's bust up with Capello
I heard Frosinone is looking for a forward...
Bianconero nominated me for this
Quote and link damn you!
Geof nominated Martin for his explanation of the Engrish translations of the old Juve site
The English translations on the official site are now not too bad, apparently they actually hired someone to translate. But who does not remember the legendary Engrish they used to give us? They made us wonder just how they translated those articles. Well, the mystery is solved.

http://www.tashian.com/multibabel/

What happens when an English phrase is translated (by computer) back and forth between 5 different languages?

=

That thing happens, if a printed question English (of the computers) is to translate of two channels between 5 diverse languages?

For added fun, add Chinese, Japanese, and Korean in the chain.

When England explained and the updated restorations that had been turned five languages the internal part do not emit (with the calculation), of the ways happen to something?
Bozi and I nominated Greg for this interesting and informative post on the Fair Trade label.
It's been a long strange trip. I've been aware of the whole Fair Trade thing for a number of years. Ironically, it was developed as sort of a response to the big business practices of the likes of Nestlé, Sara Lee, Proctor & Gamble, and Kraft Foods -- where they helped the Vietnamese grow and flood the market with C-grade robusta beans at $0.40/pound, putting any quality grower almost out of business with an inability to recoup costs. Fair Trade was also a response to the big retailers like McDonald's and Starbucks who encouraged those cutthroat price practices with mass quantity, questionable-grade beans.

To that extent, Fair Trade has been a success story in that now McDonald's and Starbucks -- two examples that were the whole cause for Fair Trade -- flipped sides and now support the causes. But Fair Trade has really gotten out of hand, IMO, particularly in the past year when all the "stiff-collared,middle-class,eco-conscious blowhards" suddenly got a hold of it and started to demonize anybody who produced or drank coffee that didn't carry the Fair Trade label.

Fair Trade is a completely flawed attempt at a problem. Some argue that it's better than nothing at all, while others disagree. What it's created is a Fair Trade cartel of sorts that works for some farms in a select few countries. But it's punished other farmers and created a lot of abuses too. It's gotten so bad that one of the premiere, high-end roasters in the U.S., Chicago's Intelligentsia, recently discontinued doing any business with Fair Trade. (THey created their own "Direct Trade" labelling in response to how shady Fair Trade has become.)

So what we have now are all these eco-conscious blowhards that are a couple of years behind of where they should be, promoting something now they should have been a couple years ago, but by now they should be questioning its value and recognizing all its flaws ... for which they are blindly not doing at all yet. :smoke:
I also nominated Bozi for
Hydde said:
hey where´s nick?
]hiding in his underground lair, working furiously on a bionic knee for rino
Bozi nominated JuveAdam's effort to rank the biggest clubs in the world.
Ok, after much research, thought & deliberation I am going to try to provide some kind of answer to this debate. Bear with me, here goes.

To define greatness is the hardest part of the arguement. Obviously every Juventino will say il bianconeri are the greatest club in the world, otherwise how could that man claim to be a Juventino, why support them if you don't hold that very belief close to your heart?

However, trying to be unbiased & objective about this, which club(s) can claim to be greater than Juventus? Firstly, who are the greatest teams from each major footballing nation? I think the definative list would read:

UK - Liverpool
Germany - Bayern
Netherlands - Ajax
Portugal - Benfica
Spain - Real Madrid
France - Marseille
Italy - Juventus

These clubs are chosen on domestic sucess, fan base & world wide support/identity.

Now, how to rank their domestic achievements? I figured the best ranking system is that used by UEFA in the Golden Boot top scorer rankings, which gives each league a multiplier, depending on strength of the league. Spain, Italy, Germany, France and England are all given a multiplier of 2, Dutch & Portuguese leagues a 1.5. So, mulitplying the number of titles won by this number gives the following results;

Real - 58
Juventus - 54
Benfica - 46.5
Ajax - 43.5
Bayern - 40
Liverpool - 36
Marseille - 16

Then I felt the need to add domestic cups, at the value of half a league title, and UEFA cup victories at the same value as a league title. Factoring in CL/European Cups was more difficult, but finally decided that it must be worth 2 league titles. At this stage I also felt the need to bring Milan into the equation, as their continental sucess far exceeds our own, as well as Manchester Utd & Barca, due to their worldwide reputations. The following points totals were thus reached;

Real Madrid - 97
Juventus - 77
Bayern - 71
Liverpool - 69
Ajax - 69
Barca - 68
Benfica - 67.5
Milan - 51
Man Utd - 51
Marsielle - 30

These rankings show that the clubs I added rank some way behind the original list, & that Marsielle are even further out & thus are discounted from the discussion. Looking at the above table I find the top 5 to be a fair reflection of the rankings in Europe in terms of size, sucess & percieved "greatness". Real Madrid ARE head & shoulders above the rest, esp when you consider that in 51 years of the European Cup, they have won approx 1 in 5. Our domestic glory, even only counted 27 titles (that nearly killed me!), added to our huge worldwide fan base, plus 2 European cup wins & 5 losing finals apperances is enough to put us above Bayern, who's league is somewhat weaker, despite 4 EC wins. Liverpool & Ajax make up the top 5, & rightly so. Fans of all 5 clubs could argue all day about the final order they should take, but clearly these ARE Europes top 5 clubs, & I feel my ranking system is fair.

The answer to the original question, how many European teams are greater than Juve, is one, Real Madrid. Hope this helps, either solving the arguement or giving more reason to continue it!
SexualChocolate nominated
PS. Notice how I came up with a girl's name that uses the exact same letters as the word "Armani" which you hold so dear :party:
Burke nominated
Don Bes begged Mark83 to nominate
after looking at your last 50 posts i came up with these conclussion

1. Inter is responsible from juve getting relegated to global warming and terrorism.

here's a few examples

Badass Devil said:
Transferência de Miccoli: Benfica apresenta documentos

Luís Filipe Vieira e José Veiga foram ouvidos pelo procurador italiano encarregue de investigar transferências e cedências da Juventus, clube despromovido à Serie B italiana devido ao calciocaos.

ASF
A noticia foi adiantada ao início desta tarde pela Renascença segundo a qual o procurador italiano que recebeu a colaboração da Polícia Judiciária portuguesa prossegue as investigações através da Europa, agora no Mónaco, averiguando com detalhe o empréstimo de Marco Di Vaio, em Inglaterra, a transferência do guarda-redes internacional holandês Van der Sar, entre outros jogadores.

Ainda de acordo com a RR, após terem sido exibidos os documentos, nada pode ser assacado ao Benfica no processo de empréstimo do avançado Fabrizio Miccoli da Juventus para a Luz.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apparently Miccoli's transfer from Juventus to Benfica is being investigated as part of the Calciopoli scandal.

wtf now binter? are we doing too well in serie B for ur liking that from this case that once we've won serie B, they will award binter with this title aswell and relegate us to serie c?

get a f*cking life moratti and co
Buffon? Red Card? that must mean only one thing
Badass Devil said:
with moratti in charge? ye rite

he wud try and suspend another juventini aswell just for the sake of it
do you have nightmares about inter ?

Badass Devil said:
do i get 1 titled badass devil vs interisti's? so i dont get banned for sticking it to the scums :p
worry/think so much about inter that you see them everywhere
Badass Devil said:
lmao guys, just realised sumthing today, my next door neighbor looks like moratti, ill get u a pic and compare
Cute nickname, Binter. however do not make it every other word in your post
Badass Devil said:
only interisti's can score in their own net in spectacular ways :p

zaccardo to binter in the summer guys?
Don't even respect the dead.

Badass Devil said:
u know wot kinda sickens me about this game? ok fair enough it was in memory of fachetti, but i still dont understand y other legends of italian football didnt get this same treatment
The only way to make your point is to write these "arguments"

Badass Devil said:
heres a message to binter barbarians all over:

juve are so good, we p*ss excellence.
you just prove your point so much more when you call inter, binter

Badass Devil said:
sorry but y didnt any1 think of renaming this the omar sivori cup, or the john charles cup? oh but oh no, fachetti is special enuff to have this honour, bloody shame that in an ideal world ppl wud rather have the chimenti cup, well no offence but im sickened and outraged by this decision, i cudnt give a rats ass how much of a legend he was to binter, but he means f*ck all to me, bollocks to u binter, i hope our primavera players withdraw and find a championship that is non binter influenced.

funy how juve still ahve the best youth team in italy, so this is only gona add shame to binter wen we win this so called fachetti cup.
2. The second type of post, even though it isnt as prevalent is the "i hate every other team" type and any player that is, has ever been, or wil ever be connected with them

Badass Devil said:
and like all true milanista's as evident of this season, they choke and fail
I mean inter is just sooo pathetic, and so is milan

Badass Devil said:
deduct binter forever and milan for a few yrs wud be a nice idea
3. The third category speaks for itself

Badass Devil said:
palla palla palla gol gol gol :weee:

common its ur time to shine
Badass Devil said:
palla palla palla - gol gol gol! :weee:

When Bozi tried,

Bozi said:
you know andy you really do lose us credibility with your ranting, try not F*cin swearing or saying f*ckin binter all the time:toast:
you responded

Badass Devil said:
sorry, ill say wotever the f*ck i want, but im outraged by this, im a v bitter person, i think some of u forget too easily. binter is a name not even they r worthy of, not even the name scum wud even half describe wot i think of them
he didnt question your ability to "speak" there

these are my $.02

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
mikhail

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
  • Thread Starter #11
    You're welcome.

I'm delighted to see Greg's post winning. It's great to see that kind of post recognised ahead of the one liners that often win these.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)